The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

I'd say the chances you mentioned for us, aren't usually chances that end in the net. The chances they missed are. I wouldn't say its luck. De Jong being shit is more to do his lack of form than just pure luck. 

Other teams do miss chances but the ones in the 3 games we've drawn have been some truly shocking ones. I think it's a concern than we're only picking up a draw in games where the opposition miss absolute sitters. 

Perhaps Garde is a lucky manager. That would help.

Are they failing because they are garbage? Or are they failing because we are making life difficult for them?

I was thinking that both Southampton and Newcastle missed a number of clear chances that could have put those games beyond our reach. Southampton are on a terrible run - even worse than ours over the last six or so games. We are one of the few clubs who failed to beat them during that run. Newcastle, I think we can take a bit more credit for the way we played in the second half but still their inability to score more was down to their own failings.

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I think your first paragraph is rubbish, to be honest. I'd expect one of those chances we created to go in under normal circumstances, definitely. You only have to look at some of Leicester's recent goals, one of them literally just hit Mahrez and bounced off him into the net, not that I want to downplay their success, only to say if we keep creating like that the goals will come.

It's called rub of the green and when it's not going for you there's not an awful lot you can do about it except keep looking for it. A draw was a fair result, but 2-2 would have been a fairer scoreline, IMO.

Fair enough. You can.

I don't think any of our chances could be compared to that chance which should have ended the game at 2-0.

It's good that we've started creating more and looking more dangerous, I'm not confident we'll keep it up. 

I do also agree a draw was a fair result. 

Edited by DCJonah

Its funny how the luckiest teams are usually at the top and the unluckiest at the bottom.

its called creating your own luck.....through good play.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I love the respect this man has for words , never superfluous always measured  , and I think he truly believes that no virtue has it's reward like patience .  He strikes me as a man who doesn't suffer fools , hence bye bye Gabby . I remember Saunders getting pelters when the likes of Gray and Gidman were shown the door , but in the end he was proven right because how do you harness talent without self - discipline ?                  No , I firmly believe that we have petentally a great manager on our hands , and I for one am right behind him .

Didn't they want to leave because of Saunders rather than him showing them the door? Anyway I think its far too soon to suggest he might a great manager for us. The jury is still very much out on him in my view!

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Didn't they want to leave because of Saunders rather than him showing them the door? Anyway I think its far too soon to suggest he might a great manager for us. The jury is still very much out on him in my view!

Andy Gray wanted to leave and join the glamourous Wolverampton Wanderers ?   YOW must be bonkers .

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Andy Gray wanted to leave and join the glamourous Wolverampton Wanderers ?   YOW must be bonkers .

To pay debts he had for the holy city zoo.

10 hours ago, PaulC said:

In Gray's autobiography he claims Saunders considered him a bad egg and also that Dennis Mortimer was a Saunders favourite , and alluded to him  being an instigator in his departure . Whatever the truth , the fact Gray still bleeds claret and blue to this day speaks volumes .

Theres conflicting stories but his son is a big Villa fan. Anyway best to get the thread back on track. The next few games may well define Garde as a manager here. Yes he hasn't had much time but we need to show an improvement in results and performance from the previous manager even if staying up is a forlorn hope.

Â