The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Caught in the spotlight, she's pushed out into the open.

The rest of the thieving, profit from death scum must be bricking it.

Hilariously, this is Dido Harding's husband.

John David Penrose (born 22 June 1964) is a British politician serving as Member of Parliament (MP) for Weston-super-Mare since 2005. A member of the Conservative Party, he was the United Kingdom Anti-Corruption Champion at the Home Office from 2017 until 2022.[1] He resigned on 6 June 2022 as the United Kingdom Anti-Corruption Champion due to the Boris Johnson Partygate scandal.[2] Penrose is married to Baroness Harding, Chair of NHS Improvement and the former head of NHS Test and Trace.[3]

Wiki

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nicho said:

You can see why Communism was so appealing 100 years ago. 

It's not the political system that's the problem is the politicians, greedy,  selfish and in it for all the wrong reasons. 

1 hour ago, tinker said:

It's not the political system that's the problem is the politicians, greedy,  selfish and in it for all the wrong reasons. 

Potato Potatoe, workers striking due to pay and standards wanting a redistribution of wealth.

Not sure if we’ve had any reform to parliament structure in the last 100 years? 

FYI I don’t want communism but you can see why workers rise up and want to change the status quo 

17 hours ago, Nicho said:

Potato Potatoe, workers striking due to pay and standards wanting a redistribution of wealth.

Not sure if we’ve had any reform to parliament structure in the last 100 years? 

FYI I don’t want communism but you can see why workers rise up and want to change the status quo 

Wealth inequality is what has caused so much social and political unrest since 2008. It has to be tackled and the only way is to tax wealth. A serious tax reform is needed. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

NHS needs reform, too many managers of blah blah, working from home 4 hours a day on 6 figure salaries pretending they care. Not sure anyone would know where to start though?

Every organisation needs reform, the lack of nurses and doctors is costing millions of pounds , private companies are subbing them in at rates of £1000's per shift. 

The NHS is under attack and if it goes the cost of private health care will be devastating to the UK standards of living, The Tories are pulling it apart just like they did with the EU and Brexit.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, tinker said:

Every organisation needs reform, the lack of nurses and doctors is costing millions of pounds , private companies are subbing them in at rates of £1000's per shift. 

The NHS is under attack and if it goes the cost of private health care will be devastating to the UK standards of living, The Tories are pulling it apart just like they did with the EU and Brexit.

I agree the Government are not blameless, but alot of the senior management within the NHS are not doing there job. You can have a trust failing in many areas and the directors on 3 figure salaries are not ever culpable for there failings.

We have heard the stories in Child social care, people rubbish at there jobs who never become accountable.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I agree the Government are not blameless, but alot of the senior management within the NHS are not doing there job. You can have a trust failing in many areas and the directors on 3 figure salaries are not ever culpable for there failings.

We have heard the stories in Child social care, people rubbish at there jobs who never become accountable.

It's the governments responsibility to make sure the NHS is running correctly and they have had 12 years to do it and all they have done is make a mess. £10bn on PPE that's useless and benefitted no one but a few lucky companies that appear to be backed by their own MP's ( not to mention the £37bn spent on track and trace)

Yet they manage to point to the finger at 'the managers', its laughable and depressing in equal measures that people seem to be following their cloak and mirror propaganda crap while their robbing us all through the back door. 

Add to that their experimental micro budget that nearly deystroyed any decent pensions people have ( it's still not over) and also managed to raise the cost of government borrowing by an  unmeasurable amount for the next few years.

Just see Rees Mogg on TV with clippings from the sun to justify his arguments against the nurses having a pay rise, he actually took them out of his pocket, unbelievable.

Compare  Zelenskyy to this shower of shite we have in control, embarrassing. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

This isn't incompetence on behalf of this government, it's a deliberate action supporting an ideology that demands that anything that can be monetised for private profit is monetised for private profit.

They're not making mistakes - they want to break the NHS to the point where Richard Branson and AIG and the like can ride in and 'save' us. 

This. They've been setting it up to fail since 2010 and it is well and truly failing now. Nothing new under the Tories although they have this time taken it to the brink of total collapse. It certainly won't survive should the Tories win the next election.

I also think that there's no chance Sunak comes to the negotiating table with anyone - this government have no interest in negotiating and they also know that the country can't wait to vote them out - so they've no interest in doing the right thing to be popular either because they know they've already lost the next election  - they want to do as much damage as they can in the time they've got left.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

What has child social care got to do with the NHS? This is a local council responsibility

Sure the NHS does Health Visitors for babies, school nurse teams for those of school age but that is more Sex Ed / promoting healthy lifestyles kind of stuff and then there's vaccination teams. Social care on the other hand is a local authority responsibility

Guys I'm in total agreement the Government are destroying, or have destroyed the NHS. But get the nurses you need pump another 50 billion in and you need top people to run the shop. 

It'll still be f*****ed.

My Mrs is a nurse, she sees it first hand everyday, yes more nurses are definately needed, but the managers don't deal with the few they already have. It's hard, people do not have the care there did 30 40 years ago, it's a whole different culture.

I'm seeing the let's go private argument rearing it's ugly head as well, "couldn't be any worse" type bollox. Today on the "Mrs Spacebook account" ......."I have had enough of this strike,  I'm going to see about going private "

Lets look at the American system ...

Medical Bankruptcy and the Economy

Do Medical Bills Really Devastate America's Families?

By   

Updated on January 20, 2022

Medical bills are reported to be the number-one cause of U.S. bankruptcies. One study has claimed that 62.1% of bankruptcies were caused by medical issues.1 Another claims that over two million people are adversely affected by their medical expenses.

https://www.thebalancemoney.com/medical-bankruptcy-statistics-4154729

Edited by tinker

Â