The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Equal to FIFA, with a bit more secrecy. There is no doubt it is highly corrupt, but so is our government.

Can't actually wait till it comes out (if ever) how many millions Kwasi Kwarteng made out of his little stint as chancellor in shares he has in 'certain' companies.

Truss is laughing all the way to the bank with £105k a year pocket money until she dies. Every cloud. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

More than some concern. A lot of concern.

Which is why it's A Good Thing that they've been suspended from their duties and arrested.  

Unlike here where they get promotions, attempted changes in the rules and whataboutery from the losers that vote for them.

“Step down to clear their name” is a recent new one.

9 hours ago, ml1dch said:

More than some concern. A lot of concern.

Which is why it's A Good Thing that they've been suspended from their duties and arrested.  

Unlike here where they get promotions, attempted changes in the rules and whataboutery from the losers that vote for them.

Textbook

16 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

The European Union always protests that it is bound by rules that it cannot operate outside. It has never been particularly true, as the EU has always been willing to ignore its own rules when it suits, but the recent corruption scandalshows that this claim is institutionally false.

This is not because of the alleged corruption itself. It is because it has revealed the extraordinary immunity given to members of the European Parliament. MEPs are immune from detention and legal proceedings except when caught red-handed. This is entirely different from how British MPs are treated. It goes to the heart of each system and the relationship between the governed and the governing 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/12/17/meps-legal-privileges-show-why-better/

He’s not wrong about the European Parliament, though it might carry a little more weight if it wasn’t written by the man who, while placing himself as a constitutional historian and expert, lied to the Queen to unlawfully get her to prorogue our Parliament, and was a willing participant in a Tory government that has repeatedly trodden roughshod over the Country’s laws and parliamentary protocols and not even “in a limited and specific way”.

He’s a faker, a fraud, but a put on posh accent and impeccable manners seem to give him a free pass. I’m not sure Nanny would be proud.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, blandy said:

He’s a faker, a fraud, but a put on posh accent and impeccable manners seem to give him a free pass. I’m not sure Nanny would be proud.

October 14, 2022

The Business Secretary Jacob Rees-Mogg and the recently appointed Trade Minister, Dominic Johnson, are to offload their holdings in a firm that has strong financial links to a Kremlin propaganda machine, i can reveal.

Mr Rees-Mogg and Mr Johnson are co-founders and shareholders in Somerset Capital Management LLP, which holds around 2.5 million shares in Russian internet giant Yandex.

Known as Russia’s Google, Yandex pumps out pro-Kremlin search results on issues ranging from the war in Ukraine to news items criticising the West...

... Alexei Navalny, the jailed Russian opposition leader, described the company as “the main propagandist” for Russia’s war against Ukraine.

Opposition MPs in the UK have called on the Government to add Yandex to the list of sanctioned firms immediately and open an investigation into why this had not already happened...

... Neither Yandex nor any of its bosses have been sanctioned by the British Government and the search engine remains fully operational in the UK. However, its chief executive Arkady Volozh quit the company in June after being sanctioned by the European Union.

iNews

• Like 1

It was always gonna be a bad idea letting multi millionaires with conflicts of interest all over the shop run the country. 

They will always make the rich richer and the poor, poorer.

Sunak is the poster boy for it all too, literally hasn't a clue about real life!

• Like 1

Had to go to A&E on Monday night (Boxing night) as my daughter was having severe pains in her stomach. Got there at just after 9pm, got to see a doctor at just before 6am and left not long after so a nine hour plus wait more than twice the target time of 4 hours.

It was busy with a steady stream of people. Surprisingly enough it was not full of drunks although the police did come in with one drunk person. Staff all working hard and doing their best just not enough of them given the amount of people attending.

• Sad 3

15 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Had to go to A&E on Monday night (Boxing night) as my daughter was having severe pains in her stomach. Got there at just after 9pm, got to see a doctor at just before 6am and left not long after so a nine hour plus wait more than twice the target time of 4 hours.

It was busy with a steady stream of people. Surprisingly enough it was not full of drunks although the police did come in with one drunk person. Staff all working hard and doing their best just not enough of them given the amount of people attending.

Horrible situation. NHS staff are massively overworked but I don't work for an industry that is able to strike. Hope your daughter is OK 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Hope your daughter is feeling better, @markavfc40

Cheers mate. She has gastritis. Started to feel rough last Friday/Saturday. Christmas day didn't hardly touch her dinner, Boxing day felt rough and had stomach pains but adamant she wanted to come to football then 60 mins in was in severe pain in her stomach so had no choice other than take her to A&E as walk in centre was closed. We have since taken her to GP today as still not right and is now being sick.

We were actually meant to be going to Spain yesterday at 6am but instead were in A&E.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

I went on the 27th briefly to try and get a prescription (I know) and while I was there they were sending people away and telling everyone it was a 12 hour wait to see a doctor and to basically go somewhere else if you can

2 hours ago, tinker said:

A@E ......Been like it for at least 2 years.  I'm Sorry but  people don't care until it's them waiting there with someone they love in pain. 

Come the summer these fucXers have to go. Hopefully the public will start to protest, give me a chance and I will be there , time for em to do one.  

That sounds like a song

• Like 1

On 27/12/2022 at 14:57, Genie said:

It’s become a real problem that they are a million miles away from being re-elected. We all lose, and they focus on making life as hard as possible for the next lot rather than improving things now.

I’m not convinced Sunak and Hunt are actively trying to sabotage the next Labour government. There are definitely politicians who think like that (Chris Grayling never missed an opportunity to base policy on party politics… of the current lot, Braverman seems the type), but most senior politicians do care about their legacy.

Plus most of the actual work of govt is done by civil servants who’ll still be there after the next election, so it’s maybe not quite as bleak as it looks.

The main reason things are so bad right now is all the dumb shit of the last decade + Covid + Russia/Ukraine have come together to make life very expensive and the solutions hard to implement without a change of govt.

We don’t have sensible policies on trade and immigration, we’ve underinvested in infrastructure and core services, and costs are spiralling as tax revenues go down.

Having wonkish managerial accountant types as PM and Chancellor at the back end of this Tory govt might be the best thing for Labour, as instinctively I think Sunak and Hunt are much less likely than Johnson, Truss and co to just go completely mad and leave an even bigger mess for Starmer to clean up.

The strike situation is a complete mess, but I think the reluctance to negotiate is ideological rather than a calculated attempt to make life harder for Labour. At some point they’ll just have to cave anyway, as it’s coming from all angles and most of the public are sympathetic with most of the strikers.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

How is your daughter?

answered further down. Hope things improve. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Thanks 1

Â