The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

16 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Lexicon, 

You mentioned the lack of confidence in the team; Veretout was a prime example on Sunday. First half, he drifted around making himself marked as if to have no chance of receiving the ball. Second half, he was asking for the ball more and improved. 

That was surely down to the half time team talk? 

We have to remember that a lot of the new players are young and they will probably know the significance of what it means to relegate our club. I think the pressure is showing on some of them. A win for this team could work wonders. 

Simply not good enough. He's a professional footballer who earn's a fortune. Needing a half time team talk to encourage you not to hide, just isn't good enough.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Simply not good enough. He's a professional footballer who earn's a fortune. Needing a half time team talk to encourage you not to hide, just isn't good enough.

Perhaps it was just a tweak in tactics, releasing him from his defensive duties so he could find more space.

Woodytom 

Maybe it was just Garde noticing what others could see and spoke to him in a way that gave him the confidence to want the ball more. 

I know that players earn fortunes but confidence is a vital part of any persons performance. For instance, if your ex left you because you had a small dick, would that fill you with confidence to get naked in front of the next woman that wanted to sleep with you? 

Confidence is a big factor in sports and I think Lexicon made a valid point regarding the confidence in our team. Not winning in their last 15 league games is not something they can be proud of so they must be feeling a lot of pressure. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

I don't know what you expect ? (often !).

Are you saying no professional footballer should ever need this sort of thing ?

Well I've news for you, they all do at some point.

Even our heroes from the golden seventies had poor games, made mistakes, lost confidence, messed stuff up, went missing, and all the other stuff. As have all players from all Clubs. And all sports. And all jobs. And life.

And that's without taking into account the precariousness of our position.

And apart from any tactical tweaks involved rather than just being told " not to hide".

• Like 1

gotta feel for Remi Garde.......... seems a decent bloke, but for me his appointment just doesn't fit right........... I think its a case of "Right Man, Wrong Time"............ we needed a firefighter if weve anychance of staying up, but should the probable happen, are we confident that Garde is the sort of manager with the sort of style that gets promotions from the Championship.......... I just cant see it............. it will all end in disaster IMO

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

gotta feel for Remi Garde.......... seems a decent bloke, but for me his appointment just doesn't fit right........... I think its a case of "Right Man, Wrong Time"............ we needed a firefighter if weve anychance of staying up, but should the probable happen, are we confident that Garde is the sort of manager with the sort of style that gets promotions from the Championship.......... I just cant see it............. it will all end in disaster IMO

Who is this firefighter you speak of?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Who is this firefighter you speak of?

Feck Knows........... Maybe Fireman Sam would have been decent............

Not got all the answers, maybe Sam Allardyce, Nigel Pearson, Sir Alf Ramsey ???

Just now, Adbo9 said:

Feck Knows........... Maybe Fireman Sam would have been decent............

Not got all the answers, maybe Sam Allardyce, Nigel Pearson, Sir Alf Ramsey ???

My point is that whilst Garde isn't exactly tearing up any trees he was IMO one of the best managers available and i'm still surprised we got him. Allardyce would possibly have kept us up and if that is what it's all about then yeah, he'd probably be the better candidate but the reality is he was already in a job.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

My point is that whilst Garde isn't exactly tearing up any trees he was IMO one of the best managers available and i'm still surprised we got him. Allardyce would possibly have kept us up and if that is what it's all about then yeah, he'd probably be the better candidate but the reality is he was already in a job.

True, im just firing names, but Allardyce was what, in the job a week or so, surely we knew what was going on behind the scenes so could have worded the bloke up.......... Pearson was out of work - that's who id have gone for, he may not have kept us up, as we were  too far gone, but hed have certainly had the knowhow to have us in a position to go for 1st time promotion next year - if Garde thinks Veretout and Gana can tip tap their way out of the championship while looking round bemused every time they lose the ball - then they got another thing coming................  I agree on paper, Garde looked a bit of a coup, but IMO, the situ we are in this wasn't the approach we should have been taking.   This isn't a position that we will play our way out of...... this is a position where we needed to scrap our way out of............. and judging by the last few games, it looks like the players at his disposal don't want to fight, track and do the shit side of the game for him, like they didn't Sherwood.............. so for me, I stand by my prediction that he will be a disastrous appointment............ hope im wrong........ not all Garde fault, but if come the end of the season were still rooted in the bottom 3 and down, we cant all point our finger at Sherwood, and garde has to take his share of the blame as he will have been gaffer over 20 plus games........... im resigned to relegation, but im also resigned to mid table obscurity in the championship if Garde remains in charge

3 hours ago, villan_007 said:

Their salary has nothing to do with it. Earning fortunes isn't some miracle drug that can turn confidence around.

No but it should be a sign of the quality and professionalism of the player both of those traits requiring character

28 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Really, that is exactly all it's about this season...what more could you possibly hope to achieve.  Staying up for us this season with the money coming in next season is pretty much the be all and end all.  Other clubs are spending next seasons money already, we could really make a good go of things if we stay up.

Going down will be a total disaster, where will the money come from for us to compete in the championship?  It could lead to total capitulation, and I wouldn't be hopeful on winning promotion down there at all.  Poisoned chalice to go down, staying up is all we have to think about for the remainder of this season.

Â