Demitri_C

The French lads must have organised a revolt or something for them to not be in the team.

Shambolic from K Mac. 

I thought this too, there's a something peculiar about the French thing going on, thought this before the starting eleven today. Is there a Anglo-Francais divide in the dressing room? There's no way he thought that XI was his best, absolutely not a chance

yes there is, a massive one. 

The French lads must have organised a revolt or something for them to not be in the team.

Shambolic from K Mac. 

I thought this too, there's a something peculiar about the French thing going on, thought this before the starting eleven today. Is there a Anglo-Francais divide in the dressing room? There's no way he thought that XI was his best, absolutely not a chance

englishfrenchman2.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks again Kevin for stepping up when needed in difficult circumstances. 

He'll never be a top class manager, but he's a bit of an unsung hero in terms of the work he's done over the years. 

Why? Genuine question. Why is he?

He has held positions with the youth team but the players produced haven't been up to a great deal.

He has done the job or jobs he was paid for and twice he has stepped into the big chair to help out.

Im not sure any of that makes him an unsung hero.

• Like 4

Mark, whereas I agree with a lot of your posts, if these are his tactics when given the reigns, what is he teaching the kids?

What he has done, in two games, managing the first team hardly reflects on his ability as a coach. There are hundreds of coaches with in professional leagues who are not cut out to be managers and should never get the chance. That doesn't make them bad coaches though far from it. That Kev Mac can't cut it and step in to manage the first team when the whole of the first team coaching staff are sacked certainly doesn't warrant him losing his job with the academy. It would quite frankly be a disgraceful way to treat him after he stepped up very short term and did his best, all be it like many full time managers recently, his best was not good enough.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

Just how many of our young academy players have come through and forced their way into the first team and showed their class? We have young defenders who can not defend and are prone to sunday league errors. Midfielders shipped out to improve their game and what if any forwards have come through. His work is a bit of a myth in my book and there are better coaches out there.

• Like 1

Disgraceful!  Get out of my club you ******* **** dinosaur!

Sorry but that line up just smacked of sheer arrogance, either that or complete incompetence and i'm not sure which is worse.

Kmac picked the players he felt he could get a response from. Sherwood was popular with the majority of the players but there was a rift with most of the new players, mainly the French contingent. Serious problems within the first team, splits with the players and coaching staff. Garde has walked into a right shit storm of biblical proportions

Literally based just on today, I hope this guy retires with immediate effect. Somebody who genuinely believes that is our best line-up and goes with that sort of game-plan should be nowhere near our youth players. And that's before taking into account the revelation that Gueye wasn't even injured!

Edited by Isa
  • Like 2

Let him look after the under 18s, nowhere near first team again please

So he can produce some more gems like Baker or Clark.

No thanks.

To be fair - a few players have come through our youth teams and have earned a living in top league. Not sure how much is down to him, but players like Davis and Albrighton are doing very well now, Cahill obviously, I'm sure there are other in the last 5-6 years that I can't think of.

Our problem is that our young players are thrown in and are immediately under pressure, there is no easing in period like someone like Vassell had, or even Agbonlahor when he first came on the scene - we expect our youngsters to hit the ground running. The pressure on Grealish is ridiculous, especially when he hasn't really done much to justify all the expectation.

Agree with everyone tonight though - stupid team.

The decision to ask him to step in again on a temporary basis was the wrong one. I think he still has issues after having done so before and his team selection tonight along with some of his comments since stepping into the role again suggested he was trying to make some sort of point to someone. If not his reliance on Gabby and on some of the other players he selected tonight suggests his knowledge of the current first team squad was very much lacking.       

Disgraceful!  Get out of my club you ******* **** dinosaur!

Sorry but that line up just smacked of sheer arrogance, either that or complete incompetence and i'm not sure which is worse.

Kmac picked the players he felt he could get a response from. Sherwood was popular with the majority of the players but there was a rift with most of the new players, mainly the French contingent. Serious problems within the first team, splits with the players and coaching staff. Garde has walked into a right shit storm of biblical proportions

I don't see a rift between the players on the odd occasion when we actually score a goal - the players all celebrate together. Even today I remember Hutton celebrating with Ayew.

I suspect that we are a team in trouble, and as a result fingers are being pointed (by fans, players, media) - who is to blame -

a. the new foreign signings who havn't settled and were chosen by the board rather than the manager

b. the honest hard working pros who have been at the club a few years, but given that we have been consistently poor, it probably shows they aren't very good

c. both

Edited by GeordieVillan

If it's true that he didn't field our strongest team in order to try and make a point to the chairman then that is completely unforgivable. Why do the people in the most important positions at our club not have the club's best interest at heart? Think back to the Culverhouse fiasco under Lambert where we had the coaching staff sacked for bullying youth players and you can just tell our club is rotting from the inside out.

Shambolic from K Mac. 

yes there is, a massive one. 

It would add even more reasoning to why Garde was brought in, given the role he allegedly had at Arsenal as a player.

Â