limpid

First match of the season.. 

First match in the Premier League for quite a few of our players..

First match as a squad for this group of players..

Yes this may also be Bournemouth's first match in the Premier League ever, but they are no new to English football.. They decimated the Championship and are a cohesive and well gelled squad yet we look about as good as them..

Give it time and we will start to see the new look Villa squad come alive, but it's going to need time and patience and a bit of keeping quiet when things obviously don't go our way.. If in 4 weeks or a bit longer it's still shocking then get vocal, but this has been the first 45 minutes in this league for quite a few of our squad. Give them a break.. Seriously.

• Like 2

It's been fairly sluggish. But, Veretout has something about him I like. Good touch and looks like he can handle himself. Amavi is handling a tricky Ritchie very well (last season he would have destroyed us at left back). Gueye hasn't been spectacular but has been very busy. Ayew has been quiet, but early doors.

Want to see Gestede get on.  

Sinclair for me has been the worst of the front three by a distance. 

Gabby and Ayew have got onto the ball and been poor with it. Sinclair hasn't been involved, the only touch I really remember was with two men on him, next to our corner flag.

I feel a bit sorry for Bournemouth, they aren't getting an introduction to Premier League football.

SInclair? Ayew hasn't touched the ball at all this half. Sinclair has made a few good runs down the left. It seemed like if we were going to get a goal, it was going to come from Sinclair. 

I don't recall seeing Sinclair in their half down the left - I've seen Amavi a few times, but Sinclair has been anonymous, Ayew has been second to the ball on a number of occasions down the right; I'd sooner he was winning it, but at least I know he's out there. Gabby has been our most likely outlet and the best of the three for my money.

I like trio midfield they seem like well together they need time to get used. i would kept trios and sub gabby for Gestede. 

Awey need more mobiles all across rather one side. 

i wish Gil and Grealish behind Gestede rather Awey and Sinchair, Gabby. (too pace striker and not enough to support midfield to build up attack) which Gil and Grealish capacity .. 

Take a time, first day alway freak result or stranger performance take a steady .. 

First match of the season.. 

First match in the Premier League for quite a few of our players..

First match as a squad for this group of players..

Yes this may also be Bournemouth's first match in the Premier League ever, but they are no new to English football.. They decimated the Championship and are a cohesive and well gelled squad yet we look about as good as them..

Give it time and we will start to see the new look Villa squad come alive, but it's going to need time and patience and a bit of keeping quiet when things obviously don't go our way.. If in 4 weeks or a bit longer it's still shocking then get vocal, but this has been the first 45 minutes in this league for quite a few of our squad. Give them a break.. Seriously.

its the 1st half of the 1st match ;)

• Like 1

Keeping Bournemouth out for the first 45 minutes was imperative, we have done that, so now we can come in to the game. Yes we haven't exactly set the world alight with that first half, but we have soaked up their atmosphere and denied them the lead. 

• Like 1

Sinclair for me has been the worst of the front three by a distance. 

Gabby and Ayew have got onto the ball and been poor with it. Sinclair hasn't been involved, the only touch I really remember was with two men on him, next to our corner flag.

I feel a bit sorry for Bournemouth, they aren't getting an introduction to Premier League football.

SInclair? Ayew hasn't touched the ball at all this half. Sinclair has made a few good runs down the left. It seemed like if we were going to get a goal, it was going to come from Sinclair. 

I don't recall seeing Sinclair in their half down the left - I've seen Amavi a few times, but Sinclair has been anonymous, Ayew has been second to the ball on a number of occasions down the right; I'd sooner he was winning it, but at least I know he's out there. Gabby has been our most likely outlet and the best of the three for my money.

i did he nearly fell over it on the sideline and took off him by the centre half

he is awful, i would take him off for Gestede

I know that it's early and it's a new team, but as most of us said early on, it's not that bad losing against a newly promoted side that's pumped as f**k for this game, it's the manner in which we lose. So far it's looked pretty poor, almost like we're playing for a draw, and certainly not what I expected to see from a Sherwood side. Hopefully the 2nd half will be a bit more settled.

Draw would be cracking result - would be interesting to see how Gestede changes things up front, might be able to hold it up and bring midfield into play. Still think we're missing a focal point at the head of that attack. 

Disjointed performance from Villa. Some nice signs from "Gana" and Vertout in midfield but it the team looks idealess and rudderless. It will take time to get the tactics settled and formation right. The only down point for me is how poor we look at CB. Richards and Clark look like accidents waiting to happen. The positive is that Bournemouth really should be in front.

Gestede to score the winner.

Edited by villa89