The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

The Tories referring the Police to look into cases of potential tax evasion (in their opposition). Do they really want to go down that road? 

25 minutes ago, Genie said:

The Tories referring the Police to look into cases of potential tax evasion (in their opposition). Do they really want to go down that road? 

They might as well, in a few months there won't be any Tory MPs to investigate so not much risk.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Straggler said:

They might as well, in a few months there won't be any Tory MPs to investigate so not much risk.

Just the donors 

David Cameron believes Rishi Sunak is the “Unai Emery” of politics.

Speaking to LBC on Monday 15 April, the foreign secretary likened the prime minister to the Aston Villa manager following a 2-0 upset win against Arsenal.

Host Nick Ferrari initially compared Mr Sunak to Erik ten Hag, before Lord Cameron offered a different comparison.

“I prefer to point to the example of Unai Emery for Villa yesterday, who looked like they were on a losing run against Arsenal and then in the last few minutes, slotted in two [goals],” he said.

“Anything is possible in football, as in politics.”

Independent

More like the Steven Gerrard of politics, I'd say. Out of his depth, full of shit, and heading for the sack. 

• Like 2

On 12/04/2024 at 11:34, Genie said:

The Tories referring the Police to look into cases of potential tax evasion

Don't wanna be no millionaire, don't wanna own no mint
I don't wanna be no tax exile and I don't mind being skint

New Tory plan to stop the boats is to also send people to Armenia, Costa Rica and Botswana.

I'm pretty sure Costa Rica is just on the list so some ministers can have a holiday over there and say it's a fact finding mission, otherwise I don't see being sent to a tropical paradise as much as a disincentive for immigrants 

7 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

New Tory plan to stop the boats is to also send people to Armenia, Costa Rica and Botswana.

I'm pretty sure Costa Rica is just on the list so some ministers can have a holiday over there and say it's a fact finding mission, otherwise I don't see being sent to a tropical paradise as much as a disincentive for immigrants 

They’ve probably already been and this is just a cover for the £5m of expense claims that have gone in.

They’ve probably already given the Costa Rican government £100m upfront to tell us how much it will cost

Edited by Genie

33 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

I'll swim the channel myself for a free trip to Costa Rica

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The BBC doing their best to subtly show her up for what she is too

Liz Truss has endorsed Donald Trump to win this year's US presidential election, saying the "world was safer" when he was in the White House.

The UK's shortest-serving prime minster said the world was "on the cusp of very, very strong conflict" and needed "a strong America more than ever".

Her comments came as the first of Mr Trump's four criminal trials began in New York.

It's worrying when you think of who she represents that she reflects the worldview of what seems to be a decent sized group of rich and powerful men and companies - if she's the visible arm of the Institute of Economic Affairs, you wonder where else their tendrils have reached without all the noise that comes with her idiocy.

• Like 3

Â