The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

11 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Hang on, I don’t know how hard you’ve been hit by inflation in the UK, but our central bank is now making my life fairly f***ing miserable raising interest rates so I’ll spend less money, because inflation. Yet your government is handing out massive tax cuts? Has the BoE raised interest rates recently? If so, tax cuts to the rich coupled with raised interest rates must be the worst kind of ‘f*** you’ to working people? 

yep, exactly. 

BOE put interest rates up by 0.5% yesterday. Now tax cuts for the rich today.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Hang on, I don’t know how hard you’ve been hit by inflation in the UK, but our central bank is now making my life fairly f***ing miserable raising interest rates so I’ll spend less money, because inflation. Yet your government is handing out massive tax cuts? Has the BoE raised interest rates recently? If so, tax cuts to the rich coupled with raised interest rates must be the worst kind of ‘f*** you’ to working people? 

Tories gonna Tory.

Inflation iirc is around 10% for us, interest rates are rising fairly quickly (BoE announced a rise to 2.25% yesterday, highest since before 2008), so of course what you do is reduce taxes with a big song and dance, and swear that tax reductions will be invested by those that win from them disproportionately to make everyone richer.

Meanwhile the wheels fall off services, nobody has any money because everything is expensive, and lots of money goes to accountants to reap the maximum reward from this new bounty of money the rich get.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I think there could be unrest this time. Feels like a poll tax moment. 

Most are the country are very happy with the budget. 

Daily Mail saying how great it is, The Sun saying how it'll "save YOU HUNDREDS", Tory voters all excited about cutting benefits, self-employed all excited about scrapping IR35 so they can pretend not be employed, house-buyers loving stamp duty cut, my boss rang me very happy with corporation tax 'cut', and so on.

Edited by ender4

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Daily Mail saying how great it is, The Sun saying how it'll "save YOU HUNDREDS", Tory voters all excited about cutting benefits, self-employed all excited about scrapping IR35 so they can pretend not be employed, house-buyers loving stamp duty cut, my boss rang me very happy with corporation tax 'cut', and so on.

How odd, all the Tory backbenchers were very glum, they know they've lost the next election. 

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

True true, but Truss has only just started, it'll get worse

My theory is that angry constituents are going to be pissing in their Tory MP’s ears. They will gradually start to turn on the PM as they realise another shit leader is risking their seat on the gravy train.

Fast forward through several cock ups, failed promises  and stupid ideas, and we’ll then hear about letters going into the 1922. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

I think this might be the point where the Tories have realised they’ve no chance at the next election and they have truly **** the country so have decided to stuff as much cash in their pockets before getting thrown out.

And then Labour get in, are really unpopular because they have to reverse all these terrible policies, which opens the door for the Tories to get back in.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Lots of Twitter accounts proclaiming how delighted they are because "lefty tears".

Also plenty of sentiment supporting the idea that these policies are great for those who work hard and bad for "scroungers" and "benefits cheats".

You'd think every right-wing voter in this country earned at least £150k, the way most of them go on.

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I doubt it. People are too lazy.

Wait till these measures cause rampant  inflation, which forces the BoE to massively raise interest rates, which will mean people can't pay their mortgages and lose their houses. 

And then they see massive bonuses for bankers, and the Government literally not giving a flying s**t if they are sleeping in a box under spaghetti junction. 

Things could get very ugly, just like in the 80's. 

Edited by HKP90
Typo
  • Like 1

What they are doing now is criminal and just compounds logic given their policies between 2010 and 2017. Money was cheap to borrow then yet they trumpeted austerity and decimated public services. Now money is getting increasingly more expensive to borrow they are borrowing shit loads to give the richest a big tax cut and subsidise energy companies.

The long term pain from what they have done today is going to fall on the shoulders of all of us including our children. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

Â