New manager

KJT123

Villa's record with anybody French is just shit, before the influx from ligue1 this season we have had Didier Six, David Ginola, Robert Pires, Matthieu Berson, Aly Sissoko and Gerard Houllier. You'd think we would have learnt by now........

In superb VT style you've written off our new manager before he's had his picture taken.

Just stating a FACT that for some reason Villa and French players/managers have a record of turning out to be a bit of a disaster

Hold on their mr Brent, Ginola was alright till JG called him fat wasn't he? Obviously wanst a world beater still but he was alright. Houllier had health problems to go with the Anfield problem but judging him by how we've been afterwards, wasn't that bad either. Sissoko had a few good games....

What makes you think Garde won't work based SOLELY on his frenchines?

Villa's record with anybody French is just shit, before the influx from ligue1 this season we have had Didier Six, David Ginola, Robert Pires, Matthieu Berson, Aly Sissoko and Gerard Houllier. You'd think we would have learnt by now........

Hopefully this is a joke, because the idea that the people at the top of the club should make decisions based on something like this is absolutely ridiculous.

Apparently we were close to signing Paul Pogba this summer but then Randy heard about our history with French people and cancelled the deal.

Just right - would've just been another Berson.

Hopefully this is a joke, because the idea that the people at the top of the club should make decisions based on something like this is absolutely ridiculous.

Apparently we were close to signing Paul Pogba this summer but then Randy heard about our history with French people and cancelled the deal.

Ahaha. yeah heard similar with Ribery and Benzema, Once Randy found out they were French it was all over.

I've no recollection of him playing for Arsenal whatsoever.

Me neither, was thinking that last night, must have been one of Wengers first signings though right? If he was there from 96-99, I can't place him in the shirt though I even went down highbury a few times late 90s. Although the 90s are somewhat hazy memories.

The odds are,if there is a good manager out there.....they are working.

most are sacked because they have been no good in the eyes of their previous employers.....the only alternative is a political situation, like with Nigel Pearson.

He would be my choice....reminds me of Saunders, dour but has presence and exudes authority and discipline, which we need, knows the league, knows how to dig teams out.

Moyes for me has had too many defeats, it takes it out of you.

Edited by TRO

Yeah Liverpool got a right duffer in Klopp ay.

Played three, win percentage of 0%. #justsayin'

There is an exception to this rule. Charles N'Zogbia. You cant deny he's been superb

• Like 1

most are sacked because they have been no good in the eyes of their previous employers.....the only alternative is a political situation, like with Nigel Pearson.

He would be my choice....reminds me of Saunders, dour but has presence and exudes authority and discipline, which we need, knows the league, knows how to dig teams out.

Moyes for me has had too many defeats, it takes it out of you.

Garde stood down - he wasn't sacked IIRC.

If it is going to be Garde, then I hope we get him in immediately i.e. today or tomorrow. If he can have a positive impact and inspire the players tomorrow night (Sherwood v Leicester style dare I say it), it will be a massive boost before Monday. We need a win to stop the rot, even if its in the cup.

It would be classic Villa to dick-around now for 2-3 weeks before appointing the man they want, and in that time we slip further behind. We need to give new manager a chance to work with the players for a few days at least before a massive game at Spurs...