The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Andrew Mitchell walked past me on the train platform today. He looked like he'd never seen the public before, stalking cautiously along, eying a bunch of people waiting for a delayed train that didn't look like his natural voters.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Andrew Mitchell walked past me on the train platform today. He looked like he'd never seen the public before, stalking cautiously along, eyeing a bunch of people

Imagine his horror when he saw you walking along doing exactly the same. 😀

Edited by villaglint

4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Andrew Mitchell walked past me on the train platform today. He looked like he'd never seen the public before, stalking cautiously along, eying a bunch of people waiting for a delayed train that didn't look like his natural voters.

Surprised he even bothers campaigning. Isn't Sutton one of the safest Tory seats in the country?

1 minute ago, Mozzavfc said:

Surprised he even bothers campaigning. Isn't Sutton one of the safest Tory seats in the country?

I don't think he was campaigning, he just seemed to be getting a train. I'm surprised he was there on his own catching a commuter train at peak time though.

Sutton will definitely be as blue as blue gets.

7 hours ago, Mozzavfc said:

You could put a blue rosette on Pol Pot and he'd win in Sutton. I think its always been blue, from the beginning of time. 

Only had 2 different MPs in the last 45 years there... Norman Fowler and then Mitchell. 

Just now, Xela said:

You could put a blue rosette on Pol Pot and he'd win in Sutton. I think its always been blue, from the beginning of time. 

Only had 2 different MPs in the last 45 years there... Norman Fowler and then Mitchell. 

Fowler and Mitchell. Sounds like a day at Albert square!

• Haha 1

Johnson explains that a series of offensive terms were not meant to give offence.

They were taken out of context and were made to seem offensive (ie someone else made them seem so).

Well, he's certainly convinced me, he sounds sincere.

On 22/11/2019 at 03:33, Risso said:

What law is it that you imagine has been broken?

I imagine it's not illegal. It does appear to be passing off / misrepresentation/ essentially fraudulent though. Whether legal or not, its inherently dishonest.

On 22/11/2019 at 03:29, markavfc40 said:

The Tories have spent 9 years ruining the country. Just look at the state the NHS is in, the way knife crime has gone through the roof, rise in food bank use, the lack of affordable housing, the amount of people in insecure work and in work poverty, students leaving higher education is tens of thousands of pounds of debt,  how wages are way below the level they were 10 years ago in real terms, the decimation of adult social care etc etc.. To top it all off they have also made the country the most divided it has been in my lifetime ( I'm 45 )

You have a choice in this election. You can take your chances under Labour who may from a place of good intentions damage the country or continue on the same destructive path under the Tories. I'll take my chances under the former.

So, Russian roulette then. Nice choice.

Hostile environment, continued.

Windrush victim forced to sleep in London bin shed

A man caught in the Windrush scandal has resorted to sleeping in a freezing bin shed because the Home Office has not regularised his status and is trying to deport him.

Roy Harrison, 44, arrived in the UK as a six-year-old. He had been abandoned as a newborn in Jamaica by his mother and left on his grandmother’s doorstep.

She brought him up until he was six but became too old to continue looking after him so asked her daughter, Harrison’s aunt, who was living in the UK, to take him to Britain.

Harrison’s aunt agreed and he lived with her and her family for a few years. He was granted indefinite leave to remain in the UK. At the age of 10 he was taken into care and remained there until he was 18.

He then began working, and has two sons, now aged 23 and 25. The older one has an eight-month-old baby.

Harrison is a vulnerable individual with several serious health conditions, including problems with both feet that cause difficulty with walking. He needs corrective surgery but because the Home Office is not allowing him to work, and has denied him access to public funds, he is unable to get NHS treatment.

Harrison arrived in the UK in 1984 and therefore qualifies for leave to remain under the Home Office’s Windrush scheme. However, owing to a conviction for theft – a crime he says he is innocent of – the Home Office wants to deport him.

He has resorted to sleeping in a cold bin shed covered in pigeon droppings on a south London council estate, which he has to slide in and out of through a small hatch.

Harrison’s problems began during the inner-city riots in 2011, after the fatal shooting of Mark Duggan. He and his children were living in Croydon, south London, at the time. He was taking one of his sons, then 13, home when they became separated from each other because of the unrest in the area.

He went into a shop to look for his son and was then reunited with him. He is shown on CCTV going into the shop and leaving empty handed. Yet he was charged with theft and advised to plead guilty, even though he insisted he had not stolen anything and had never committed any crime.

He served eight months in prison and was then placed in immigration detention...

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, blandy said:

So, Russian roulette then. Nice choice.

It is a million miles from ideal but on the one side you have a party that you know will continue to destroy the country whilst on the other you have a party that may, for me from a place of mainly good intentions, end up harming it. We know exactly what we are getting with the former but the latter at least offers a completely different approach and some hope.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Chindie said:

I don't think he was campaigning, he just seemed to be getting a train. I'm surprised he was there on his own catching a commuter train at peak time though.

Sutton will definitely be as blue as blue gets.

Believe it or not he has opened a brash campaign office on the High Street opposite the Three Tuns.

It's like an act of vandalism in a conservation area that he himself has been campaigning to put funds into to improve its appearance.

Edited by Lichfield Dean
Spling

3 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Believe it or not he has opened a brash campaign office on the High Street opposite the Three Tuns.

It's like an act of vandalism in a conservation area that be himself has been campaigning to put funds into to improve its appearance.

Hmm, strange.

Either way he looked about as comfortable as Gary Glitter in PC World to be walking past a bunch of miserable people getting a train to work.

25 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

It is a million miles from ideal but on the one side you have a party that you know will continue to destroy the country whilst on the other you have a party that may, for me from a place of mainly good intentions, end up harming it. We know exactly what we are getting with the former but the latter at least offers a completely different approach and some hope.

Yeah, I know.

We've got a bunch of demonic bell ends who will sell us for meat v another bunch of untrustworthy bell ends who say they want to end world hunger. Either way we're ****, but I suppose the ones who want to end world hunger are a bit nicer sounding.

• Like 1

Â