The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

14 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It doesn't work like that though.

It's like saying Liverpool didn't win the league because Suarez wasn't good enough.

But everyone could see Suarez was clearly good enough. Ayew is currently my favourite villa player and has on occasions been absolutely brilliant. But on his whole contribution this season it hasn't been good enough.

Ayew is hit and miss but he's one of the few players I'd like to keep, along with Amavi.

Okore all depends on his knee but again he's one of the few who haven't (imo) let us down this season.

Veretout tries hard but I can't make my mind up if he's going to prove he has what it takes or not, unfortunately I fear he's out of his depth.

Gana is bloody awful along with Sanchez, Richards, Hutton, Bacuna, Gestede, Clark, Westwood, Guzan, Sinclair, Richardson and CNZ. They all need to GTFO.

Just about passable is Lescott but not alongside Richards. 

If and it's a big IF Remi Garde desides to stay with us I don't know how he's going to prevent another drop without being able to spend more money something that Hollis is against doing.

We are in a far worse state than we were in 87.

43 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I like Ayew but since the start of the season, his very good games have been in the minority. I think he will continue to get better and become a better player but for this season on the whole he's not been good enough. Same with all our players. Veretout and gana have had moments but have also looked well off the pace. Amavi for all his good work going forward still looked weak at times in defence. 

I think these players have the potential to be good solid premier league players but they're not at that standard yet and have shown it this season.

As Stefan said I'd build the team around them next year because they have potential to be good but right now it's not been enough. Our new players haven't been up to scratch and our existing players continue to decline. It's that mix that sees us as the worst team in the league. 

I think this is a pretty fair post to be honest, don't really see what issue can be taken here. 

6 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Isn't Okore's deal up soon? Or is that the end of next season?

End of next season, but he should be being offered a contract right now, or else his departure in the summer is more or less guaranteed. I find it hard to believe no PL team would be interested in him as a backup at least. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

End of next season, but he should be being offered a contract right now, or else his departure in the summer is more or less guaranteed. I find it hard to believe no PL team would be interested in him as a backup at least. 

Agree 100%. A new contract means more money though. 

We no likey the spendy money parts.

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Everton has been following him for a long while, according to Bryan King.

30 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Typical VT. We're the worst team in the league therefore everybody is shit. NOBODY can even be half decent.

While I agree with this concept Mantis, the problem we have is that we are so far the worst team that it is very hard to make a case for any of the players. 

I mean if you scroll through villatalk, albeit it might be different ppl saying it but the players seen as half decent are:

Ayew

Veretout

Grealish

Gil

Traore

Amavi

Richards

Okore 

Gana

Westwood

People even questioned the ludacracy that Cissokho was sent out on loan.

That's nearly a full team. It's just impossible for all those players to have played decent/be decent and be where we are.

At times one or two of them have shown glimpses of brilliance but it really is glimpses.

Not one player can look across the whole season so far and hold their head high. Not one.

While I agree with this concept Mantis, the problem we have is that we are so far the worst team that it is very hard to make a case for any of the players. 

I mean if you scroll through villatalk, albeit it might be different ppl saying it but the players seen as half decent are:

Ayew

Veretout

Grealish

Gil

Traore

Amavi

Richards

Okore 

Gana

Westwood

People even questioned the ludacracy that Cissokho was sent out on loan.

That's nearly a full team. It's just impossible for all those players to have played decent/be decent and be where we are.

At times one or two of them have shown glimpses of brilliance but it really is glimpses.

Not one player can look across the whole season so far and hold their head high. Not one.

Amavi - injured

Okore - injuries

Gana - injuries

Adama - injured

Grealish - idiot

Richards - not a centre half

Westwood - you're on the wind up

Cissokho - decent back up

So there's your "full team" ripped apart and you also don't list a striker or a keeper, which are rather important constituent parts of a football team.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

No. We've got a team full of players who on the whole are not good enough or have not performed at the level required. 

Which players have played at good premier league level most of the season? 

No I'm not being drawn into a different argument

You agreed that Ayew was our best player but stated that he wasn't good enough for the premier league

By implication this means that you believe that none of our players are good enough for the premier league

I think we have a dozen players or more who would be good enough to feature in the line-ups of most mid and lower half teams

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

We are one of the worst teams in Premier League history and come June i dont think many teams will be sniffing around our players

Some would be sold rather than bought by other teams. I can see 4-5 players leaving easily.

Just now, Zatman said:

but when a team goes down they are usually raided for good players. On current form I would imagine we would be stuck with most of this team next year :( Only Zog I think is out of contract

we bought Gavin McCann when Sunderland went down with about 15 points!

Just now, chrissmith921 said:

we bought Gavin McCann when Sunderland went down with about 15 points!

but Sunderland had finished top 8 few seasons before that and were just woefully managed by Wilkinson. Derby or Sunderland with 12 points under McCarthy werent raided at all, thats the level we are looking at here

but Sunderland had finished top 8 few seasons before that and were just woefully managed by Wilkinson. Derby or Sunderland with 12 points under McCarthy werent raided at all, thats the level we are looking at here

It isn't. We aren't anywhere near that bad talent wise.

Though didn't Sunderland win the league the next season?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Amavi - injured

Okore - injuries

Gana - injuries

Adama - injured

Grealish - idiot

Richards - not a centre half

Westwood - you're on the wind up

Cissokho - decent back up

So there's your "full team" ripped apart and you also don't list a striker or a keeper, which are rather important constituent parts of a football team.

Not really. Probably one of the poorest posts I've ever read tbh.

Â