The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

so if we had a starting 11 consisting of this line-up we wouldnt be in this mess?

Guzan/Bunn

Amavi Richards Lescott Cissokho

Gana Bacuna

Traore Gil  Ayew 

Firstly thats only ten players unless you're playing Guzan and Bunn in goals, secondly you've got two left backs and no right back, thirdly Traore is not a regular starter and fourthly there is no striker

Would we be in a mess with Garde from the beginning of the season and this team

Decent GK

Decent RB Okore Lescott Amavi

Gana Westwood

Ayew Veretout Gil

Decent Striker

No!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

'wild claims'? 

:D

Yeah wild claims.

Here you are saying people are wrong for saying that they can't get in top 5 teams. Which is what West ham are atm I believe.

Yet on what basis are you right? What have you seen that others haven't? 

Nobody is standing out like Scott parker did in West ham. Nobody. We are down there and down there adrift for a reason.

And if we've got so many decent players, why are ppl whinging about randy not investing. We've obviously got top 10 players galore here.

1 minute ago, Woodytom said:

Yeah wild claims.

Here you are saying people are wrong for saying that they can't get in top 5 teams. Which is what West ham are atm I believe.

Nobody is standing out like Scott parker did in West ham. Nobody. We are down there and down there adrift for a reason.

And if we've got so many decent players, why are ppl whinging about randy not investing. We've obviously got top 10 players galore here.

This was in response to a post suggesting that we have the eleven worst players in the Premier League

I've not seen anyone claiming that we're packed with top 10 players

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Yeah wild claims.

Also the guy didn't say Gana could get in the West Ham side, he said that if he was playing in a West Ham side with good players around him he would look a decent player

If Albrighton were still here everyone would be saying he was crap and you would be laughed at if you claimed he could play for a league leading side but in the current Leicester side he looks good

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

if he walks he earns a reputation as a quitter however justified it may be  add that to the fact his results have been very disappointing (along with performances)  and I doubt he will ever get another top job for a very long time ...he'll see it through to the end of the season and may will walk then  ....if he's not fired

Will be interesting to see how all his "targets"  perform at the Prem clubs they ahve joined though , might give us an indication of his judgement on players

Think your wrong about Garde. I don't think this time around his reputation is really on the line. He hasn't been backed to bring in any of his own personel and that is the overiding factor here. Everyone knows he has been shat on. Most will agree now that the clubs owner and board members are the major problem here not Garde.  

If Garde gets us relegated it wont hurt his reputation as he was given absolutely nothing to assist him. Hollis, Fox and the rest of those clowns should be ashamed of themselves. What else is worrying, knowing they lied to Garde in cold blood, if he walked who would want to work with liars like Tom Fox??

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Can you imagine if he somehow managed to do it. Would probably be the greatest escape ever (we can dream)

The board would be delighted , staying up and spending nothing. Remi would be lucky to get 10 mil to spend ;)

You're taking a very simplistic view. The real situation is much more complicated.

You initially argued that Ayew "was not premier league standard".  By implication that means that he is not good enough to play regualrly for a team in the premier league. Let's ignore Newcastle and Sunderland as they are in the other relegation spots and concentrate on others.  Your arguments is that Ayew is not good enough to play for Norwich, Bournemouth, Swansea, WBA, Palace, Watford.  Really? You really think that at the moment Ayew is Championship level at best.

To extend your argument, you agreed that Ayew had been our best player so by implication the rest must be worse

Okore? Amavi? Lescott? Gil? Veretout?, Gana? Richards? none of them could get a game for Norwich? Bournemouth? WBA?

Sinclair, Westwood, Clark, Lescott would all get games at the clubs mentioned

My opinion is that we are a GK, CB and Striker away from a mid-table side.

Collectively we are the worst team in the league (although at this exact moment in time I don't actually think we are the worst) but this is down to much more than players ability alone. Confidence, tactics and squad balance make up a massive part.

Are Leicesters players the best in the league becuase they are top? Is Huth the PL best CB - obviously not

We are made up of players of differing abilities - some are not good enough Gestede, Hutton, Guzan. Some would look like world beaters if they had good players around them

The eleven worst players in the league - I don't think so

Agree largely but would argue we are a goalkeeper, a right back and striker away from being mid table once Amavi is back to full fitness.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

We've outplayed a fair few teams until the final third.  Unfortunately we have no strikers capable of putting the ball in the net and our midfielders don't get in the box.

If you know the guy on the left can't shoot or cross you just let him have the ball and close down his options. Ball won.

Opposing teams of course play to expose Villas soft spots - it's a crucial part of the game.

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

We've outplayed a fair few teams until the final third.  Unfortunately we have no strikers capable of putting the ball in the net and our midfielders don't get in the box.

Clutching at straws, but maybe having Kozak and Gestede out will unearth some magical goal scoring combination.

Either that or it'll be Sinclair and Gabby.

Well you just seemed to point out that some of them had been injured as the only plausible excuse for them being shite when on the field.

Take amavi for example. Sure there were one or two games where he looked good. He's now injured. People seem to forget that there was some games where he was awful. So awful that quite a few ppl after the chelsea game Said that sherwood was right to bring richardson in.

On that basis one of the worst posts you've ever read on here? Give over chap.

I was not providing excuses, merely plausible reasons for some of the players you mentioned. I didn't go into detail no, I kept it brief because I didn't want to waste too much time on a debate that cannot be won.

You implied they were lauded, that they were mainstays of this massively underperforming squad. They are neither.

I think those people who preferred Richardson over Amavi, at any stage, possibly need to rethink their lives. What were these awful performances?

I do think Remi Garde is very much like Wenger and will have us play in a certain style, now if that style is what we are seeing now will he be able to make us have a more attacking intent and goal threat with the players he wanted to bring in.

That is the reason at this point that I am not bothered if he stays or goes.

1 minute ago, mykeyb said:

I do think Remi Garde is very much like Wenger and will have us play in a certain style, now if that style is what we are seeing now will he be able to make us have a more attacking intent and goal threat with the players he wanted to bring in.

I agree - I think Remi's style actually relies on a level of quality that we may not be able to attract from here on in. I can't fathom who Remi would target this summer that would have the level of quality he needs. It must be doable though if Swansea and Southampton can do it...

4 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Please elaborate - I can't see your point here?

• Like 1

Â