The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm surprised by people saying we don't look organised, or at least more organised than we did under Sherwood.

The difference is day and night to me.

I wish I was but I am just not seeing it mate. We battled well against Man City, we were a shambles against Everton, against Watford we looked decent going forward but poor at the back, against Southampton much like against Everton we could very easily have been 3-0 down in the first half and yesterday we started really slowly and didn't press Arsenal who never got out of second gear to secure the win.

I am just not seeing any improvement. We don't defend better, we don't create more chances and our build up play is ponderous. The very least I expected under a new manager was a bit more passion and desire and the added incentive to bust your balls to impress the new manager but I haven't seen any of that. In fact in regard to effort I think we have gone backwards which as some have alluded to may be down to some players having given up on staying up.

What I do acknowledge is that this is almost certainly a very poor group of players. Also Garde has only been here for 5 games so it is way too early to be overly critical of him and blame him for the continued poor results. As I said earlier I think even at the end of the season it may be difficult to judge how well he has done due to the squad he inherited and the position we were already in. That isn't to say he should get a free pass though and I'd still expect him to improve us especially if he brings in two or three players in January.

It would be interesting to know what fans minimum expectations are for us now under Garde this season. When he was appointed I hoped for at least a point per game ratio from the remaining 27 games but I think even that looks ambitious now.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

The 'organisation' is a total fallacy, the defense has been all over the place in every single game we've played under Garde, including against City, where we gifted them multiple chances which they failed to take. The midfield also looks a shambles, weak, positionly poor, not working defensively as a unit and not attacking with any coherency. 

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

the 2nd goal was Lescott against 3 players in the 

wouldnt see that in the local park on a sunday morning

And?

Did I say we were totally organised for every second of every game?

I said we were more organised than under Sherwood. Granted that's not saying much as Sherwood was a laughing stock. But still.

• Like 2

I'm not seeing a lot of improvement if I'm honest  , I'd question if we have actually improved v Sherwood or Lambert or McLeish  .. we are still the same toothless football club with no ideas

so far he got very lucky v Man City , Very Lucky v Southampton , spanked v Everton and very unlucky v Watford

Yeah he's working with a load of crap but he's not helping himself either ...Playing Gestede and then not delivering one single cross into the box for him ( well ok one cross when he headed it badly wide) ..

bringing on Adama with 4 minutes to go  .. why bother , that's one you make with 30 minutes to go (or even at half time ) surely ?

He's not to blame as such , that falls on Lerner and Fox to a degree  , but at the time I said I feared he was another OGS  ... I'm worried he may well be  ..

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Zatman said:

the 2nd goal was Lescott against 3 players in the 

wouldnt see that in the local park on a sunday morning

Q3OyW.jpg

Shouldn't defenders sit in their positions instead of rushing out chasing the ball with wild abandon and leaving a huge gap where they should be for opponents to exploit?

It seems like in Richardson and Okore we have 2 defenders who do just that - always attracted to the ball and leaving the opponent forwards totally unmarked instead. Take this goal for example, what was Okore doing rushing all the way out to midfield but not being able to get the ball? He even ran beyond Sanchez and Arsenal simply passed the ball around him for the freedom to attack an open goal.

Like how David Luiz has always been panned, if you're not gonna be present in defence where you should be, then you're simply a joke of a defender.

5 minutes ago, GasGasGas said:

Shouldn't defenders sit in their positions instead of rushing out chasing the ball with wild abandon and leaving a huge gap where they should be for opponents to exploit?

It seems like in Richardson and Okore we have 2 defenders who do just that - always attracted to the ball and leaving the opponent forwards totally unmarked instead. Take this goal for example, what was Okore doing rushing all the way out to midfield but not being able to get the ball? He even ran beyond Sanchez and Arsenal simply passed the ball around him for the freedom to attack an open goal.

Like how David Luiz has always been panned, if you're not gonna be present in defence where you should be, then you're simply a joke of a defender.

He did it about 15 times at Southampton. He badly needs games.

I think he is alright. At least he is fielding sensible line-ups. With Sherwood it was ridiculous every time we saw the team sheet, and the team sheets were getting more and more erratic towards the end of Tim's tenure. At least Remi doesn't come out playing a 4-1-5 or a 5-3-2 against Stoke at home. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I think he is alright. At least he is fielding sensible line-ups. With Sherwood it was ridiculous every time we saw the team sheet, and the team sheets were getting more and more erratic towards the end of Tim's tenure. At least Remi doesn't come out playing a 4-1-5 or a 5-3-2 against Stoke at home. 

The results and performances are still the same though, nothing has got any better. As has been said before it really is rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic

13 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I just think he will be a broken man come August 2016 and we will expect a storming start in the championship- which he may struggle to deliver.

Garde won't be here next season IMO

31 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Needs 3 points against Newcastle, nothing else is good enough, a point is a shit result, has to be all 3.

We are crap at Newcastle at the best of times, I wouldn't count on any points

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Not a chance in hell.

Even if he was the worst manager we've ever had, he still wouldn't get the sack this season. There would be no benefit in getting a third manager of the season in at this stage.

No but I didn't mean that he will be sacked. Don't forget he left the Lyon job on his own free will. Must be a lot more pressure in this job than the Lyon one.

44 minutes ago, KHV said:

Garde won't be here next season IMO

Speaking to the Birmingham Mail, Remi Garde has admitted that he has held talks with Villa owner Randy Lerner concerning his future at the club, should they be relegated at the end of this season.

Garde said: “The discussion with the owner was also about that. I wanted to have certain answers and he told me that in the case of relegation the project was still on, and that he counted on me to lead it. So I am working also in the medium term. I would want to stay if I feel that everyone is behind me.”

Garde has admitted that he has held talks with Lerner concerning a potential relegation at the end of this season, with Villa looking extremely likely to drop to the second tier at the end of this campaign.

He begs to differ. http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/12/14/remi-garde-discloses-what-randy-lerner-has-told-him-about-relega/?

Â