The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

18 minutes ago, Nabby said:

The board would be delighted , staying up and spending nothing. Remi would be lucky to get 10 mil to spend ;)

Remi would probably get fired seeing as his remit whether he knew it or not seemed to be relegation. Keeping us up doesn't seem to be what the board actually want..

• Like 1

theirs a few ways we can look at this, the board might think RG is not right for villa so why back him? its a real  kick in the teeth for RG if this is the case,

players will join the club if you pay them the going rate, newcastle have show this by getting in the correct players.

if i was RG i would just walk away, 

27 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Think your wrong about Garde. I don't think this time around his reputation is really on the line. He hasn't been backed to bring in any of his own personel and that is the overiding factor here. Everyone knows he has been shat on. Most will agree now that the clubs owner and board members are the major problem here not Garde.  

that's true enough  but he did also leave Lyon for personal reasons  , so arguably it would be 2 out of 2 that he has walked away from ( all hypothetical of course)

football is a different beast to the real world of course but it could raise some doubts about him

For those saying Remi should walk away, here's a quick reminder of K-Mac's team selection:

Guzan

Hutton    Clark   Lescott   Richardson

Bacuna   Westwood   Sanchez

Sinclair   Gabby   Jack

That's possibly 2 of our current starting 11.

1 minute ago, cbr600rr said:

theirs a few ways we can look at this, the board might think RG is not right for villa so why back him? its a real  kick in the teeth for RG if this is the case,

players will join the club if you pay them the going rate, newcastle have show this by getting in the correct players.

if i was RG i would just walk away, 

Would you walk away from those 30k per week? Just to show them up?

RG hasn't made mega-bucks in his career, so I doubt that any of you would walk away.

7 minutes ago, rubberman said:

For those saying Remi should walk away, here's a quick reminder of K-Mac's team selection:

Guzan

Hutton    Clark   Lescott   Richardson

Bacuna   Westwood   Sanchez

Sinclair   Gabby   Jack

That's possibly 2 of our current starting 11.

I think that was someone making a not very subtle point if I'm honest  so I wouldn't read too much into that team

Edited by tonyh29

I find this 'I am considering my position' to be a load of nonsense to be honest. He had to have known when he joined the club that there was no money in January. This would have been further cemented by our appalling form over the Xmas period which meant we were relegated before the window even opened. It strikes me as a carefully co-ordinated effort by the board and manager to get the fans on his side and then "force" the board to release money in the summer (which was the plan all along) to buy some players for Rémi.

Edited by villa89

27 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

On that basis one of the worst posts you've ever read on here? Give over chap.

I was not providing excuses, merely plausible reasons for some of the players you mentioned. I didn't go into detail no, I kept it brief because I didn't want to waste too much time on a debate that cannot be won.

You implied they were lauded, that they were mainstays of this massively underperforming squad. They are neither.

I think those people who preferred Richardson over Amavi, at any stage, possibly need to rethink their lives. What were these awful performances?

Not really. Richardson did play a lot better v chelsea than what amavi had been playing against the likes of palace.

The more im thinking about it the more i am thinking thesemorons might think remi isn't the right man for the job so they deliberately did this. They are hoping he quits so they dont have to pay him off.

They are all poison. I dont even think Ellis would have been that stupid  not to sign anyone 

Well unless he comes out to say that his targets were unobtainable and absolves the board of any blame I think it's fair to assume that he was promised backing in Jan and this has evaporated into thin air. Poor bloke, if we get anywhere close to safety the board should do all in their power to 1) keep him here 2) back him in the summer.

15 hours ago, terrytini said:

Well I wont repeat all I said above but one extra thing puzzles me here .........you think (wrongly IMO that 'the reason' no money - NONE ! - has been spent is because we are further adrift now than when Remi took over ?

Yet you think they will give him funds next summer - by which time we won't be points adrift we will be a whole League adrift !

So why would they either keep him, or if they did, give him money, if not now ?

Its much simpler, and they are, to coin a phrase, "hiding in clear sight"....they have explicity said "no" to money.

