Aston Villa Home Support

Gary Thomas

I have to say for those fans that do not attend many games for whatever reason (such as my self).  I would try and go to the more important games such as yesterday for the off chance you may experience an atmosphere like that.  Maybe I'm getting carried away but the ground really was literally rocking after that 3rd goal went it.  I'll never forget it.

To those that have been going to games week in week out and have suffered over the years.  Well yesterday was especially for you.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I have to say for those fans that do not attend many games for whatever reason (such as my self).  I would try and go to the more important games such as yesterday for the off chance you may experience an atmosphere like that.  Maybe I'm getting carried away but the ground really was literally rocking after that 3rd goal went it.  I'll never forget it.

To those that have been going to games week in week out and have suffered over the years.  Well yesterday was especially for you.

I understand your point about picking and choosing but we need to get Villa Park as full as possible for the lesser games as well. Tomorrow is now even bigger than Saturday so I hope fans who can but are unsure make the effort. We need to get that buzz every game hopefully it’ll be enough to get us up and then we can keep it next season in the PL. 

1 minute ago, dn1982 said:

I understand your point about picking and choosing but we need to get Villa Park as full as possible for the lesser games as well. Tomorrow is now even bigger than Saturday so I hope fans who can but are unsure make the effort. We need to get that buzz every game hopefully it’ll be enough to get us up and then we can keep it next season in the PL. 

It dont help when they keep moving our home games. 

That cardiff one at home is annoying as midweek and thibk it might not be a full house now for that reason as its on sky also

Just now, Demitri_C said:

It dont help when they keep moving our home games. 

That cardiff one at home is annoying as midweek and thibk it might not be a full house now for that reason as its on sky also

I know but that’s oart and parcel of being the big club in the league. Personally I don’t look at if we on TV just can I make it and after Saturday I’ll be doing everything not to miss another one.  

21 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

There was plenty of singing in the upper Trinity. I don't usually sit there but it seemed like there were a few Holte exiles there. 

Yeah was class. Nor do I, but did for Blues and there was a pocket of us towards the front/level with halfway line who were doing our bit.

23 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Gee, thanks. We couldn't have done it without you... ;)

It was exceptionally loud on Saturday. I thought Blues was a better atmosphere altogether, perhaps because there wasn't necessarily the same tension, it was a lovely day for football and a more assured performance, but when it was loud on Saturday it was as loud as I've ever heard it. 

I know people want that every week but you need to inject a bit of realism. Those same people mentioned above who go every week who generate that noise, it's hard to get yourself up like that all the time. Not for Burton at home, as it will be for Huddersfield next season. It's a long season. But I maintain our home support is top drawer on the whole. 

5.30 saturday kick offs are quite good for generating a noise more time to get pissed!

Helps when the team are on it from the start but then I guess they could say they feed off the atmosphere.

Tomorrow is massive we need to get behind the boys from the off.

On 3/11/2018 at 23:29, Vive_La_Villa said:

:hooray: Thanks VLV. If we do go up this season, then typically I'll miss out on the season ticket back in the Prem, as I'm not renewing this year because of my first child being born in May. I'll be one of the hipsters that only wants to attend when we're doing shit ^_^

14 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

:hooray: Thanks VLV. If we do go up this season, then typically I'll miss out on the season ticket back in the Prem, as I'm not renewing this year because of my first child being born in May. I'll be one of the hipsters that only wants to attend when we're doing shit ^_^

congrats Rob! both on your fatherhood and the acceptance of the hipster lifestyle (I s'pose..)

• Like 1

Haha Thanks @osmark86 I could never be a proper hipster though, when my stubble almost reaches 'beard stage', I shave it off because it tickles my neck too much. Sometimes I wish I wasn't so manly.

Just now, Rob182 said:

Haha Thanks @osmark86 I could never be a proper hipster though, when my stubble almost reaches 'beard stage', I shave it off because it tickles my neck too much. Sometimes I wish I wasn't so manly.

it is a heavy burden indeed ^_^

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Congratulations mate. You’ll be back at Villa Park in no time. You know you can’t stay away! 

• Like 1

That's true. I'll buy the odd ticket and come to a handful throughout the season. Then hopefully renew in a few years time when we're in those Champions League places! :D

10 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

That's true. I'll buy the odd ticket and come to a handful throughout the season. Then hopefully renew in a few years time when we're in those Champions League places! :D

We can make it dad's day :) x

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

We can make it dad's day :) x

I actually said to Kreg the other day that it'll be nice to be able to buy three tickets together for once, anywhere in the ground, and not have you shuffling yourself in front of our two usual seats and therefore ruining the whole experience for us.

Â