The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

You just know that with 5 minutes research someone will be able to trace the origins of the Chelsea bun to Armenian immigrants fleeing 14th century persecution somewhere run by a tory.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

You just know that with 5 minutes research someone will be able to trace the origins of the Chelsea bun to Armenian immigrants fleeing 14th century persecution somewhere run by a tory.

Raisins, sultanas and currants - defo not from 'ere 

• Like 2

_133025779_nhs_satisfaction_reasons-nc-002.pngcopy.jpg.59baad9d3a21297c05e54c8c87a4d8cc.jpg

Public satisfaction with the NHS has dropped again, setting a new low recorded by the long-running British Social Attitudes survey.

Just 24% said they were satisfied with the NHS in 2023, with waiting times and staff shortages the biggest concerns.

That is five percentage points down on last year and a drop from the 2010 high of 70% satisfaction.

The poll - the gold-standard measure of the public's view of the health service - has been running since 1983.

BBC

Look at that last column. Not a clue still. Still wondering how they haven't levelled up?

1 hour ago, Xann said:

_133025779_nhs_satisfaction_reasons-nc-002.pngcopy.jpg.59baad9d3a21297c05e54c8c87a4d8cc.jpg

BBC

Look at that last column. Not a clue still. Still wondering how they haven't levelled up?

Disappearance of the Brexit bus promising NHS funding hasn't been blamed.

• Like 1

Absolutely staggering that even with how bad it's got, little over half the people surveyed think there aren't enough staff and less than half think they're not spending enough. 

And I'd LOVE to know who the remaining 30% are who think getting a GP or Hospital appointment is easy. I can only assume that's almost entirely made up of people who have never actually tried to get an appointment. The super healthy and people who use private doctors and hospitals. 

So I'm going with nearly 100% of people who have actually experience the NHS are dissatisfied. 

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

And I'd LOVE to know who the remaining 30% are who think getting a GP or Hospital appointment is easy. I can only assume that's almost entirely made up of people who have never actually tried to get an appointment. The super healthy and people who use private doctors and hospitals. 

That's not what it says. Of the people who were dissatisfied, 70% said that the difficulty in getting an appointment was in their top three reasons for being dissatisfied. 

Someone might think that all five are true.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

That's not what it says. Of the people who were dissatisfied, 70% said that the difficulty in getting an appointment was in their top three reasons for being dissatisfied. 

Someone might think that all five are true.

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Or maybe for some of this 

I initially assumed that was satire, but he's serious, isn't he? 😮

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Or maybe for some of this 

I know, we could round up all the main people who have brought the party and the country to its knees over the last few years and get them all in control at the same time :lol:

It would be like making a squad of footballers voted the worst ever and then saying “if we put them all on the pitch at the same time it would be amazingly successful”

• Like 1

So, massive political donor to the tories, Mohamed Mansour, Knighted by Rishi Rich. 

I think at this point they've simply given up and are just doing what they can whilst they're still at the helm.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jon said:

So, massive political donor to the tories, Mohamed Mansour, Knighted by Rishi Rich. 

I think at this point they've simply given up and are just doing what they can whilst they're still at the helm.

At least he’s getting a few quid in return for an honour. BoJo recommended his dad get one. Thats another level of taking the piss.

34 minutes ago, Jon said:

This guy.

Labour has urged the Conservatives to hand back a £5m donation from the party’s senior treasurer, Mohamed Mansour, as it questioned why it had taken so long for one of his companies to wind down its business in Russia.

In a letter to the Tories, Labour’s chair, Anneliese Dodds, called on the party to justify donations of almost £7.5m that she said had come from people and firms who had had links to business in Russia.

Labour renewed its attack on the Conservatives over donations after the Tories criticised its acceptance of £1.5m from Dale Vince, the founder of the energy company Ecotricity who also funds the campaign group Just Stop Oil.

Labour drew particular attention to Mansour’s co-ownership of Mantrac, which earlier this week still appeared to have a Russian-language website advertising its services as an authorised dealer of Caterpillar hardware and equipment, with 14 offices in the country.

Mantrac said in May that it was winding down its business in Russia, more than a year after Moscow’s invasion of Ukraine drew international condemnation and calls from Rishi Sunak and Boris Johnson for businesses to withdraw.

11 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Four years (to the day) is a long time in politics 

It just shows that you can't go full R (outside of America anyway) 

Reassuring to know that Labour 41 Tory 24 gives a result that strong. As that's towards to low end for Labour and the high end for Tories compared to a lot of polls.

• Like 1

Â