The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Yes, I really wih they would.

Just think about it, if they all paid their fair share, everyone might pay lesss!

I realise this, an really want it to happen, but it won't even under another government.

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Yes, I really wih they would.

Just think about it, if they all paid their fair share, everyone might pay lesss!

And the worst thing about it is that you can't even say that or else "well there needs to be loopholes for those who can afford it, because they're the ones who employ people"

They'd still have to bloody employ those people if they paid their taxes without massive breaks

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Time after time they’ve been caught taking the absolute piss.

I’m sure many people who are on the fiddle with their taxes will sleep easier knowing that those in charge try their luck so it’s all part of the game.

The crazy thing is, the people at the top doing complicated tax avoidance/reduction schemes are doing it legally in most cases, and the regular people not declaring cash in hand jobs are doing it illegally!

Shit system that needs an overhaul. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Unfortunately I fear Johnson’s visit to Kyiv is a bit of a PR master stroke.  

Doubt it will last more than the next headline. People struggling to heat their homes and put food on the table while their disposable income shrinks, won’t be swayed by the fat bastard flying to Ukraine for a photo opportunity.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, meregreen said:

Doubt it will last more than the next headline. People struggling to heat their homes and put food on the table while their disposable income shrinks, won’t be swayed by the fat bastard flying to Ukraine for a photo opportunity.

If I wasn't following this thread I'd have no idea he'd gone to Ukraine, it seems to have hardly picked up any media attention at all

32 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

If I wasn't following this thread I'd have no idea he'd gone to Ukraine, it seems to have hardly picked up any media attention at all

It's been all over the news to be honest

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's been all over the news to be honest

Fair enough, I haven't seen any mention of it, but I tend to not pay as much attention over the weekend so I guess I just missed it

19 hours ago, Xela said:

The crazy thing is, the people at the top doing complicated tax avoidance/reduction schemes are doing it legally in most cases, and the regular people not declaring cash in hand jobs are doing it illegally!

Shit system that needs an overhaul. 

I think the bigger issue is actually the societal view.

For example, people on benefits are "lazy scroungers" and should "get a job like the rest of us".  Whereas those in incredibly fortunate positions who are actively avoiding paying their way have "earnt it" and "aren't doing anything illegal".

• Like 2

16 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Two definitions:

The Laffer curve, illustrates the optimal level of taxation to produce the greatest yield.

The Laugher curve: illustrates the optimal level of taking the piss, before its past a joke.

I think Stewart Lee breaks the laughter curve.

Â