The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's worrying when you think of who she represents that she reflects the worldview of what seems to be a decent sized group of rich and powerful men and companies - if she's the visible arm of the Institute of Economic Affairs, you wonder where else their tendrils have reached without all the noise that comes with her idiocy.

Yes and no. Look at where it's got them. Their pet party looking at annihilation. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Slightly Villa-related Tory news: I don't think Andy Street is going to have much of an influence around Villa Park for very long...

Andy Street is your classic, slimey, local politician.

I bet he’s a right word removed when the cameras aren’t around.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

The only chance he had of successfully disassociating himself with the Tories was when he threatened to resign after they cancelled HS2: and he bottled it.

So his entire campaign revolving around separating himself from the party just looks pathetic now. Everyone knows that when push comes to shove that he'll fold.

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 4

When do I need to register to vote by?

To vote in person in England and Wales, you must be registered by 23:59 BST on Tuesday 16 April.

This can be done online with your National Insurance number, or by contacting your council's electoral registration office.

If you are already registered, the deadline to request a postal vote is 17:00 on Wednesday 17 April.

If you are already registered, the deadline to apply for a proxy vote is 17:00 on Wednesday 24 April.

The rules about voting by proxy have changed. If you applied for a proxy vote before 31 October 2023, it has expired, and you must apply for a new one.

Will I need ID to vote?

Voters will need to show photo ID in order to vote in person. You do not need your polling card.

There are 22 acceptable forms of ID, including passports and driving licences.

Anyone registered to vote without the correct ID - or who no longer looks like their photo - can apply for a free document known as a Voter Authority Certificate before Wednesday 24 April.

Four English councils declared themselves effectively bankrupt in 2023 - including the country's largest authority, Birmingham.

A fifth of English councils say they are in danger of going bankrupt, according to the Local Government Association.

The crisis follows long-term cuts to local government funding dating back to 2010.

BBC

1 hour ago, wishywashy said:

The only chance he had of successfully disassociating himself with the Tories

He'd probably have to stop banging Fabricant to successfully do that

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Genie said:

I'd be glad to see the back of the little weasel.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Genie said:

I've heard he's alright as it happens (mate's brother who is pretty left wing knows him), but his political affiliations are very odd to say the least

I'm concerned the next time I open a tin of beans Andy Street will organise a press conference to congratulate himself for solving hunger.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I'm concerned the next time I open a tin of beans Andy Street will organise a press conference to congratulate himself for solving hunger.

It's OK, Richard Parker of Labour is apparently well ahead in the polls. 

I expect when he's mayor you won't see him popping up anywhere or making any claims about stuff he's achieved. 

Should be a nice change. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Did you see that interview she did with the BBC? It was among the craziest things I've ever seen in my long life. Incoherent rantings blaming everyone on earth except herself for devastating the country almost single-handedly in about 2 weeks. Then endorsing Trump, saying that the world was safer when he was in charge. Conveniently forgetting that he nearly started WW3 with China in the second month of his presidency, and then fomented the chaos we see now in the middle east by going all in with Israel for a one-state solution.

She was by some distance the worst leader of any party since I was born. 

Edited by HKP90
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Did you see that interview she did with the BBC? It was among the craziest things I've ever seen in my long life. Incoherent rantings blaming everyone on earth except herself for devastating the country almost single-handedly in about 2 weeks. Then endorsing Trump, saying that the world was safer when he was in charge. Conveniently forgetting that he nearly started WW3 with China in the second month of his presidency, and then fomented the chaos we see now in the middle east by going all in with Israel for a one-state solution.

She was by some distance the worst leader of any party since I was born. 

Back at home there were iots in Washington IIRC, then also of course the insurrection at the Capitol building.

Edited by Genie

52 minutes ago, bickster said:

About time someone on a TV station stopped letting them get away with this inflation line

Yeah......but Laura Trott....mmmmmm

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yeah......but Laura Trott....mmmmmm

I didn't realise there was another Laura Trott. I thought this was the Olympic cyclist for a second. Which disappointed me cos I really liked (like) her.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

I didn't realise there was another Laura Trott. I thought this was the Olympic cyclist for a second. Which disappointed me cos I really liked (like) her.

Yeah for a while I had the same thing when the MP was referred to I would think they meant the cyclist.

FWIW, the cyclist is now Laura Kenny.

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

Yeah for a while I had the same thing when the MP was referred to I would think they meant the cyclist.

FWIW, the cyclist is now Laura Kenny.

Yeah, I knew that she'd got married, but for some reason it didn’t twig. On a side note their kids will grow up under a bit of pressure to succeed. Just the 12 Olympic golds, and 4 Olympic silvers in that household.

Â