The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

14 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Has there ever been such a hilariously shit lineup for a leader vote ever

An amazing blend of tainted front benchers and deluded nobodies.

If you add in already tainted former front benchers then that IS the Tory Party

Just for fun (well not really) pull up a complete list of Tory MPs and you will be astounded by how many of them you have never heard of. OK there's a big bunch of the 2019 intake and they lost quite a bit of their well known members in the run up to that election but there's a whole load of them that you've never heard of and they've been there years. It's a party stuffed to the gills with nonentities, taking 80k a year and their "perks" for absolutely feck all

Gove has endorsed Badenoch. That's her out then

Hunt has decided on the tactic of a running mate for Deputy PM and he's chosen Esther McVile. Esther Mcf***ingVile

I think this should be decided Jeux Sans Frontieres stylee. First game requires everyone to climb a greasy pole that leads to a platform with a rubber doll of Maggie Thatcher on top, First one to shag Thatcher gets the points. Meanwhile evertone who got a losing ticket in the National Lottery on Saturday gets to throw rotten vegetables at them as they climb

Oh, if you want to see how the former Revolutionary Communist Party (AKA The Revolutionary Conservative Party) are currently reporting this...

Why they hate Suella Braverman

The media are once again horrified by a woman of colour who dares to hold the wrong opinions

Spiked

Yep the liberal elite (their words) hate her because she's a woman of colour. They say it's exactly the same for Patel too. I'm guessing they think the same about Badenoch but they hadn't got around to realising who she was either.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Has there ever been such a hilariously shit lineup for a leader vote ever

They told us Boris was the only realistic leader of the country. Can't say we weren't warned😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Straggler said:

Is there one of them that seems to have even a passing awareness of the crisis that is the NHS at the moment? Everything I have seen so far is utterly detached from reality. 

Nope

35 minutes ago, Straggler said:

Is there one of them that seems to have even a passing awareness of the crisis that is the NHS at the moment? Everything I have seen so far is utterly detached from reality. 

It’s true of the Tories in general. The NHS from GP surgeries, A&E, routine surgery and ambulances are all in a constant of crisis and yet it barely gets a mention from government.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Labour and the Tories are both as bad as each other in respect.  It's not even possible to create a competent government from the people available on both sides IMO. With neither Red or Blue glasses on,  it's not great.  

FWIW,  the Tories should pick a Woman from a strategic point of view.

Labour can still lose it from here.

So, Uber Files. Who'd have thought it'd be so easy to "unofficially" lobby multiple Tory MP's?

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2022/jul/11/osborne-hancock-tory-ministers-did-not-declare-secret-uber-meetings-leak-reveals

At least six Conservative ministers, including the then chancellor, George Osborne, and the future health secretary Matt Hancock, did not declare secret meetings at which they were lobbied by Uber, leaked files reveal.

Uber lobbyists met the UK ministers between 2014 and 2016 as the controversial cab-hailing app was in the throes of fraught negotiations to win access to the lucrative British market.

To be fair, there are many politicians around the world shown to be quite open in the leaked docs, but we don't have forums for all of them.

Hopefully the electorate will see the whole affair as further evidence of where the Tory party's loyalties lie.

• Like 2

Where do you draw the line between lobbying and bribery? In the US I can see there being a more significant difference given the crazy campaign seasons and how funds raised through lobbying can be spent on that, but in this country I'm less clear on the difference...

38 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Labour and the Tories are both as bad as each other in respect.  It's not even possible to create a competent government from the people available on both sides IMO. With neither Red or Blue glasses on,  it's not great.  

They may not be left wing enough for some but those on the Labour front benches piss all over the Tories when it comes to competency.

Nandy, Cooper, Streeting, Dodds, Rayner, Milliband, Powell, Allin Khan, Reed, Ashworth, Reynolds, Lammy, Phillipson I'd have over anyone currently in Government.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â