The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

5 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I said two months ago that he wasn't the man and unfortunately i was proved right.

We need to stick by him now because he's going to be here until we at least get relegated.  

A lot needs to happen at this football club before we get back up into this league..

Starting with the chairman and the board. 

How have you been proven right?

Is it because we're not on course for a top half finish?

He doesn't even know his best starting 11 yet, let alone best formation.

Lets get to the end of the season, see how he dares in the transfer window and see how the team perform between now & then before making bold claims of being proven right.

Especially given the fact that there was no decent manager available in any case.

1 month ago, everyone was saying we missed a trick with Allerdyce-How many would say that tonight?

I absolutely respect people's right to think otherwise and give him the benefit of the doubt by virtue of the fact we are a shit team and in a huge mess at the moment , but I think he is a poor manager.

• Like 1

I thought we dominated the game today, played some decent football and created more chances (and good ones at that) that we have in recent times. I also thought we generally kept it tight at the back, and at no point were West Ham really all over us. 

To me, that suggests the team selection and set up was right.

Gestede had two prime chances that he has to take, and although i thought he generally played ok, those misses have cost us today 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Richard said:

I absolutely respect people's right to think otherwise and give him the benefit of the doubt by virtue of the fact we are a shit team and in a huge mess at the moment , but I think he is a poor manager.

Because....

8 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

How have you been proven right?

Is it because we're not on course for a top half finish?

He doesn't even know his best starting 11 yet, let alone best formation.

Lets get to the end of the season, see how he dares in the transfer window and see how the team perform between now & then before making bold claims of being proven right.

Especially given the fact that there was no decent manager available in any case.

1 month ago, everyone was saying we missed a trick with Allerdyce-How many would say that tonight?

What !!! We have not won a game yet! We need to win games. Yes we look more steady but we need to take risks and play our more creative  players. He is not doing this. Poor appointment in my opinion. Again he will not be the man to take us out of the championship.

I don't know whether or not he's a good manager. I think he might well be, but I don't think he did much wrong today. We had enough good chances to win the game, but couldn't because Gestede isn't up to it really. Could Garde have gotten inside Gestede's head and improved his prowess in front of goal in the same way Sherwood may have done for Benteke? It's hard to say. 

I feel some satisfaction, as an Irish man, and a generally petty individual, that Grealish has been frozen out. I also enjoy that Gabby has been told to go **** himself. I think there is more talent in the team that Garde should try to needle out, but I'm getting the impression that he is doing it, albeit slowly. I'd like to see Grealish and Ayew play together, but I think the team need to find their feet a bit more before something like that can happen. Settle the side, then improve.

Edit: I appreciate that I'm contradicting myself there Re: Grealish, but I just mean that I'm happy to see Grealish isn't having things his own way after thinking he's billy big bollocks after starring in a few games for a pretty crap team at the end of last season, while at the same time I'd like to see him come back into the side when both he and the team have matured.

Edited by YLN

3 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

What !!! We have not won a game yet! We need to win games. Yes we look more steady but we need to take risks and play our more creative  players. He is not doing this. Poor appointment in my opinion. Again he will not be the man to take us out of the championship.

Our more creative players have done little to nothing all season. I see no benefit in loading the team with them.

Not taking risks does not mean he was the wrong man for the job- Neither does starting with Gil or Grealish. If you wanted a gambler then Sherwood was your man.

16 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Because....

Poor tactics

poor substitutions  - timing , selections , tactics afterwards

failure to get a win so far

general demeanour cones across as weak

finally a gut feeling he is poor, I.e. My opinion

For me, it's hard to judge Garde until after we go on a mini good run or two. Under both Sherwood and Lambert we had periods where we did well but then sunk back into shitness again (this happened at least half a dozen times under the latter). If we do go on a good run then unlike the last two Garde might just be able take us forward. Obviously, if we're sitting here a year from now in the Championship and things are still dreadful then his position should be reconsidered but he walked into such a shit situation that it's unreasonable to be jumping to conclusions already.

50 minutes ago, Skruff said:

Has my complete support. We're improving for every game. You can only fix so many problems at once. And at Villa there are many. You need to steady the ship before you start sailing, and thats exactly what he's doing. Too little to late, so be it. He's not at fault for the mess we're in. People speaking as if it would be 3 certain points if he made subs earlier. Why would he make subs when we're looking the closest we've been to winning a game all season? It might as well backfire, messing up the balance of the team . When(if) we go down, I still want him here.

Spot on. 

6 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

Let the game fizzle out again, we should of been the ones taking the game to the opposition at the end but it was the other way round just like last week.

Are you saying that Garde told the players to ease up?

Save themselves for Tuesday?

Villa Talks saving grace AKA Traore was on the pitch-Surely that tells you that the manager was not trying to let the game fizzle out?

Â