Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

I can imagine Lerner's thinking is 'the squad wasn't good enough for the premiership but will be fine for the Championship... until I finally get rid.'

It's not even about maintaining anything anymore, he couldn't sell the club in the Premiership, he won't be able to sell it in the Championship either. He won't spend money to get us promoted as he won't gamble anymore. Garde might have luck re-investing funds of players he moves on, but I imagine we will take some big hits on the transfers in the summer and literally not replace who we sell because Lerner will offset losses by halting any further investment. We can only dream of the Lambert young hungry cheap and crap levels of transfer investment.

If he doesn't sell we will have seasons of slow inevitable descent.

Maybe we should be thankful that he is investing in a better club infrastructure, but I can't help feel that is just so he doesn't have to have anything to do with the club's running rather than any real ambition.

We could literally be what Coventry became in less than five years.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

It really says something when a player (Vidic) would rather retire than play for us. What a F@#king Shambles.

Vidic retired when he left Man Utd to be honest

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Supervillan78 said:

It really says something when a player (Vidic) would rather retire than play for us. What a F@#king Shambles.

Based on what evidence please?

Not sure if they've beaten us to him or not (nay never have bid) but wahbi Kharzi is close to joining Sunderland 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35439228

Sunderland are closing in on the signing of Tunisia midfielder Wahbi Khazri after Bordeaux claimed they have agreed a fee for the 24-year-old.

"The playmaker has a great opportunity with the English club and he was therefore allowed to go to England to negotiate with them," read a statement.

Reports in France claim Khazri has agreed a four-and-a-half-year deal with the Premier League side.

Khazri has also been linked with Everton and Aston Villa.

Sunderland are 19th in the table, four points adrift of safety.

They have already signed Ivory Coast central defender Lamine Kone and German defender Jan Kirchhoff from Bayern Munich.

Senegal striker Dame N'Doye has also joined on a season-long loan.

Aston Villa ruthlessly trolled as former Manchester United star Nemanja Vidic retires

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/29/aston-villa-ruthlessly-trolled-as-former-manchester-united-star-nemanja-vidic-retires-5651664/#ixzz3yf0eZPnF

Cmon! That's horrific "journalism"

There's absolutely nothing other than Twitter rumours to suggest we ever offered vidic anything

Personally I'd be more disappointed if we did offer him a contract, if we thought vidic was the answer then we really are ****

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

There's absolutely nothing other than Twitter rumours to suggest we ever offered vidic anything

Personally I'd be more disappointed if we did offer him a contract, if we thought vidic was the answer then we really are ****

How i wish we could have persuaded someone on the brink of retiring, to play in the heart of our defence for just another few months before he conks out

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

2 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

I can imagine Lerner's thinking is 'the squad wasn't good enough for the premiership but will be fine for the Championship... until I finally get rid.'

It's not even about maintaining anything anymore, he couldn't sell the club in the Premiership, he won't be able to sell it in the Championship either. He won't spend money to get us promoted as he won't gamble anymore. Garde might have luck re-investing funds of players he moves on, but I imagine we will take some big hits on the transfers in the summer and literally not replace who we sell because Lerner will offset losses by halting any further investment. We can only dream of the Lambert young hungry cheap and crap levels of transfer investment.

If he doesn't sell we will have seasons of slow inevitable descent.

Maybe we should be thankful that he is investing in a better club infrastructure, but I can't help feel that is just so he doesn't have to have anything to do with the club's running rather than any real ambition.

We could literally be what Coventry became in less than five years.

Not slating your post but that last bit is just silly.. We will never be anything like Coventry.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

The metro news website is pretty far from journalism, it's mainly people just reposting whatever is trending online. I think most of their contributors are unpaid bloggers.

Not a dig at the webpage as I look at it most days but I wouldn't ever put much stock in their news reports.