limpid

id bring on Sanchez for Westwood. Move Veretoot further up field. Veretoot seems to be doing Westwoods job as well.

Our wide forwards are just too far apart and Gabby is not collecting the ball deep enough. I would swap Ayew and Gabby.. see if that does anything.. then bring on Gestede.

Issue is mainly we are still lumping balls up to Agbonlahor as if he is Benteke, so maybe he will win 1 in 5 and when he doesn't in puts pressure immediately back on us. We did better in first 15 minutes which although lacked any sort of penetration at least showed some decent possession in midfield. Better teams would have punished our defending though.

Sinclair for me has been the worst of the front three by a distance. 

Gabby and Ayew have got onto the ball and been poor with it. Sinclair hasn't been involved, the only touch I really remember was with two men on him, next to our corner flag.

I feel a bit sorry for Bournemouth, they aren't getting an introduction to Premier League football.

• Like 1

I'm not going to depair yet - it's the first match of the season with a largely new team, playing a newly promoted side who will have watched us last season and will feel like they've got nothing to fear. We'll take a bit of time to gel, but I'd like us to be playing at least a bit better than we are. Apart from winning a free kick Gabby's done nothing, and unless we score from literally every corner in training I can see no justification whatsoever for keeping Westwood on set pieces. Amavi's been impressive though.

id bring on Sanchez for Westwood. Move Veretoot further up field. Veretoot seems to be doing Westwoods job as well.

Our wide forwards are just too far apart and Gabby is not collecting the ball deep enough. I would swap Ayew and Gabby.. see if that does anything.. then bring on Gestede.

Constructive. Mean to go on as you start!

Not getting worried at all but we've been rather dreadful attacking wise. Defence has mostly been solid. Early days, I'd be happy with a draw today.

It was always going to be a tough ask today - they'll be so pumped for this game it was the worst possible opening fixture we could have got in my opinion.

I think we look better than we did under Lambert last season which is good. The Frenchies look like they're expecting a touch too much time on the ball though - a couple of times our players have had their pockets picked or been harassed into wayward passes. Get Gestede on at half time though - Gabby's not having any influence on the game so may as well try something different. 

Not been pretty. Richards has looked good and amavi has done some nice things. Westwood has been poor and Veretout and Gueye haven't been able to dictate play in there. Front 3 have offered very little.

I'm hoping Gestede gets on soon and we start playing to his strengths. Let's not forget we're missing a couple of key players and will almost certainly sign another couple before the window ends.

Gabby and Ayew have got onto the ball and been poor with it. Sinclair hasn't been involved, the only touch I really remember was with two men on him, next to our corner flag.

I feel a bit sorry for Bournemouth, they aren't getting an introduction to Premier League football.

Complete opposite for me, think Sinclair has been the best of the three. Ayew looks unfit and rather slow and Gabby has been isolated up front.

• Like 2

SInclair? Ayew hasn't touched the ball at all this half. Sinclair has made a few good runs down the left. It seemed like if we were going to get a goal, it was going to come from Sinclair. 

It took only 45 minutes before the doom merchants started piping up  :crylaugh:

Not performing one game =/= relegation. Calm down.

We're just expressing our disappointment at how badly we're performing.