The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

11 hours ago, Adbo9 said:

I agree on the "Bad Fit" element............. ive not made a judgement on Garde as yet........ but as a norm, when a new manager rolls into town, regardless of who it is, it generates a buzz and a bit of interest........... this appointment to me hasn't done that........... I gotta admit, I forgot wed even had a new manager sitting through the Watford game........... nothing has changed, I don't think anything will change, something just doesn't feel right to me................

Mmmmm I'm not totally sold on Garde yet either but there are deeper routed problems in the club that are now hurting us big time this season than this managerial appointment. And also Sherwood spectacularly messing up a very kind opening few months in the fixtures which has presented Garde with a bit of a hospital pass.

Still I just want us to win a game or two. Yes our squad is poor but there are plenty of other poor teams in this league, it surely shouldn't be beyond Garde's capabilities to get us 3 points in a game or two which we have over the xmas period.

Let's see how this season pans out but my gut instinct is I wouldn't fancy him to get us promoted from the championship.

Much better second half but game should have been lost after 30 mins. 

Disappointed we didn't go for it. Not sure playing for the draws are going to keep us up.

Didn't expect anything at the start so a point is a welcome bonus. 

Not overly impressed with Garde.

Again, we started horrifically. The first 25 minutes was damn near a total car crash, they had several clear cut chances. Like the City game, we had to rely on their awful finishing, rather than anything good that we were actually doing.

I also thought the subs were extremely poor and not made at the right time. Gestede and Sinclair contributed absolutely **** all, Gestede should have come off earlier, Sinclair some how stayed on for the 90. 

Needed a win here, doesn't look like Garde is capable of motivating this lot, and I'm struggling to see where we're going to get the wins from. Southampton have been in awful form, this was a real opportunity lost, yet again.

Don't have an issue with the subs. I think Westwood was brought on just after Southampton scored to help solidify us more in face of the onslaught we would face after the goal. 

Richardson for Bacuna was injury related.

I'd like to have seen Adama on in the last 10 to hit on the counter but all in all not that bad.

• Like 1

I only saw the second half so can't comment on the first.

From what I saw we were decent. Midfield the biggest difference for me. The more defined shape in there with the players having proper roles is so evident it's unreal. Both Sherwood and Lambert never got that right.

We still lack attacking options. Ayew is our best attacker by far but I still think Garde is struggling to find the best way to supply him. With our lack of quality at fullback it's hard to get the wide attackers up to support him as they need to protect the defenders. Gestede did about all he could do while he was on. He had nobody running off him so the high balls were just being flicked on to nobody.

And the age old Aston VIlla problem of defending a one goal lead was our biggest fault. Happy we held on for the point in the end though.

Ok for me. Avoid a hammering next week and I'll be quietly confident going into our easy ish run. 

Edited by Stevo985

7 minutes ago, Richard said:

Strange mole as I'm not sold on him but I'm not sure there were many other opportunities for him

Just too late. Reactionary. Every one was aware that we could have been several down but were fortunately ahead. You have to capitalise on that before you concede.

Edited by a m ole

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

What absolute rubbish. When you're bottom of the league on 5 points away against a solid top-8 team like Southampton getting a point can hardly be called a "lost opportunity".

Pure hyperbole.

Points have to come from somewhere and today was a great opportunity. It was a great opportunity for 3 points it's as simple as that. People like you will make excuses every time we fail to take our chance, and will in turn, excuse us into the championship. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Points have to come from somewhere and today was a great opportunity. It was a great opportunity for 3 points it's as simple as that. People like you will make excuses every time we fail to take our chance, and will in turn, excuse us into the championship. 

Games like this are the games where points are usually decent, especially for a club in our position in our kind of form.

I didn't try and excuse the shambles against Watford so you can cut that nonsense out.

• Like 2

Realistically a point against a team like Southampton is pretty good given our predicament and our form, especially away from home. Sure this was a chance for a win, inasmuch as every game is, but a "great" chance? I wouldn't say so. Of course it's disappointing to lose a lead, but we've lost against far worse teams than Southampton already this season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Points do need to come from somewhere & we need a minimum of 10 wins to survive. Whilst its disappointing to loose 2 points today, there were at long last signs of a little bit of fight, heart & desire out there today.

Perhaps a point today could be a springboard?

5 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

Points do need to come from somewhere & we need a minimum of 10 wins to survive. Whilst its disappointing to loose 2 points today, there were at long last signs of a little bit of fight, heart & desire out there today.

10 wins..... Gulp!

5 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

we said that after the city game but then we go and get mauled by everton. if we can build on this point then great but if we go and get hammered by arsenal next week then whats the point.

Â