The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

26 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I didn't realise there was another Laura Trott. I thought this was the Olympic cyclist for a second. Which disappointed me cos I really liked (like) her.

Whoah.  Hold your horses there slick.  There is only one Laura Trott!!!

DrearySpiritedGemsbok-size_restricted.gi

• Haha 1

I imagine that if it were a former Labour leader instead of a former Tory leader who had been using made-up quotes from massive anti-semites all about how the Rothschilds control what Governments are able to do, it might have got a bit more of an excitable reaction from the media. 

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bickster said:

This is more attractive (and speaks more sense)

rear-view-staircase-double-decker-red-lo

Is it weird that the design of this bus reminds me of:

image.jpeg.8109a994966ab6489f51502d2e68bb52.jpeg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Is it weird that the design of this bus reminds me of:

image.jpeg.8109a994966ab6489f51502d2e68bb52.jpeg

Captain Orion 😄
I loved that show as a kid.

• Like 1

Tory MP allegedly demanded campaign cash to pay ‘bad people’

A Tory MP is under investigation over allegations that he misused campaign funds and abused his position after making a late-night phone call saying he’d been locked up by “bad people” who were demanding thousands of pounds, The Times can reveal.

Mark Menzies, the Conservative MP for Fylde and a government trade envoy, rang an elderly local party volunteer at 3.15am in December saying he was locked in a flat and needed £5,000 as a matter of “life and death”. The sum, which rose to £6,500, was paid by his office manager from her personal bank account and subsequently reimbursed from campaign funds raised from donors.

£14,000 given by donors for use on Tory campaign activities had previously been transferred to Menzies’s personal bank account and used for his private medical expenses.

The Conservative Party has been aware of the allegations of potential fraud for more than three months and has taken no action

I mean, it's just solid 10/10 Tory sleaze stuff. Great work from the lad.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

Tory MP allegedly demanded campaign cash to pay ‘bad people’

I mean, it's just solid 10/10 Tory sleaze stuff. Great work from the lad.

My MP. Previously caught up, a few years ago, in some kind of Brazilian rent boy and drugs story, who said he was gonna clear his name in court, but somehow never quite got round to it.  I mean, what they do in their lives is their business and if they like cocaine and prostitution, hypothetically, that’s y’know, not really any concern of mine. But it is a bit of a sign of some vulnerability and insecurity. It sounds like he’s not got his life in order.

He nearly found a spine about fracking, but…didn’t. He nearly found a spine about…a few things, but didn’t. Soon enough, or perhaps not soon enough, someone else will be the MP for here. See ya, Mark, another who put party before the people who he represents or his own prospects.

Now **** off.

• Like 2

Exciting day for the Tories

A council leader is facing allegations that he kicked, punched, spat at and throttled women. 

Jonathan Nunn, of West Northamptonshire Council, is also accused of threatening or controlling behaviour. 

The BBC has heard exclusive accounts from five women. Four had relationships with Mr Nunn between 1990 and 2013.

The 59-year-old told the BBC he "strenuously denies" the allegations and said "domestic abuse is never acceptable". 

A long-serving Tory councillor, Mr Nunn was elected to lead the county's newly formed unitary authority in 2021.

link

23 hours ago, bickster said:

About time someone on a TV station stopped letting them get away with this inflation line

It's mad the number of people that still equate inflation going down with prices going down

(although in this case it was probably deliberate)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

It's mad the number of people that still equate inflation going down with prices going down

(although in this case it was probably deliberate)

In this case, that Tory person - she was actually (with some creative license) correct on food prices. While general (overall) inflation is, as you say, above zero, and therefore prices are rising, overall, for a significant number of food items prices are and have come down. Now that's where the creative license applies - because the basket of food items used to measure inflation has slightly crept up,  overall, as some have risen and some have fallen in price, leaving food inflation overall at (I think) 0.2%. I imagine the weather and stuff will see prices leap again, and none of it (the fall in the cost of certain items) is anything to do with the government's actions, anyway.

Ed Balls didn't actually pick up on the thing she "mis-spoke" about. But that's pedantry on my part - she said "food prices" he just picked up on "prices". A proper pedant would have said something like (in his response) "some food prices might have fallen, but others have risen and the cost of non food items has also continued to rise, not fall", but then both the viewers would have fallen asleep or switched off, so perhaps he dod well to pick up on any of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blandy said:

In this case, that Tory person - she was actually (with some creative license) correct on food prices. While general (overall) inflation is, as you say, above zero, and therefore prices are rising, overall, for a significant number of food items prices are and have come down. Now that's where the creative license applies - because the basket of food items used to measure inflation has slightly crept up,  overall, as some have risen and some have fallen in price, leaving food inflation overall at (I think) 0.2%. I imagine the weather and stuff will see prices leap again, and none of it (the fall in the cost of certain items) is anything to do with the government's actions, anyway.

Ed Balls didn't actually pick up on the thing she "mis-spoke" about. But that's pedantry on my part - she said "food prices" he just picked up on "prices". A proper pedant would have said something like (in his response) "some food prices might have fallen, but others have risen and the cost of non food items has also continued to rise, not fall", but then both the viewers would have fallen asleep or switched off, so perhaps he dod well to pick up on any of it.

The irony of the one time a Tory actually correcting themselves being the rare occasion that they were actually right is staggering

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 17/04/2024 at 14:54, Designer1 said:

Captain Orion 😄
I loved that show as a kid.

A friend of a friend tells me you can get a 4DVD box set of every episode for about 20 quid on EBay 😉

Â