The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Think I have said this a few times since January, if he stays I can live with it but if he chooses to walk, I wouldn't be disappointed.  Sacking him is a bad idea though, firstly the cost and secondly it wouldn't help our reputation for backing managers. 

I personally think he has shown great dignity during this spell. Many would have just walked and told the whole world how bad a mess we are in behind the scenes. He may just have given up this season and be prepared to do his talking next year with a whole new team and attitude. Long odds maybe but who knows. 

• Like 1

I find it very hard to criticise Garde, given the shambles both above him (at board level) and below him (at squad level)

I have to say that even taking this into consideration, there has been absolutely nothing to convince me that he is/was a good appointment.

Given the massive difference in the league we will be playing in next season. my wish is for us to part company-In whatever way is necessary.

I think this is all a bit harsh. He's clearly not doing a good job, but given the scum in our squad, absent clear permission from the board to ostracize 10-15 first team players, he's been kinda doomed.

Not that this matters anymore, as given the results his position going forward is becoming untenable. Even if we/he decided to stick together, the pressure he'd be under next season would be insane and likely detrimental to our goal of promotion.

He isn't to blame at all, I hope he stays.

We have been very close to being relegated with Benteke and Delph in our team, take them out and this was always going to happen. Sherwood couldn't get results, Garde couldn't. These aren't his players, there is no point changing manager again.

• Like 3

I would say also that beyond him and even Sherwood we are paying the price for standing still.I don't think we have gotten suddenly a whole  lost worse than previous seasons but the other teams and in particular the new promoted teams have all gotten stronger.

Whats worse now is without a Benteke we are not scoring  , their is no tailsman for the other players to look up to.I think they go out every game fearful this is causing them to squander attacking opportunities and lose concentration and concede  poor goals 

1 hour ago, mwj said:

I'm not sure what he did wrong today? Best starting lineup available, decent enough tactics for the selection (hoof it up to Gestede) and brought Green for a debut. What else do you want?

Not to lose all the time? 

Not to look shambolic in defence? 

To have some fight and pride?

Any one of us could pick 11 players. If that's all is required of a manager then there's plenty of cheaper options out there 

• Like 2

We have no pace, no creativity and these player's are a lot worse than Spurs, Everton, Man City etc who we have played lately. Doesn't matter who is in charge, what players play or how we set up. We are going to get played off the park more times than not.

I hope it's not true he considering staying next season. He doesn't half talk some bollocks. He thinks we have improved under his stewardship but the table doesn't necessarily reflect it. :crylaugh:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Anyone with a shred of dignity would have walked by now.

Keep waiting for that pay off Remi, there's a good lad.

I haven't seen too much dignity around the club over the past few years. Or intelligence, for that matter. IMO; Garde appears to be the only one at the moment having a bit of both. Ability in the current environment, that's another matter.

So we got sick of a gobby, arrogant mouthy guy in Sherwood. Who showed passion and screamed from the touchline. All he does is show passion, it's not enough.

Now we're sick of a reserved, intelligent manager who does his talking behind closed doors. Needs to be hard, show passion.

Sick of Villa, sick of our fans. Just bin it all.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Anyone with a shred of dignity would have walked by now.

Keep waiting for that pay off Remi, there's a good lad.

Aston Villa has wiped it's arse with Remi's reputation. Including not bothering strengthening the squad at his request when everybody else in the relegation zone did.

Yep - he should just walk without any compensation and show some dignity.....

....after all, you would if you were in his position, right?

Â