Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

I actually don't fear relegation nearly as much as I used to. Am I the only one? Simply being shit and just about surviving in the Premier League is no fun at all.

Nope, not alone. Not really bothered at all but it's still WAY early days, and I don't think we'll be relegated in the end. Randy's not the most sagacious or attentive owner, but I doubt he'll want to see his inherited investment fall to pieces. Still going to support Villa, no matter what. 

No, you're not the only one . . . it would be crap but the world would keep turning. We might win some games in the Championship as well. 

Exactly. The way I see it, the possibility of having a season where we might actually win a lot of games is preferable to being shit and hardly winning being an almost certainty.

• Like 3

1 point from Sunderland, Leicester, Palace and WBA. This is very poor whatever your ambitions in this league.

Another season of barely winning home games (plenty of teams will be beating West Ham and Sunderland at home this year) and to me the promoted teams are a lot better than last year. Plus no Benteke to bail us out in crucial moments with goals out of nothing anymore.

Serious worried, can see mass panic spend on a new forward in January when we should've done it in August.

Edited by VillaChris

We'd be a little less worried if we had a manager who could shut teams out for a win or make changes which benefit us.

I'm not sure what to think. My confidence in Sherwood has been shaken a little over the past two games, seeing how naive he can be.

The promoted teams are looking a lot better this year.

Last season QPR weren't even turing up for away games so you knew they'd be in a lot of trouble once they starting drawing and losing at home. Burnley were spirited buy didn't win a game until November 8th.

Already the three promoted teams have won two premier league games.

Of the three, I rate Norwich the least, I think they'll drop as the season goes on but they've already beaten Bournemouth and Sunderland so looks like they have the knack of winning 6 pointers.

Of the others well we saw today why Pulis isn't getting relegated anytime soon, Stoke will pick up eventually, probably when Shawcross gets fit.

The North East clubs look a total shambles but once of them will pick up as we've seen in previous seasons.

I'm very worried. With the start of the season, I was looking at the fixtures and expecting something like 8-9 points by now e.g. point at Palace, win v Sunderland, something v Leicester and a win today.

To only get 1 point from last 4 games well that is serious worry. 

I like Grealish, but he's not the sort of player that's going to dig deep when we are in the shit. Few players today showed they have no fight. SHA in midweek, they're a hard working team and i wouldn't be surprised if we got done by them too.

We have two problems:

1. We don't score goals.

2. We get outmuscled.

So, there are teams in this league that are simply better than us and that you'd expect to beat us - the Man City's, Chelsea's and Arsenal's - then there are teams that are bigger than us, your Stoke, your Albion, your Watford. That doesn't leave too many games we're favourite for. We may live to regret the last two results.

• Like 1

We have two problems:

1. We don't score goals.

2. We get outmuscled.

So, there are teams in this league that are simply better than us and that you'd expect to beat us - the Man City's, Chelsea's and Arsenal's - then there are teams that are bigger than us, your Stoke, your Albion, your Watford. That doesn't leave too many games we're favourite for. We may live to regret the last two results.

when we played wolves in pre season i noticed how weak we were in terms of getting bullied on the pitch, we have a really weak team.

• Like 1

yep we are soft. We also have no height in the team outside of lescott and gestede (when he plays). Richards at least makes up for his relative lack of height as a CB by being very strong and physical. the midfield in particular lacks physical presence.

but the worrying thing today is the lack of bottle and leadership - no one stood up and tried to get us back in the game. All the long balls were symptomatic of this - too many players taking the easy way out.

I've been saying it for weeks, for me this is just a given. We are going down, there is no question in my mind. Has anyone really seen anything that suggests otherwise?

We offer zero attacking threat. Our midfield is very lightweight. The team has no fight in them. No-one takes responsibility. The strikers are all awful, even Sherwood isn't starting his own signings, Sherwood has no idea about tactics or substitutions in particular.

Positives? Some individually talented players who may pop up with goal or two through their own invention but offer little to the team

After our opening fixtures, having watched all the games (inc preseason) there is nothing that suggests this team can survive. And hardly as if Lerner will actually invest money in to the team in Jan. Not buying a striker like Austin is going to see us relegated - no point having Gil and Grealish feeding a non-existant strike force.

• Like 1

Â