The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

12 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Cheers mate. She has gastritis. Started to feel rough last Friday/Saturday. Christmas day didn't hardly touch her dinner, Boxing day felt rough and had stomach pains but adamant she wanted to come to football then 60 mins in was in severe pain in her stomach so had no choice other than take her to A&E as walk in centre was closed. We have since taken her to GP today as still not right and is now being sick.

We were actually meant to be going to Spain yesterday at 6am but instead were in A&E.

Hello mate, I hope she’s ok now ❤️

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Brexit-Covid-Putin. 

Brexit has certainly steepened the country's bumpy decline, and I'd included it initially.

Then I removed it as I think it was a gullibility and ignorance issue for the majority of voters, whatever their political leaning?

It screwed over the Tories too. Look at the state of the cabinet when the remainers were ejected. Freak show.

Happy you've added it again though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, blandy said:

Putin-Brexit-Covid, chronologically I reckon, but your sequence is the one it was revealed in, if that makes sense?

Tory party sugar daddy  - Tory idea - Made worse by Tory mismanagement/ corruption, 

Does that make any sense?  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Thank you mate. Actually ended up back in A&E with her today as she was really ill last night and took her to GP first thing this morning and they sent us to the hospital. They have done some tests and had her on a drip to get some fluids into her as couldn't keep even water down and she is feeling much better now so hopefully be able to go home soon.

Have to say the staff have been fantastic despite being massively over stretched. 

The NHS is incredible ❤️

Keep me updated. Thinking of you x 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Saw yesterday that the NHS had advised people not to go to A&E or ring 999 unless your condition is life threatening. Seems mad. 

It’ll go on the pile with all the other Tory made crises. 

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Saw yesterday that the NHS had advised people not to go to A&E or ring 999 unless your condition is life threatening. Seems mad. 

Isn’t that what A&E is supposed to be for? Critical life threatening stuff? I know that’s the direction you are given in Australia as well. 

It seems like there are not enough medical centres in the UK and too many people are using A&E when they should be leaving it for people who need immediate life saving medical care. 

8 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Isn’t that what A&E is supposed to be for? Critical life threatening stuff? I know that’s the direction you are given in Australia as well. 

Not just critical life threatening stuff - but broken bones, various injuries like deep cuts, burns (not mild ones) and serious illnesses/conditions.

It's true a lot of people use A&E for non-"serious" things, but then again those things still need treating (mostly) and as loads of posters have been discussing, getting a GP appointment is nigh on impossible, so there's essentially nowhere else to go.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, blandy said:

Not just critical life threatening stuff - but broken bones, various injuries like deep cuts, burns (not mild ones) and serious illnesses/conditions.

It's true a lot of people use A&E for non-"serious" things, but then again those things still need treating (mostly) and as loads of posters have been discussing, getting a GP appointment is nigh on impossible, so there's essentially nowhere else to go.

That’s the point I made in the part of my post you didn’t quote 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

That’s the point I made in the part of my post you didn’t quote 🤷‍♂️

Yeah -  (partly). We're allowed to agree aren't we, on the lack of non-emergency care being available? but it's not (IMO) down to a lack of medical centres, as such, more that those centres aren't accepting patients, in part at least because they are under-staffed and under-funded for the number of people needing medical help. They are there, though. Where I didn't agree at all is on A&E (only, I thought you were saying) being for life threatening stuff - a minor comment, not a dispute.

33 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

It seems like there are not enough medical centres in the UK and too many people are using A&E when they should be leaving it for people who need immediate life saving medical care. 

No—it's called Accidents and Emergencies for a reason. The last 5 times I've been in A and E—my girlfriend fell down the stairs and had a massive, insanely big lump on her head, she dropped a knife on her foot and cut her foot open, she cut her hand open cutting a potato, I cut my forehead open, someone headbutted me in football and split my cheek open—literally they're all only accidents and, aside from the falling down the stairs (it was intense), not life threatening. But there was nowhere else to go. None of these 'stick a plaster on it' situations. They were huge gashes full of bleeding.

One of our local 'small' hospitals has a 'minor injuries clinic', but insists it has 'NO A&E'. Which requires some fine judgement on the part of the prospective patient. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

One of our local 'small' hospitals has a 'minor injuries clinic', but insists it has 'NO A&E'. Which requires some fine judgement on the part of the prospective patient. 

The local minor injuries unit here is a godsend tbh. Many issues can be sorted by a nurse / x-ray.

I had a burn on my hand that started to get infected. Popped to minor injuries, nurse took a look, grabbed me some antibiotics and I was all sorted. I also didn’t have pay the prescription charge either, so saved me about £10 and a world of pain of trying to see my GP.

Â