No, we probably don't need the funds next year, just a few players to complement the tactics.
We already have a Championship team, even with some of the PL players leaving. I believe one or two, sadly maybe someone like Gabby, will blow that league apart. Others have previous experience. Then we have some kids which may make up some extras.
And I'm not underestimating the league, I know how hard it is, probably the toughest in Europe. I just know how important fitness and impact is to that league and we have some dotted around the place.

Then we have the willingness to sell the club, either Randy is stripping to make a profit or trying to get back up and make a healthier profit. Either way his desire to leave has been intensified.

They might keep Garde because they realise he is changing the identify of the football we play, cutting hype players adrift and actually bothering to stand up to people. That's a positive because it means you don't always need stars to progress. A viable proposition in business terms.
Btw, my first post was made before Garde made his frustrated announcement,

The reason you wouldn't necessarily give him the money now is because he may have identified targets to keep us up rather than for next years Championship. The board may have gone for them but realised financially it got out of hand. We ended up with none. (which of course isn't good enough)
Financially that's important, our summer transfers appear to be on surprisingly low wages considering what we have paid. That may be manageable for a couple of years on a parachute payment.

Garde is 10 points adrift when we were 7. Plus we have already played those games where 6 points was a real possibility. Now we only have one chance to beat the poorer teams. 
That's a pretty good reason to not spend.

Why do you think they're not spending? I don't think you've actually said....I'm not even sure you've followed my posts fully....

Would I have done things differently? Definitely, I'm an optimist, plus a 'going down plan' would have some young loan players come in with a view to a permanent move. 
Our board is negligent in every facet and so all we can do is guess, I'm just happy Garde is fighting more than anyone at the club and anyone we've had for the last half decade....I hope he stays because he's impressed me more than anyone since MON, though if he goes I wouldn't blame him.

Sounds silly maybe but off the back of watchable form, it'll be interesting to see the teams body language and overall game tonight. Remi will have been with them since travelling up (perhaps yesterday) atleast. 

Could go one of two ways, Remi stays regardless of being mugged off and he tells the players to blow all but positive speculation outta the water by digging in, using the media outpour to fire them up and prove otherwise, beckoning not particulary a win, but positive play.

Or hes going, from which the players may have an idea, regardless of a few 'professional performances' our energy, desire and effort suffers.

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Can't see him leaving til the Summer. 

Evens to leave on SkyBet. Though, i'm not sure how much truth in it there is. 

It was at 6's so that a fair shift

It's quite clear now that the second the clock struck eleven last night the media started quoting excerpts from his earlier press conference and putting their own spin on it.  

Maybe he does want to leave, he's said he's unhappy but it's the media's guess.

• Like 1

Been away until today so missed the furore of transfer deadline day.

Needless to say I'm shocked that we didn't sign anyone.

I actually agreed with the approach of not spending loads of money when we'd probably get relegated, but to not bring anybody in is just ludicrous.

If that results in Garde walking away too then it's doubly stupid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaCas said:

You're taking a very simplistic view. The real situation is much more complicated.

You initially argued that Ayew "was not premier league standard".  By implication that means that he is not good enough to play regualrly for a team in the premier league. Let's ignore Newcastle and Sunderland as they are in the other relegation spots and concentrate on others.  Your arguments is that Ayew is not good enough to play for Norwich, Bournemouth, Swansea, WBA, Palace, Watford.  Really? You really think that at the moment Ayew is Championship level at best.

To extend your argument, you agreed that Ayew had been our best player so by implication the rest must be worse

Okore? Amavi? Lescott? Gil? Veretout?, Gana? Richards? none of them could get a game for Norwich? Bournemouth? WBA?

Sinclair, Westwood, Clark, Lescott would all get games at the clubs mentioned

My opinion is that we are a GK, CB and Striker away from a mid-table side.

Collectively we are the worst team in the league (although at this exact moment in time I don't actually think we are the worst) but this is down to much more than players ability alone. Confidence, tactics and squad balance make up a massive part.

Are Leicesters players the best in the league becuase they are top? Is Huth the PL best CB - obviously not

We are made up of players of differing abilities - some are not good enough Gestede, Hutton, Guzan. Some would look like world beaters if they had good players around them

The eleven worst players in the league - I don't think so

I keep telling you my point, you keep arguing something else. I'll leave you to it. 

Â