The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

Got a feeling they know they aren't getting back in and are going to spend the next 18 months rushing to change as much in their and their rich mates' favour as possible.

Are there odds available for the next election ? Be interesting to see how they see it.  They are right more than polls I suspect.

16 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Are there odds available for the next election ? Be interesting to see how they see it.  They are right more than polls I suspect.

Both around evens, Labour just under, Tories just over. Though bookies know jack about politics (as my 5/1 win on Truss when it was down to 4 candidates demonstrates)

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Yep, that'll get us out of an economic hole...

Oh Tate and Lyle donate to the Conservative Party, now it makes sense

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Yep, that'll get us out of an economic hole...

Oh Tate and Lyle donate to the Conservative Party, now it makes sense

Tate and Lyle have a line into government via David Davis. If he's in any way in Truss' good books, he'll have been leaning on her to get a nice little bonus for his sweet friends.

I saw that the pound slid again against the dollar ($1.135) following poor retail performance in August.

The badly kept secret in Westminster that there will be mini-budget next Friday is a huge call for Truss.

Cutting and reversing tax increases is bold to say the least. 

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

I saw that the pound slid again against the dollar ($1.135) following poor retail performance in August.

The badly kept secret in Westminster that there will be mini-budget next Friday is a huge call for Truss.

How disrespectful bringing this up - don't you know the queen is dead? 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Genie said:

Not quite. There will be a "fiscal event". Anything with the word budget in it needs to be opened up for scrunity by the Office for Budget Responsibility.

This doesn't. Can't think why she doesn't want her crazy plans to be officially looked at. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Not quite. There will be a "fiscal event". Anything with the word budget in it needs to be opened up for scrunity by the Office for Budget Responsibility.

This doesn't. Can't think why she doesn't want her crazy plans to be officially looked at. 

Every single news outlet is referring to it as a mini-budget.

DB50-D441-FF12-469-D-8-BC3-618198-FCCF6-

D51-E2-FB2-8266-47-ED-8327-B2-C3-D8-A90-

21 minutes ago, Genie said:

I was just thinking about how little we’ve seen of Liz Truss this week. She’s (rightly) taking a back seat with what is going on.

Polar opposite of how I’d imagine Boris to be behaving if he was still PM.

It’s a new tactic to boost her ratings. 

• Like 1

On 15/09/2022 at 11:24, Genie said:

Filthy rich and powerful. How does he use it? To shit all over regular people.

He would like more children but not sure Nanny would approve. Apparently she spreads bitter on his toast like no other. 
PM material one day. 

On 16/09/2022 at 16:08, Genie said:

I'm due a share dividend in US Dollars this month - for once, it'll benefit me! 

During the Putin wait yesterday there was a jounalist that had been listening to Cheese Woman's plans.

Grim.

She wants to slap billions in debt onto your children, to pay the rich and the polluters now.

Full on trickle down. Nailed on fail for the majority.

Â