The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

22 minutes ago, meregreen said:

The only thing she’ll trickle down, is debt. And it won’t be a trickle, it’ll be a tsunami.

It’ll probably all get labelled as Covid debt too. Probably why she wants to do it immediately without delay.

15 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Think they're talking about cutting stamp duty too - they're really going for it full throttle. 

It’s a really, really high risk approach to staving off a recession, with a very good chance that it’ll make inflation worse.

44 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s a really, really high risk approach to staving off a recession, with a very good chance that it’ll make inflation worse.

I know, it's mental. It'll once again start a buying frenzy, pushing up house prices, and increasing inequality between those with and without property. Has to be the last throes of this sort of ideology. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Positive aspect of the video -

They managed to keep the boarded up shop and the overflowing bin out of shot.

Negative aspect of the video -

They seemingly made the curious decision to not remove Rees-Mogg in the final edit.

Probably get more sense from the bin.

4 hours ago, Jareth said:

I know, it's mental. It'll once again start a buying frenzy, pushing up house prices, and increasing inequality between those with and without property. Has to be the last throes of this sort of ideology. 

I think the main worry of the Tories is negative equity, which was one of the reasons they lost the election in 1997.

Increases in the value of property is hugely important for driving consumer confidence.

• Like 1

Anyone know the extent to which the property market is now driven by company/corporate ownership rather than individuals buying houses?

The Tory focus isn't on pleasing people who earn £150,000 a year, it's on pleasing people who control several hundred billion in assets.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Anyone know the extent to which the property market is now driven by company/corporate ownership rather than individuals buying houses?

The Tory focus isn't on pleasing people who earn £150,000 a year, it's on pleasing people who control several hundred billion in assets.

It’s not a lot.  I see house sales and it’s mainly individuals buying a house to live in, with some individuals buying a second property to rent out. Less common is individuals buying properties through their limited company, but this is usually still small scale like their 5th to 10th property.  

It’s very rare to see a larger company buying up individual houses. 

I would guess if they were going to do that they would buy them before they are built and so own the whole complex and so not as visible. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ender4 said:

It’s not a lot.  I see house sales and it’s mainly individuals buying a house to live in, with some individuals buying a second property to rent out. Less common is individuals buying properties through their limited company, but this is usually still small scale like their 5th to 10th property.  

It’s very rare to see a larger company buying up individual houses. 

I would guess if they were going to do that they would buy them before they are built and so own the whole complex and so not as visible. 

Large corporations aren't going to go around on viewings to try and pick up odd houses at bargain prices. Just as you say they'll work out a favourable deal with a developer and buy a whole estate. 

On 21/09/2022 at 10:56, NurembergVillan said:

That and so they can blame it on the next Labour government when the country is bankrupt.

Absolutely this. Burning things down so within a month of the next Government, they can cry about debt.

Todays yougov email survey is a bit random. It’s all about Theresa May. If she ran for PM again would I support her. How did I rate her performance as PM back then. Has my opinion changed since she left the role etc.

Why?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Genie said:

Todays yougov email survey is a bit random. It’s all about Theresa May. If she ran for PM again would I support her. How did I rate her performance as PM back then. Has my opinion changed since she left the role etc.

Why?

Dunno. If the only choice was between her and Truss, I'd go with May. 

Â