The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

I can't see Sunak, Javid, Braverman  or Zahawi going down well with the Tory gammon. I'd be pleasantly surprised if the next leader is one of those/non white.

Edited by markavfc40

11 hours ago, hippo said:

If you lined the current candidates up left to right - you'd have Hunt on the left - badenoch on the right. Penny somewhere in the middle imo.

Of course people shift around when actually in power so it's not a precise science.

This still doesn't answer my question. What has lead you to this conclusion on Mordaunt. I'm not trying to pick holes here, I genuinely cannot find her opinion on anything of any importance (except Brexit). To me yes they kind of line up from Hunt to Badenoch but Mordaunt I couldn't place, even her own website gives absolutely nothing away. Union Jack, Brexit, Soldiers and.... nothing, not a thing. It's almost masterful how she's got this far in politics and never had an opinion on anything. Even her supposedly being in favour of Trans RIghts is the result of her saying absolutely nothing on the subject. She could be anything from Attila the Hun to Florence Nghtingale and no-one would have an igloo

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Javid has continued his line of "I trusted what I was being told", on TV this morning.

"I'm not a liar, I'm just an idiot" is a bold move.

Worked for the majority of Boris' defences

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

Worked for the majority of Boris' defences

Yes, the next question from any journalist should be "why didn't you question what you were told?" and the persistent questioning about how a minister just blindly accepts what they are told without questioning further. At the end of. The day it should be a key skill in a competent leader.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bickster said:

This still doesn't answer my question. What has lead you to this conclusion on Mordaunt. I'm not trying to pick holes here, I genuinely cannot find her opinion on anything of any importance (except Brexit). To me yes they kind of line up from Hunt to Badenoch but Mordaunt I couldn't place, even her own website gives absolutely nothing away. Union Jack, Brexit, Soldiers and.... nothing, not a thing. It's almost masterful how she's got this far in politics and never had an opinion on anything. Even her supposedly being in favour of Trans RIghts is the result of her saying absolutely nothing on the subject. She could be anything from Attila the Hun to Florence Nghtingale and no-one would have an igloo

Well perhaps her lack of extreme views on anything is why she is labelled as a moderate.

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Well perhaps her lack of extreme views on anything is why she is labelled as a moderate.

Its not a lack of extreme views, its an absolute lack of ANY views

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Her leading view seems to be on trans women.

Thats the first time she's really said anything on the issue. She deliberately avoided answering any questions on it previously. That thread just says "I'm a Tory" and I'm anti-Trans, which moves her further away from moderate IMO

The fact that the second tweet is all about her being pictured in a swimsuit and her complaining about it when that photo comes from something she actually posed for to gain publicity says a lot too

But economic policy-wise we still know sod all

Thanks for posting that btw

• Like 1

It’s amazing that they are all now going to say what amazing things they can do if they are elected… why is the party doing these amazing things anyway? It’s literally what they are being paid to do already. 

Penny Mordaunt's video just scored a full house on flag shagger trigger Bingo. Absolutely swept the board she even go ones that weren't on the card and shoud have been, didn't miss a single one even the one prominent person of colour was very light skinned

On behalf of Liverpool can I demand that Lime Street Station is removed as well :D

She also talked about policy and mentioned absolutely NOTHING

She's unreal, she's like a Tory Sex Doll

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ender4 said:

I’d rather the most competent person wins, because even with GoNads or Gove or Triss as leader, there’s a very good chance that Tories still win the general election in 2 years time, so a decent chance this leader will be PM for at least 6 years.

Such a dark thought it's not worth thinking about. 7 years of Liz Truss. Corp tax will be 2% bey the end

6 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

I can't see Sunak, Javid, Braverman  or Zahawi going down well with the Tory gammon. I'd be pleasantly surprised if the next leader is one of those/non white.

Pleasantly surprised at Braverman ? Forget the skin colour have you seen what she is proposing ? 

Her and Badenoch are the ones to avoid imo 

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Penny Mordaunt's video just scored a full house on flag shagger trigger Bingo. Absolutely swept the board she even go ones that weren't on the card and shoud have been, didn't miss a single one even the one prominent person of colour was very light skinned

On behalf of Liverpool can I demand that Lime Street Station is removed as well :D

She also talked about policy and mentioned absolutely NOTHING

She's unreal, she's like a Tory Sex Doll

Tory sex doll ? 

That puts her ahead of the others then.

• Haha 1

Â