Aston Villa Home Support

Gary Thomas

8 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I much prefer the view of trinity, but the atmosphere does bother me sometimes. Just utterly dead, days like yesterday just remind me of what I am missing out on but I don't think I can put up with the view from the holte.

You see I don't understand how anyone can watch the game from the side and have a clue what's going on. 

From behind the goal you appreciate the depth of the game. You see how the ball is flowing forwards and backwards, see how each side (left/right, not team) is working, or not. 

When I have sat in the Trinity I realise I'm not getting the game so much.  And of course the atmosphere is crap. 

I think managers could actually fix things and understand more about what's going wrong if they sat behind goal. 

Graham Turner used to do it at The Dog Heads, I think he was on to something. Obviously he was crap though. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, sidcow said:

You see I don't understand how anyone can watch the game from the side and have a clue what's going on. 

From behind the goal you appreciate the depth of the game. You see how the ball is flowing forwards and backwards, see how each side (left/right, not team) is working, or not. 

When I have sat in the Trinity I realise I'm not getting the game so much.  And of course the atmosphere is crap. 

I think managers could actually fix things and understand more about what's going wrong if they sat behind goal. 

Graham Turner used to do it at The Dog Heads, I think he was on to something. Obviously he was crap though. 

I take it you don’t watch football on the TV much?

• Like 1

On 12/02/2018 at 14:06, markavfc40 said:

We have the second highest average in the league with 31,398 with Leeds averaging 32,379. I'd be disappointed if we don't finish the season with the highest average.

With games against Wolves, Derby, Cardiff and Leeds still to come then the Trinity upper should be open for a few more of the remaining games as we have to be looking at 38k+ for those games. In fact given where we are and what is at stake we should be looking at 36k+ for all our remaining games. 

We have a big part to play as supporters to help push us over the promotion line and I hope as many of us who can get down to the remaining games do so and get right behind the players just as we did yesterday.

If we continue doing well, and pushing for that second spot, I can see another two or three games hitting 40k. We've got Preston coming up midweek, and I reckon that will be our lowest crowd from now until the end. Can see atleast 33k being there for that though. By the end our average will be around 34k. In reality it should be higher, because I think some games of late have not been as well attended as they should have been. 

• 4 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Just seen that the club are giving out flags for the game tomorrow :bang:

Really don’t like that, the wolves lot will have fun ripping us about those. 

Completely disagree. Think it is a great gesture from the club. 

Who cares what Wolves think? I couldn't care less.  UTV

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Completely disagree. Think it is a great gesture from the club. 

Who cares what Wolves think? I couldn't care less.  UTV

The atmosphere against blues was great, we need that again against wolves, a flag is just a waste

It's just the club trying to engage with the fans, I remember when they gave us all flag type things for the semi final at home to Blackburn, I've still got it somewhere I think and whilst I couldn't say it enhanced the support it certainly did nothing to dampen it

• Like 1

On 2/12/2018 at 21:05, sidcow said:

Well, you can benefit from different things, depending.

I transferred from years and years on the Holte to years and years in the Trinity.....perhaps its a age thing.

from the side you can see who pays attention to the off side, so forwards positional play is illustrated more easily....just one benefit.

There are plusses and minuses.

However, seen as just about every manager in football sits at the side of the pitch, do you think there might be something in that?

33 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I like flags I remember the Ajax night with flags was a special night.

Me too. I even commented in the promotion thread yesterday that it would be good to have a few more ‘party’ atmospheres in our remaining home games, like we did in our relegation season. The home support has been fairly flat recently, which is surprising, considering our good form.

If the flags increase the interaction from the fans at the start of the game, then it could easily be the catalyst to make more people sing, and therefore improve the atmosphere.

No doubt the Wolves fans will try to take the piss, or maybe insinuate that we think this is our cup final :rolleyes: But what’s wrong with our wealthy owner paying for flags to be handed to the fans? Nothing, that’s what! So lighten up you bunch of miserable turnips!

:P

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Apparently we are doing it for all remaining home fixtures, Did you not go to the Ajax and Blackburn games was a great atmosphere.

Not exactly Leicester and Small Heath happy clappers. 

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Must admit I have no interest whatsoever in what fans of Wolves think.

For our part I think it’s a good idea. I’m at the back of the Holte so we always have a shout and sing but anything that gives the sides of the ground something to get them more visibly involved can’t be bad.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Well done the club!

Â