Demitri_C

going off a very small sample size of his last time in charge I remember he gave debuts to Albrighton, Weimann and Bannan and had faith in Clark at centre back. Maybe he will play some of our home grown players tonight, think if fit maybe Clark, Gardner

we also played very wide so maybe Traore will get a game

I really hope he does give some of the home grown/youth a shot tonight and mix it up a little bit.

We may/probably will get knocked out but it'll be good to see some of the youth and some tactics finally.

I'd give some of the fringe/youth players a run out. Ideal opportunity to see what they can offer.

Totally disagree. We need a win, any win, to boost confidence - play our best team in a decent formation and see what we can do.

We don't have the luxury of playing fringe players at the moment!

Well Kmac said after the match.. if Gestede started.. he got two of our best crossers of the ball and stuck them on the wing (bacuna and amavi).

At least thats a plan!

He also said if Gestede doesnt play we would play a different way.. im assuming with Grealish and Gil.

This was Sherwoods problem.. he would try play on the ball and play Gestede at the same time.. yet Gestede is a very very limited player. Hes no Benteke. It doesnt work. He cant bring players involved. He doesnt drop deep or make runs. Gestede should be on the bench and be brought on when we need additional ammo up top chasing a game.

• Like 3

Tony Parks had an input on the side last night, no doubt still hurting that his mate has been chopped.

If he is hurting that much why didn't he walk with the rest of them or had his contract paid up by the club? 

From what I have noticed previously, he is our most vocal coach on the sideline, the one with the most passion and if I have read your post correctly it seems to me that you have suggested he had attempted to sabotage the team and result because his mate got the boot.

I think that is a ridiculous assumption to make.

• Like 1

I thought we were better than Southampton last night and should have won

Worrying lack of end product, though.

Yup and for all the perceived solidity we quite tamely went down to 2-0. Last min penalty makes it another 1 goal defeat but we really looked very devoid of ideas up top. Ball down the channel for Gabby was abotu a dangerous as it got till Grealish came on and even then, there was really only the ball across the 6 yard box and another couple of threatening things but nothing really clear cut.

I hope the 4-4-2 was protecting players for Monday and we won't see that system again. Looked like damage limitation to me and we really, really don't look like we can keep a clean sheet at the moment so neutering the attack isn't going to help much,

Hopefully they are working hard on a less rigid and predictable line up now they have more than 48 hours to prepare. KMac only got the call on Sun night so lets give a bit of time with the group before caning him too much :) 

Tony Parks had an input on the side last night, no doubt still hurting that his mate has been chopped.

If he is hurting that much why didn't he walk with the rest of them or had his contract paid up by the club? 

From what I have noticed previously, he is our most vocal coach on the sideline, the one with the most passion and if I have read your post correctly it seems to me that you have suggested he had attempted to sabotage the team and result because his mate got the boot.

I think that is a ridiculous assumption to make.

I agree. Parks, even through his troubled personal life, has struck me as nothing less than a professional. If there was any doubt at all about that then he would already be gone.

I read somewhere earlier that Kmac has said the confidence in the team us extremely low. I think this is something that has been apparent in the team for a long time (under Lambert and sherwood) and something that needs addressing. Do we have psychologists at the club? Surely that us something that needs to be brought in.

I read somewhere earlier that Kmac has said the confidence in the team us extremely low. I think this is something that has been apparent in the team for a long time (under Lambert and sherwood) and something that needs addressing. Do we have psychologists at the club? Surely that us something that needs to be brought in.

This is the thing they are paid a fortuine and act like absolute losers. Grow some balls FFS and stop acting like kids. Give your all for the club. What I dont understand is we have a huge squad. We should be saying to players if you play crap your out and someone else will get your spot in the side. Thats the point of competition and instead its accepted "THAT THEY "LOW ON CONFIDENCE"

its really irritating seeing grown men paid vast sums of money but play and act like losers

Â