The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

18 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Reassuring to know that Labour 41 Tory 24 gives a result that strong. As that's towards to low end for Labour and the high end for Tories compared to a lot of 

Historically it tends to close in a little when the election actually happens so I suspect they're taking that into account. Quite a few of those saying they'll vote Reform will get in the booth and vote tory

7 minutes ago, picicata said:

Historically it tends to close in a little when the election actually happens so I suspect they're taking that into account.

It's definitely a possibility. However I think I'd be wary of making too many predictions based on historical precedent. As an example, previous times where there is evidence of polls narrowing in the run up to an election, I think I'm right in saying that it was already clearly happening by this stage in the election cycle. 

So maybe it'll happen this time, just quicker and later. Or maybe it won't. 

• Like 1

It just keeps coming, doesn’t it?

Remember Rishi’s opening salvo? Integrity, professionalism and accountability at every level. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, choffer said:

Remember Rishi’s opening salvo? Integrity, professionalism and accountability at every level. 

It’s ridiculous how much police and lawyer resource is occupied investigating these ****.

12 hours ago, Genie said:

It’s ridiculous how much police and lawyer resource is occupied investigating these ****.

First question I'd ask if I was the police.

So you say you were worried that the individual may have had compromising material on you and thought the best response was to send more compromising material?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, choffer said:

I'm not sure that tweets gives the correct impression of what went on in this instance. Essentially Wragg is a victim of a crime in this instance (there are other victims too). 

I'm really not sure this is an event that should be levelled against the Tories or this government

That tweet is biased nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm not sure that tweets gives the correct impression of what went on in this instance.

Appreciate that, Bicks. Further reading on the subject required.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm not sure that tweets gives the correct impression of what went on in this instance. Essentially Wragg is a victim of a crime in this instance (there are other victims too). 

I'm really not sure this is an event that should be levelled against the Tories or this government. 

Yes, he's the victim of a crime. So what did he do? Go to the police? No. He dropped several of his colleagues in the shit. **** ing weasel. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Yes, he's the victim of a crime. So what did he do? Go to the police? No. He dropped several of his colleagues in the shit. **** ing weasel. 

But that is exactly how the honeytrap works, it relies on a victim not going to the police because they have something on them that will embarrass them

Yes he should have acted differently but so should everyone that is a victim of a similar crime but they don't. You can't judge Wragg differently to other victims because he's a Tory MP

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

You can't judge Wragg differently to other victims because he's a Tory MP

Maybe I shouldn't, but I can, and I do. 

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

What embarrassing / incriminating stuff did they have on him to ‘force’ him to pass on details for others, would be my first question.

Pictures of him holding his todger is my guess.

How the **** do these people get into these situations in the first place? 

There was a big story last year about training MPs had been given about foreign agents trying to infiltrate them online.  Guy must be thick as pigshit as well as a pervert and a coward. 

No doubt his local party will still think he's good enough to represent them though if he manages to get through it without resigning. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Genie said:

Pictures of him holding his todger is my guess.

Well that’s only embarrassing if it’s a microdick….I’m thinking it might be something worse……

26 minutes ago, bickster said:

But that is exactly how the honeytrap works, it relies on a victim not going to the police because they have something on them that will embarrass them

Yes he should have acted differently but so should everyone that is a victim of a similar crime but they don't. You can't judge Wragg differently to other victims because he's a Tory MP

Broadly agree, but Wragg also has a fair bit of recent history about kicking off about propriety and ethics. It's only a few weeks since he was the one proposing a motion to kick Hoyle out because he felt Hoyle's standards weren't up to scratch. He was also extremely vocal on the Johnson stuff about the parties. 

So in much the same way that Rayner's council house stuff is more politically difficult because she's spent the last three years writing letters calling for everyone under the sun to resign due to some breach of conduct or protocol, she's now going to be judged by the standards that she is expecting of others.

So I would judge him differently, but only as a result of the standards that he has shown he supposedly expects from others. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

What embarrassing / incriminating stuff did they have on him to ‘force’ him to pass on details for others, would be my first question.

Him spread eagled on the bed with EU underpants on.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Him spread eagled on the bed with EU underpants on.

Whoa. I've now a new found respect for him. 

What's really worrying is how seemingly easy it is to trap these people. How much other shit is going on in the background that hasn't come to light? 

They must have contacts in the secret services to report this stuff to? It must be drilled into them to be alert for this stuff? 

And it's just shocking how many of them are perverts. Does it go hand in hand for a desire for power? 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

And it's just shocking how many of them are perverts. Does it go hand in hand for a desire for power? 

An openly gay, unmarried 36 year old using an app like Grindr makes him a pervert?

Alright Mary Whitehouse. 

• Like 3

Â