The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Said it before, a lot of people in this country see the Tories as the party that the rich people vote for and Labour as the party that poor people vote for. 

They aspire to vote Tory. It’s a way of pretending they’re rich, or that they’re going to be rich. They don’t want to admit to themselves that they’re average or low earners so they can’t possibly vote Labour. 

The Tories are basically Audi. Rich people buy them and poor people buy the entry level models to pretend they’re rich

The thing is though there is MORE poor people now than rich so in theory conservatives wont win any more elections on that logic 

45 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

What they are doing now is criminal and just compounds logic given their policies between 2010 and 2017. Money was cheap to borrow then yet they trumpeted austerity and decimated public services. Now money is getting increasingly more expensive to borrow they are borrowing shit loads to give the richest a big tax cut and subsidise energy companies.

The long term pain from what they have done today is going to fall on the shoulders of all of us including our children. 

Its like the financial version of Putin's military debacle, desperate and dangerous. What a shit show Brexit has given us, a huge majority vote built on lies that's enabled Truss the moron and her side kicks to deystroy our countries future. 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The thing is though there is MORE poor people now than rich so in theory conservatives wont win any more elections on that logic 

They were elected by a minority of voters last time around and got a landslide. They don't need a majority thanks to our God awful electoral system. If people are stupid enough to elect the **** again next time though, we may as well give up

32 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Said it before, a lot of people in this country see the Tories as the party that the rich people vote for and Labour as the party that poor people vote for. 

They aspire to vote Tory. It’s a way of pretending they’re rich, or that they’re going to be rich. They don’t want to admit to themselves that they’re average or low earners so they can’t possibly vote Labour. 

The Tories are basically Audi. Rich people buy them and poor people buy the entry level models to pretend they’re rich

There's one on here who said his salary was £17k.

Enjoy your free McFlurry with your tax savings :lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

Thats the main thing isn't it. 🙄

Sadly yeah :( If they dont grow then its less tax revenue anyway.  The UK still does not have the trade deal with the USA because of Brexit for example. We need to compete somehow. Being a low tax country that borrows more than it should is not ideal but its worked the for USA (and possibly Ireland but others may know better than me there).

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

46 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I like the Chancellors budget and I believe it will help soften the blow of Brexit to UK business and the finance sector. 

As I said previously, I’m hardly a raging leftie. What do you see in there that is going to improve the prospects of our country?

Because everything I can see in there is either misguided and outright destructive, or a good idea in principle but handled in an unbelievably cack-handed way.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

You misunderstand me. A lot of the poor people still vote Tory because they think that’s what rich people do. The working class sees Tories as being hard on immigration and benefit fraud and all that nonsense without realising they’re shooting themselves in the foot. 

They don’t admit they’re poor and they aspire to vote Tory because that’s what non poor people do

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

And then Labour get in, are really unpopular because they have to reverse all these terrible policies, which opens the door for the Tories to get back in.

Hang on. If these policies are a shitfest that means The Tories lose the election, how can it then be unpopular to reverse them? 

“I hate what you've done so I'm voting you out"

"I hate that you've reversed the things I hated so I'm voting you out and bringing back the people who did the thing I hated" 

It makes no sense to think that. 

9 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

As I said previously, I’m hardly a raging leftie. What do you see in there that is going to improve the prospects of our country?

Because everything I can see in there is either misguided and outright destructive, or a good idea in principle but handled in an unbelievably cack-handed way.

Well we will find out how it gets implemented. I see tax cuts and borrowing. Its not how I would grow the economy either but it is one proven way of growing economies. I would have immediately conceded all points to the EU over Brexit and come home from the USA with a trade deal. Obviously I wouldn't have inflicted Brexit on UK business in the first place but we have to grow somehow. The UK's economy is in no way setup to handle a deep recession which is where we are headed.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

Just now, sidcow said:

Hang on. If these policies are a shitfest that means The Tories lose the election, how can it then be unpopular to reverse them? 

“I hate what you've done so I'm voting you out"

"I hate that you've reversed the things I hated so I'm voting you out and bringing back the people who did the thing I hated" 

It makes no sense to think that. 

Because to reverse a policy is a lot harder than the initial cock-up.  

So for example Tories break the NHS now. To rebuild the NHS will take 10 years and massive investment and so huge tax rises. 

Having to do that with 10 different policies means everyone will have to pay much more tax to fix everything that’s been broken.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

They were elected by a minority of voters last time around and got a landslide. They don't need a majority thanks to our God awful electoral system. If people are stupid enough to elect the **** again next time though, we may as well give up

I would say even the optimistic tory voter is probably accepting they have no chance in next election 

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Because to reverse a policy is a lot harder than the initial cock-up.  

So for example Tories break the NHS now. To rebuild the NHS will take 10 years and massive investment and so huge tax rises. 

Having to do that with 10 different policies means everyone will have to pay much more tax to fix everything that’s been broken.

It's not like that though. You just go back to where we were. It's not going to cost anything, in fact it will raise money. 

It's illogical to throw out a party because they've done something you disagree with then throw out their replacements for reversing the same policy. It's either a shit policy or it isn't. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's not like that though. You just go back to where we were. It's not going to cost anything, in fact it will raise money. 

It's illogical to throw out a party because they've done something you disagree with then throw out their replacements for reversing the same policy. It's either a shit policy or it isn't. 

No, because when the next party comes in, the disaffected masses expect a quick fix, with no pain to themselves. It can't be done that easily. 

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I would say even the optimistic tory voter is probably accepting they have no chance in next election 

Probably right (I am not and never will be a Tory voter) but I can see why this has a shot at reversing their fortunes, it may work and grow the economy, they were headed for a loss anyway. Also from their perspective they are giving the poison chalice of tax hikes to a future Labour government. 

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

No, because when the next party comes in, the disaffected masses expect a quick fix, with no pain to themselves. It can't be done that easily. 

Then leave the tax of the disaffected masses alone and raise the tax elsewhere.  Tax the Oil and Gas companies as they say The Tories should. Tax the higher earners and more than before. 

But I still don't buy chucking people out because you disagree with what they've done then getting angry at the reversal. 

Â