Aston Villa Home Support

Gary Thomas

On Wednesday, May 04, 2016 at 20:53, dn1982 said:

You support the club not the owner! That's why if people wish to protest it's their right if they go to the game. People who use Lerner as an excuse not to go to games for me are a joke. There's plenty of reasons why people can't go. I'm a season ticket holder and don't go every game as it is depressing but I'll renew cause I can afford it and no matter who owns us I'll continue to do so as will 20000 other fans and then we have the people who go when and if they can so I expect our attendances to be roughly where we are this season maybe higher next year if we are doing well. Next year regardless of who owns us is massive and probably our biggest for years because if we don't get up we could become another Leeds so if you proclaim to support the club do so. Lerner will eventually be gone as other owners have but one thing remains constant. Aston Villa FC. 

Edit. Can't be arsed, Must be catching!

Edited by Kingman

Posted this in the match reactions thread but should probably go here really :

Aston Villa fans. I salute you each and every one. Make no mistake today the lion roared not on the pitch but in the stands. A magnificent lion prowling left and right through the stands clutching an amusingly shaped inflatable between it's claws

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Every time I go to a game (I live a long way away) we lose :-( I therefore decided not to go for the good of other Villa fans.

It didn't work!

we drew ;)

15 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Just brilliant. Today reminded me how amazing Villa Park can be. A fantastic, fun, thoroughly enjoyable day.  No aggro, no moping, no misery. Loved it.

Just a shame the football is garbage! 

By way of an aside I see this year fans invading the pitch to celebrate up and down the country is no longer a 'return to the dark ages' according to BBC and Sky ............................

The fans were magnificent, I know, because I saw such extensive reference to it on MOTD and Sky Sports News.................Oh, wait, no I didn't, I must be thinking of the many other  - far far less joyous and unique - crowd shots I saw this weekend.

Anyway, if maybe somehow the protest idea could be channelled that way - at least for the first month or so  - next season what a place VP would be.  It shows it can be done.  I had all but given up ever seeing the place in full voice again.  I think it also has to be said if I was a player I would perform better in that atmosphere than our more usual (two  halves of the Upper and Lower Holte and half the North end making a noise).

• Like 2

Sky cut the 74th minute stuff out on their match choice replay thing they have. 

I think maybe they see the stopping of the game a bit unsavoury and may tarnish the image of the league.

And LOL that video "sacked in the morning" to the stewards outside the directors box. 

All the Newcastle stuff though and singing "Sunderland" was a bit OTT for me.

I know the players and Randy have driven us to the brink of insanity but from next season the energy needs to be channelled correctly.  

Edited by Holtern8

I echo what's already been said above. Theres an oppurtunity to move the protest group forward as an actual proper supporters group. Getting carnival atmospheres every game would be hard but a few times a season would be brilliant especially with the amount of derbies we have. Hopefully a sale in the coming weeks will kill off any need to protest and we can get a united club again as we will need it to get back up. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

Anyway, if maybe somehow the protest idea could be channelled that way - at least for the first month or so  - next season what a place VP would be.  It shows it can be done.  I had all but given up ever seeing the place in full voice again.  I think it also has to be said if I was a player I would perform better in that atmosphere than our more usual (two  halves of the Upper and Lower Holte and half the North end making a noise).

Agree. That support will give our players a massive boost when we need them to and, lets be honest, the match day experience is so much more enjoyable when the place is rocking like that.

• Like 1

I had a brilliant day yesterday. My voice is still in VP. The stewards down the front of the Lower North were very young. They got hit with " Have you left school yet ? " & "Are you old enough to drink " There is nothing better than VP in full voice .

Nice to see a bit of acknowledgement in the press.......

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/668284/Benitez-Coy-On-Future-Newcastle-Draw-Dismal-Aston-Villa-Relegation-Premier-League-News

The Villa gift shop has been in generous mood for most teams this season. Yet presented with their 'gimme', Newcastle employed a defensive midfield shield for well over an hour. Given the desperate match unfolding before them it was no surprise the audience found entertainment elsewhere with the away fans paying more attention to the events at the Stadium of Light on mobile phones and Villa's magnificent support alternating between protest and defiance. "No sobbing on the Holte" draped from the top tier of that stand the finest of their messages. Eric Black, the temporary hand on the Villa tiller, insisted he, too, was proud of his team's performance and added that while the club may be down, the is a huge opportunity for someone who takes it off owner Randy Lerner's hands. Asked why anyone should buy the club, he said: "Because it's a phenomenal club with a phenomenal history, phenomenal support, phenomenal infrastructure and a club that should be in the top six or seven in the country. "There is a fabulous opportunity here. I'm not saying it's going to be an easy one because the Championship is difficult. But if the right people are in place I don't see any reason why this club can't bounce back."...................................................

Edited by Gary Thomas

• 2 months later...

Just watching the pres conferences with Tommy Elphick and Ross McCormack.  Very noticeable how they both kept talking about how critical the support will be this season. Lets get the place rocking again and show them what it means to us. 

• Like 3

Â