The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

What amazed me was they sent Gove to Scotland to campaign. it's like they don't want to win a Scottish seat at all.

Perhaps they think he can draw on his Scottish heritage and in-depth understanding of the issues facing Scottish businesses, as he did here.

Michael Gove’s father has contradicted claims made by his son that the family’s fish processing firm in Aberdeen was destroyed by the European Union’s fisheries policies.

Ernest Gove told the Guardian that he sold the business voluntarily because the fishing industry in Aberdeen was being hit by a range of different factors. These included competition for space in the port from North Sea oil vessels, the Icelandic cod wars, dockworkers’ strikes and new 200-mile limits to control over-fishing.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Funny. They seemed to give a toss back in the summer.

Accounts posing as Dominic Raab and Liam Fox among Twitter takedowns

MoD, DExEU and DHSC lodged complaints requesting removal of fake accounts pretending to be associated with government

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/jul/14/accounts-posing-as-dominic-raab-and-liam-fox-among-twitter-takedowns

5 hours ago, peterms said:

Everything's relative, man

Yes, it really is. I sympathise with the current state of things and how many people are genuinely suffering. On the point on stats, poverty is defined as something like Income less than x percent of the average. So statistically poverty, as it is defined will always be there.its one of those things where trading stats doesn’t tell the story.

6 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

I wouldn't even say I am passionate about the Labour party I am though passionately anti Tory so can see why you would get that impression. I believe you have had the same issues in people thinking you are a Tory whereas just very much anti Labour.

Sorry , My bad , I thought you’d been to a couple of meetings where Corbyn had spoken hence my assumption you were a supporter ? But apologies wasn’t aiming to misrepresent you 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mic09 said:

I don't know if you will join me in thinking so @tonyh29 , but I feel there is a widespread opinion that if are against a Labour government that automatically makes you a bad person.,

, I’m just always surprised and a little saddened really that people make posts essentially questioning someones intelligence , integrity , moral compass etc because they  vote differently from someone else . Nobody votes Tory thinking I hope they kill a few more poor people anymore than someone votes labour thinking I hope we join  another illegal war .

• Like 1

I hadn't realised this was rumbling on in the background. So after the Foreign Secretary granted retroactive immunity to a woman who killed a teenager and allowed her to flee the country, he is pursuing legal costs against the *parents*. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Dominic Raab, fresh from not realising imports come from overseas. Turns out he also didn’t realise lawyers charge fees.

Vote tory - the party that invoice the relatives of the dead. Because at the end of the day, everything is money.

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I get the hatred for Tories. I little surprised by the hatred for anybody that votes for them. 

Because people see the evil shit they do and think 'I should vote for them'.

It's the complicity. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Because people see the evil shit they do and think 'I should vote for them'.

It's the complicity. 

I don’t think they do.  I think a lot of people  see Labours manifesto and think it will destroy the country.  They think the only way to stop it is by voting Tory even if they are a bunch of scumbags.

57 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think they do.  I think a lot of people  see Labours manifesto and think it will destroy the country.  They think the only way to stop it is by voting Tory even if they are a bunch of scumbags.

The Tories have spent 9 years ruining the country. Just look at the state the NHS is in, the way knife crime has gone through the roof, rise in food bank use, the lack of affordable housing, the amount of people in insecure work and in work poverty, students leaving higher education is tens of thousands of pounds of debt,  how wages are way below the level they were 10 years ago in real terms, the decimation of adult social care etc etc.. To top it all off they have also made the country the most divided it has been in my lifetime ( I'm 45 )

You have a choice in this election. You can take your chances under Labour who may from a place of good intentions damage the country or continue on the same destructive path under the Tories. I'll take my chances under the former.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

The Tories have spent 9 years ruining the country. Just look at the state the NHS is in, the way knife crime has gone through the roof, rise in food bank use, the lack of affordable housing, the amount of people in insecure work and in work poverty, students leaving higher education is tens of thousands of pounds of debt,  how wages are way below the level they were 10 years ago in real terms, the decimation of adult social care etc etc.. To top it all of they have also made the country the most divided it has been in my lifetime ( I'm 45 )

You have a choice in this election. You can take your chances under Labour who may from a place of good intentions damage the country or continue on the same destructive path under the Tories. I'll take my chances under the former.

I respect and totally understand your views.  Part of me hope Labour get s majority so we can see if this pipe dream of a manifesto can become a reality and the country prospers.

Plus I’ll win my bet :)

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â