Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

Now is not the time to be announcing another board member, though, for **** sake. Remi is the manager, he's a good manager and should be given better tools to help him succeed. Loan a decent forward if we can't buy one. If it is something along the lines of top level staff, it will be really annoying. Wait a week to announce it, stop getting everyone's hopes up.

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I don't get how the general consensus seems to be that we are already down and should be preparing for the Championship, but there is an uproar towards the board that we aren't buying players to keep us up 1zyitl5.jpg

I think thats down to the fact that we kind of have a head start on many clubs with regard to planning for next season, and we aren't using it. 

I'm in the camp that thinks its to late to avoid the drop, and I also think we could be doing a lot more to make sure we give ourselves a chance of coming back up.

Take the boy Afobe, had we have signed someone like that (I like to think we could have beat Bournemouth to his services) he maybe, just maybe, might have scored the goals to keep us up, at worst we have a proven Championship goal scorer. Why wait till the summer to do our business? We have a head start let's use it. 

can somebody suggest to me how we have a head start on other teams which people keep suggesting?

if player X is deemed good enough to join us and have actual ability to get us out of this mess. Why wouldnt he either wait for a better team in the prem to sign for or a newly promoted team next season? both latter options seems far greater in terms of £ earned for them.

i personally think we dont have a headstart against upper/top/challenging championship sides 

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 2

I don't get how the general consensus seems to be that we are already down and should be preparing for the Championship, but there is an uproar towards the board that we aren't buying players to keep us up 1zyitl5.jpg

I think thats down to the fact that we kind of have a head start on many clubs with regard to planning for next season, and we aren't using it. 

I'm in the camp that thinks its to late to avoid the drop, and I also think we could be doing a lot more to make sure we give ourselves a chance of coming back up.

Take the boy Afobe, had we have signed someone like that (I like to think we could have beat Bournemouth to his services) he maybe, just maybe, might have scored the goals to keep us up, at worst we have a proven Championship goal scorer. Why wait till the summer to do our business? We have a head start let's use it. 

We don't have a head start though. There's less players willing to join us now than there will be in the summer.

At the moment a player will join anyone in the PL over us and more so any player vaguely in that Championship promotion mix won't want to join either just in case they go up, so we're looking at mid table Championship or lower, providing no one in the promotion mix or PL is interested, hardly a big pool of quality players. Next season we will arguably be the biggest name down there, and the chance of promotion should mean we can cherry pick anyone the PL overlooks.

If our plan is to "prepare for the Championship" then our best bet is to sign no one this window, and rebuild (where necessary) in the summer

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

From Nixon, Eric black is being brought in as assistant manager

That should do it then.:rolleyes: John Percy has this as well. There was me thinking we might be signing a striker or a keeper. Some chance of that!!

Eric Black will be Garde's assistant. Looks like while Sunderland, Newcastle, Norwich and Bournemouth actually still think they have a chance and act on it, we resign ourselves to relegation without even the merest hint of fight. 

What a pathetic outfit Lerner has turned us into. 

• Like 3