Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

We just need a manager that comes in.. ideally foreign so they have no attachment to the english players.

I want to see a manager with balls who has a game plan and sticks with it. I thought Sherwood would do that yet he kept changing it and got negative when it didnt work after a few games this season. Should have stuck with it as we were playing well.

Theres a good team here.. Lots of decent players. I look at other squads and no way they have a better side than we do.

We are missing 1 key ingredient.. and that is a lethal striker. Really should have bought Charlie Austin.. i would think we would have won 3-4 games more if we did.

I just want the new manager.. to stop playing Lescott Richardson Hutton and Westwood. Squad players/depth at best. First two are rubbish. Hutton i like but is very limited and we tend to lose so much possession ending with him putting in weak crosses. Westwood is a limited player and i can see Veretout blossoming under a proper manager given a run of games.

A back four of Richards Okore Clark Amavi should be first choice. Gil and Traore/Grealish instructions to hug the touch line and cut in when possible.

------------------------------Guzan------------------------------

Richards--------Okore------------Clark-------------Amavi

---------------------Gueye---------Sanchez------------------

--------Gil-----------------Veretout---------------Traore/Grealish

-----------------------------Ayew-------------------------------

Last game vs Swansea.

Hutton---------Richards---------Lescott----Richardson

---------------------Gueye---------Bacuna------------------

----------------------------Grealish-----------------------------

--------------Ayew---------------------Gabby-------------------

----------------------------Gestede-----------------------------

In a team like that.... you have a decent defence.. with good protection from the midfield. You have creativity and speed in attack and you have good movement upfront with Ayew. Gestede wont fit in that team. Kozak possibly but wont do much better. Sherwoods team just lacks quality and balance. We have a good team if you pick the right players.

Charlie Austin and Valdes on loan as a goal keeper is imperative as well on January.

I think that team is good enough for the premier league.. and if given a proper go.. probably higher.

i'm glad your not the manager picking the team every week !!!

I appreciate its all about opinions, but Gestede is only good for one thing, headers so who is going to supply the crosses from wide in that set up?

The protection the defence will get from that midfield is as about as good as using a condom with a hole in it!!

I am not having a go at you, but for me it just highlights the serious lack of quality we have in our team/squad.

I think you have misunderstood KSV's line up, his is the top one without Gestede, the second is Sherwoods line up vs Swansea.

• Like 1

We just need a manager that comes in.. ideally foreign so they have no attachment to the english players.

I want to see a manager with balls who has a game plan and sticks with it. I thought Sherwood would do that yet he kept changing it and got negative when it didnt work after a few games this season. Should have stuck with it as we were playing well.

Theres a good team here.. Lots of decent players. I look at other squads and no way they have a better side than we do.

We are missing 1 key ingredient.. and that is a lethal striker. Really should have bought Charlie Austin.. i would think we would have won 3-4 games more if we did.

I just want the new manager.. to stop playing Lescott Richardson Hutton and Westwood. Squad players/depth at best. First two are rubbish. Hutton i like but is very limited and we tend to lose so much possession ending with him putting in weak crosses. Westwood is a limited player and i can see Veretout blossoming under a proper manager given a run of games.

A back four of Richards Okore Clark Amavi should be first choice. Gil and Traore/Grealish instructions to hug the touch line and cut in when possible.

Last game vs Swansea.

In a team like that.... you have a decent defence.. with good protection from the midfield. You have creativity and speed in attack and you have good movement upfront with Ayew. Gestede wont fit in that team. Kozak possibly but wont do much better. Sherwoods team just lacks quality and balance. We have a good team if you pick the right players.

Charlie Austin and Valdes on loan as a goal keeper is imperative as well on January.

I think that team is good enough for the premier league.. and if given a proper go.. probably higher.

I appreciate its all about opinions, but Gestede is only good for one thing, headers so who is going to supply the crosses from wide in that set up?

The protection the defence will get from that midfield is as about as good as using a condom with a hole in it!!

I am not having a go at you, but for me it just highlights the serious lack of quality we have in our team/squad.

I think you have misunderstood KSV's line up, his is the top one without Gestede, the second is Sherwoods line up vs Swansea.

Lol just thought the same :) I much prefer KSV's line up to Sherwoods! That line up vs Swansea is frankly disgraceful for a professional manager!

I agree we need a Main striker and GK signed in Jan and we have a slim chance. My lineup would be something like this

---------------------------------------------New Keeper or Guzan----------------

Richards-/New RB-----------Senderos/Okore---------Clark/Lescott---------------Amavi/Richardson

-------------------------Westwood----------------------------------Sanchez-------------

----Traore-----------------------------------------Gil / Ayew---------------------------------------Grealish / Sinclair

----------------------------------------------Gestede  or Gabby or New striker

Edited by danceoftheshamen
  • Like 1

Last game vs Swansea.

oooops....thanks for pointing this out to me 

• Like 1

Pressurizing their CB's and Goalkeeper helps as well it forces them back up the pitch so they can't play a high line

Unfortunately we play with a tree up front 

I believe it's ent. We have an ent up front.

UVZ54ac.jpg

Comparing the premiership, serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, and Eredivisie, there is only one team that actually has a worse points per game average than us. 

Just found this interesting and puts into perspective how bad we really are. 

• Like 1

Â