Demitri_C

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and take what he said at face value because if his selection was made with the intention to make some petty little point, then that is even worse and would undo all his previous service to the club.

Sack him please. He is clueless. Tactically inept and leaves out Gueye. Rested as he looked tired in the Swansea game? Can't spot talent from a mile away. He's in charge of the youth? No thanks time to go Pal.

Been some poor comments in this thread tonight. Kev Mac is not a top flight manager. Due to circumstance he was asked to step up from the academy and take the team for two games. I guarantee that the youth team manager/academy coaches at almost all the other Prem clubs, like Kev Mac, would be totally out of their depth managing the first team.

As it is I believe he did his best and in the end we had a 2-1 defeat at a club last season that beat us 6-1 and a 3-1 defeat at a club two seasons ago that beat us 3-0. This in games under permanent managers and managers, certainly in the case of Lambert , who had far more top flight managerial experience than Kev Mac.

He can go back to the academy and hopefully help bring through a few more players good enough to forge out decent careers as he has been doing since the mid 90's with the likes of Cahill, Davis, Gabby, Craig Gardner, Gary Gardner, Vassell, Samuel, Ridgewell, Barry, Clark, Baker, Albrighton, Bannan, Weimann and Grealish,

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

He knew exactly what he was doing with that lineup. It's hardly a coincidence that all of our summer signings disappeared today. And Gana and Traore aren't injured. That team was a big 'F U' to the ownership. Don't want that poison working with the youngsters.

• Like 1

If it's true that he didn't field our strongest team in order to try and make a point to the chairman then that is completely unforgivable. Why do the people in the most important positions at our club not have the club's best interest at heart? Think back to the Culverhouse fiasco under Lambert where we had the coaching staff sacked for bullying youth players and you can just tell our club is rotting from the inside out.

Where did you get this from? It is quite incredible that people make up this crap. KMac was on a hiding to nothing tonight. If he had nicked a point in the 2nd many would have been singing his praises. He was asked to do a job against the odds, he isn't a good manager but who else was going to do It? Sid Cowans wouldn't have taken it on for any money. Maybe someone on VT could have done it - obviously plenty think they know better. For someone to claim he doesn't have the best interests of the club at heart and would effectively throw a game to make a point is an absolute joke. 

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 1

He did seem to needle the brass when asked about the Lyon coaching staff, when he said if they are willing to spend the money, they'll get the coaches...not often you'd hear such blunt talk from someone in his position.

But can you blame him for feeling frustrated?

It's a total shit show

• Like 1

Sorry but Old Mcdonald has to go to the farm, I'd rather Ronald McDonald pick the team than Kevin.

He's been good over the years with the youth but a disaster when he's near the 1st team.

But that's the thing, he's hardly ever. I'm fine with K-Mac staying on with the youth team. 

• Like 1

Poisonous.

Based on??? Yes his line up was poor but poisonous?? 

If he chose that team to prove a point then no argument really. If he chose it because he thought it was the best team then he's just plain stupid.

Sorry but Old Mcdonald has to go to the farm, I'd rather Ronald McDonald pick the team than Kevin.

He's been good over the years with the youth but a disaster when he's near the 1st team.

But that's the thing, he's hardly ever. I'm fine with K-Mac staying on with the youth team. 

He isn't up to standard.

He said the starting XI was our best XI. The players on the bench were better players. Including Gil who totally changed the game and Ayew who scored.

I wouldn't trust his judgement with the kids. Especially with the petty, childish politics he's got himself into.

Â