The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

So if you earn £20k then the basic tax reduction saves you £74.30 per year or 0.3715% of your gross salary, but if you're on £200k then you save £2,877 or 1.4385%.

£2m and you save over £92,500 (that's just the addtional rate saving, the basic rate reduction is now irrelevant) or 4.625%.

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

So if you earn £20k then the basic tax reduction saves you £74.30 per year or 0.3715% of your gross salary, but if you're on £200k then you save £2,877 or 1.4385%.

£2m and you save over £92,500 (that's just the addtional rate saving, the basic rate reduction is now irrelevant) or 4.625%.

Is there a calculator somewhere where people can check the impact of today’s announcement?

Who’d have thought we’d have labour shortages?

It is what it is… so I assume the solution would be to attract the best workers and most willing people from Europe to fill the shortages?

Nope, they’ll attempt reduce the benefits of the people who already have less than enough in the hope they’ll turn up to a job.

How do these ideas make it past the very concept stage?

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

I've started learning welsh the past couple of weeks, just going to turbo-charge my drive towards advocating for plaid cymru and independence. **** conservatives, and **** england. Just loaded with **** scum. 

Nobody where I live is Welsh, English is fine here

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Yes but he was the wrong colour

He got down to final 2 for the job of PM and got about 2/3 of the votes that LT got. I don’t think skin colour is a major factor here.

He has a dose of reality that people didn’t want to hear. 

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

He got down to final 2 for the job of PM and got about 2/3 of the votes that LT got. I don’t think skin colour is a major factor here.

He has a dose of reality that people didn’t want to hear. 

I can tell you something shocking - the people who voted were 60, white, male, rich. They don't vote brown. Can you think of any other reason why TRUSS got in?

Â