Aston Villa Home Support

Gary Thomas

6 hours ago, dn1982 said:

We are in a crap position but not every single thing about the club is negative but some seem to think so. I'm sure if there was a thread about the Tea Lady she'd get it for buying tetley instead of pg tips!!! I don't mind people being negative it's being negative for the sake of it and not being constructive in any argument. It's in times of adversity that you need the fans the most. As for being the biggest crock of shit the Premier League has seen that's just your silly opinion. Let's see where we finish then you can say I told you so with glee and then condemn next season whilst the rest of us mourn! 

But it's not. That's your interpretation. What is it that you want us to be constructive about? 

Can sit here until the cows come home banging on about where the likes of westwood or grealish etc might improve. The fact of the matter is, they're poor players at this level. There really isn't any point beating about the bush. 

Eric black. You can spend hours trying to look for positives and reasons why we might have gone for him. His career spells it out that he is a 2nd rate football coach.

Those are just examples by the way. Not burning issues. 

23 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

But it's not. That's your interpretation. What is it that you want us to be constructive about? 

Can sit here until the cows come home banging on about where the likes of westwood or grealish etc might improve. The fact of the matter is, they're poor players at this level. There really isn't any point beating about the bush. 

Eric black. You can spend hours trying to look for positives and reasons why we might have gone for him. His career spells it out that he is a 2nd rate football coach.

Those are just examples by the way. Not burning issues. 

I bow to your wisdom on all things football related. Grealish hasn't played enough games to be classed as anything. Westwood is a decent player and was one of our best recently he's not top end PL by a long way but when on form he's a decent player. And as for Eric Black most people who've actually met him say he's a good coach but that doesn't mean anything coaches are a bit different to managers you know??? 

2 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

I bow to your wisdom on all things football related. Grealish hasn't played enough games to be classed as anything. Westwood is a decent player and was one of our best recently he's not top end PL by a long way but when on form he's a decent player. And as for Eric Black most people who've actually met him say he's a good coach but that doesn't mean anything coaches are a bit different to managers you know??? 

I know that. But they're no different in terms of the best being at the top and the not so best being at places like Rotherham. 

I'm sure Eric black is a really good coach. But at this level, he's likely to be out of his depth. Well he won't, because he's with us.

And dn1982, nobody is claiming it to be wisdom. It's pretty much clear.

See that - grealish hasn't played enough to be classed as anything. For 90% of the time he's been on the field hes been shite. At what point is it ok to say hes shite.

Of course, he might improve, knowing us hel probably get worse, but right now, he's shite. And there really is no getting away from that.

2 hours ago, Woodytom said:

What so I made no posts in 7/8 months?

Woody it honestly wasn't meant as a dig, I was only mentioning you were only active on this board for about 6 months of his 4 year reign so a very small sample size not take I take issue with your negativity atm as we are completely wretched to watch.

On 27/01/2016 at 19:50, av1 said:

Its not just the opposition, but the number of midweek games that will result in attendances taking a battering. 

Against Wycombe we got about 16k (taking In to account 4k away fans) and that was £10 a ticket. I think that's a good indication of what to expect next season. 

no chance. no way will we get below 20k next season, also you wont get many games that go below 25k either. if we are doing well we will be averaging over 30k no problem.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

90+3: Fair play to the @AVFCOfficial fans, who have kept singing all night long. That's proper support [2-0] #WHUAVL

396 retweets354 likes

Retweet

More

Respect to our claret and blue brothers! :cheers: 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2016 at 00:01, gilbertoAVFC said:

In fairness our fans have been absolutely class the last few months. Lowest I've ever felt as a Villa fan today, dunno how some people carried on singing after 2-0.

Only good thing about this club.

Yes we don't sell out much but given how dismal we've been at home last 5 years winning on average 4 home games a season, I'd say 33-35k average as this season looks like again is pretty good going. And we still take good numbers away.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Only good thing about this club.

Yes we don't sell out much but given how dismal we've been at home last 5 years winning on average 4 home games a season, I'd say 33-35k average as this season looks like again is pretty good going. And we still take good numbers away.

it does surprise me how little we sell out, even when we were doing well under MON. is the fanbase not as big as we think or whatever else. one of the cheaper teams to follow as well.

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Relegated fan syndrome. Pretty much every club that goes down "has a great set of fans that deserve a better team". I remember Bolton fans singing their hearts out every game a few years ago.

I know what you mean but that makes it sound a bit disingenuous. For as long as I've been travelling away regularly I've noticed that under normal circumstances our home support is exceptional in comparison to all others. We are up there with Palace, Everton. We are at the tail end of a 5 year horror show, to keep signing at this stage takes some effort, I assure you. 

Our fans are genuinely wonderful on the whole. They really are, objectively, amongst the best in the land. We deserve better.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

19 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

it does surprise me how little we sell out, even when we were doing well under MON. is the fanbase not as big as we think or whatever else. one of the cheaper teams to follow as well.

It's **** expensive and the Birmingham working classes have suffered as much as anyone with the death of the British manufacturing industry over the last 30 years. I speak for myself here of course but on top of my season ticket it costs me £50 in travel to go to home games. Yes I live in London, but I had to leave Birmingham for work, it was a dead town. I also travel to 8/9 away games a season and I worked out that it costs me over £3k a year following my club. 

Football is eating itself. 

• Like 2

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It's **** expensive and the Birmingham working classes have suffered as much as anyone with the death of the British manufacturing industry over the last 30 years. I speak for myself here of course but on top of my season ticket it costs me £50 in travel to go to home games. Yes I live in London, but I had to leave Birmingham for work, it was a dead town. I also travel to 8/9 away games a season and I worked out that it costs me over £3k a year following my club. 

Football is eating itself. 

true.

• Like 1

Â