Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

Costa is a clearly superior striker who was having a sulk, and now the reason for his sulk has gone. From that perspective, Remy is unlikely to have many opportunities at Chelsea this season. However, it remains the case that Chelsea's other striking back-up is the clearly past-it Falcao, who's not fit to lead the line under any circumstances, so I can't see Remy being made available unless they purchase another striker in January. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Who knows, hasn't pulled up any trees at any of the big clubs, might fancy being a big fish in a small pond etc, new lease on life.

I'm not sure what his current clinical state is, however if fit and available then I am definitely in the let's do it camp. This guy has been amazing in the past and I struggle to understand why it hasn't worked out at either man Utd or Chelsea? It reminds me so much of the Torres scenario when he moved to Chelsea from Liverpool and nothing went right for him. On paper it suggests this would be a huge gamble, however on a short term deal, the promise of game time and no doubt a huge bonus should we do the unthinkable and survive then yes why not!

Those 5 players shouldn't cost a fortune as remy would be a loan, Madanda, Byram and Austin are all coming off contract at the end of the year and toulanan is obviously older. 

If remy is a no go then Naismith could be a good alternative 

There is one thing that is pretty certain, we've known what sort of thing is required for ages now, we've been poor for months. We've got to start picking up points as soon as possible...so we can be certain that we won't have planned anything, we won't be ready on January 1st to bring the players in and we'll still be buggering about on deadline day, 4 games further down the road to relegation, still struggling. 

Tom Fox seems to focused on "business" by saving a few bob on players that actually making sure the club has what it needs to survive. I'd love to be proved wrong, but I don't think I will be!

There is one thing that is pretty certain, we've known what sort of thing is required for ages now, we've been poor for months. We've got to start picking up points as soon as possible...so we can be certain that we won't have planned anything, we won't be ready on January 1st to bring the players in and we'll still be buggering about on deadline day, 4 games further down the road to relegation, still struggling. 

Tom Fox seems to focused on "business" by saving a few bob on players that actually making sure the club has what it needs to survive. I'd love to be proved wrong, but I don't think I will be!

Which players did we "save a few bob" on in the summer? I've no idea where that is coming from.

I'd be amazed if either Falcao, Remy or Austin came in, absolutely no chance IMO. 

I think we setting our sights a bit high if we are expecting that calibre of player.