Adama Traore

mwj

34 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Genuine question, how shit out of ten were all of those managers? Answer 10/10, three utterly shite managers were at the helm last season.

Agreed. I wasn't trying to bait anyone, I was just trying to find out what the general consensus was.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Genuine question, how shit out of ten were all of those managers? Answer 10/10, three utterly shite managers were at the helm last season.

I think in fairness to Sherwood (will probably get a warning after posting that!) he would've played him a lot more but for injury.

As soon as he signed he was straight off the bench v Palace, started v Notts County and I'm sure would've then started the Sunderland game.

Instead he missed 6 weeks and by the time he came back the team were in an awful losing run so he did what many managers do and went for more experienced players e.g. Richardson over Amavi at LB.

Garde didn't fancy him one little bit but then again he liked picking conservative line ups even in 6 pointers, that 11 he put out v Norwich away was nearly as bad as the 11s Black came up with.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Just looking at the other thread and he hasn't been named in the touring Austria party...even if he's injured you'd think he'd have gone along regardless.

I hope that means that we are keeping him but that they thought he would be better off spending more time doing fitness training or something.  But I might be clutching at straws.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Just looking at the other thread and he hasn't been named in the touring Austria party...even if he's injured you'd think he'd have gone along regardless.

Why drag an injured player to Austria when the facilities are here?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I love him as a player but seems to be constantly injured! Just want him to get a run of games and cause some real damage to teams. 

Yeah he looks an exciting prospect from the little we see of him, but he is no good to us if he is constantly injured. Like Gary Gardner, he needs to have a season injury free so we can properly judge his credentials.

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Why drag an injured player to Austria when the facilities are here?

There must be o.k medical facilities where we're going?

Maybe including him in the group for team spirit and all that. I imagine he must've been hacked off by last years events and hardly playing.

Still if the club have said him and Lyden are injured that's o.k for me.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I think in fairness to Sherwood (will probably get a warning after posting that!) he would've played him a lot more but for injury.

As soon as he signed he was straight off the bench v Palace, started v Notts County and I'm sure would've then started the Sunderland game.

Instead he missed 6 weeks and by the time he came back the team were in an awful losing run so he did what many managers do and went for more experienced players e.g. Richardson over Amavi at LB.

Garde didn't fancy him one little bit but then again he liked picking conservative line ups even in 6 pointers, that 11 he put out v Norwich away was nearly as bad as the 11s Black came up with.

you lost me at the Richardson for Amavi bit!! Apart from that I agree with you. It's also not the best idea putting young players in to a losing side but we were that bad no criticism would've came from the fans. It may though have lifted our spirits a bit. I can't see any club gambling on him though especially if the wages are true. I think the Championship would be good for him then next season he'd be a cracking player in the PL for us. 

1 minute ago, dn1982 said:

you lost me at the Richardson for Amavi bit!! Apart from that I agree with you. It's also not the best idea putting young players in to a losing side but we were that bad no criticism would've came from the fans. It may though have lifted our spirits a bit. I can't see any club gambling on him though especially if the wages are true. I think the Championship would be good for him then next season he'd be a cracking player in the PL for us. 

It was just Sherwood went with Richardson who somehow has played about 200 odd games in the prem ahead of Amavi who'd only played a handful and was starting to struggle a bit. Bit like in the Houllier season when we were really struggling at xmas and Houllier got Dunne out of exile and started playing him again.

16 hours ago, VillaChris said:

There must be o.k medical facilities where we're going?

Maybe including him in the group for team spirit and all that. I imagine he must've been hacked off by last years events and hardly playing.

Still if the club have said him and Lyden are injured that's o.k for me.

I'm not a doctor or sure what injury he actually has but I can't imagine that a plane flight and the altitude pressure would be good for rehab.

18 hours ago, VillaChris said:

It was just Sherwood went with Richardson who somehow has played about 200 odd games in the prem ahead of Amavi who'd only played a handful and was starting to struggle a bit. Bit like in the Houllier season when we were really struggling at xmas and Houllier got Dunne out of exile and started playing him again.

Difference being Dunne was a leader and Richardson was awful and Amavi with a broken leg would've been better!! Amavi was Gestedes sole supply line. In a team lacking goals Sherwood took away one of our few avenues to score. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎.‎7‎.‎2016 at 17:20, VillaChris said:

I warn you for being fair to Sherwood. Not cool.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

I hope he stays and plays, sure hes raw, sure he needs to learn when to pass.

BUT

he gets you off your seat, hes electric, hes direct, he goes forward, I think hes got so much potential, come on, were always talking about how we want to be excited and how boring last season was, and sqaure passes are crap and all that. This guy has it all in his locker, hes unpredictable, dare i say a little like a young more athletic asprilla?

Give him a chance to put the fear of god into opposing defences.

• Like 4

Â