Adama Traore

mwj

All gone quiet on this one today ......

Based on that I think it's fair to deduce he has a decision to make. So not as cut and dried as we might expect.

Funny that, I thought he'd almost definitely already signed for Stoke according opinions on here...heh.

The fact that we are genuinely in for this lad leaves me comfortable that even if we don't land him, we will go out and get our plan B and he is unlikely to be a Tonev style pile of shit.

That's the difference this summer. So yeah, ce la vie

I didn't know Ben drew could play football ;)

Daily Mail saying we don't want to pay the £12m release clause, why would we even bother letting him come to BMH if we didn't intend on doing a deal. Such BS

Indeed.

Same paper that broke the "news" that Adebayor won't move to the Midlands. But hey, we buy that because it fits. Easy target.

I'd ban the mail if it were up to me. Sensationalist rag.

This one definitely as clear as mud, he could literally go either way.  Maybe even a 3rd or 4th way, could be 25/25/25/25.

Don't think I've seen anything compelling to get excited or gutted about, just open on this.

This one definitely as clear as mud, he could literally go either way. Maybe even a 3rd or 4th way, could be 25/25/25/25.

Don't think I've seen anything compelling to get excited or gutted about, just open on this.

I think that should actually be 50/50/50/50

If he's visited both clubs, and I'm not sure he has. Then I'd like to think we have a real chance. I believe our stadium, facilities and the Sherwood, Fox dream team would persuade most players over joining Stoke. I also think we've got the financial means, in wages, to offer him an attractive package. I'd be very excited if we pull this one off.

• Like 1

This "Release Clause" scenario is seeming becoming the latest phase in an effort to keep clubs down.

It is becoming increasingly more difficulty for a club capitalise from the sale of a developed player.....my initial reaction is that this clause should be banned....its tantamount to unfair competition.

its developing in to "heads you lose, tails you lose"

As a football club we have to understand where we are at present in the whole scheme of being attractive to players.....hopefully in the fullness of time we will enhance our position from the demise we have experienced in recent past seasons.

The very best players will not be interested in joining us unless we ply them with obscene amounts of money and that is not an option for us.

We have to develop players and it seems their main interest will be seeing us as a "stepping stone" to get to their "Holy Grail" in our early stages of improvement....If thats the case, we have to do as much as we can to capitalise financially/profile wise from the inevitable situation.

We do have to find players who want to play for us who we know/suspect are going to improve us too.....when that happens as they raise their stock we too need to be rewarded so we can improve as a club like they have done as an individual.

When players we have targeted want low release clauses before they have kicked a ball for us.....that makes me very dubious of the player in question.

If they go to other clubs on that basis, other clubs will find it difficult to eventually improve their position.

Sometimes walking away, is the prudent option.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

im confused...its required for a player in spain to have a "release clause" right? So how are barcelona able to dictact whether they include a buy back clause or not? If they have to accept our bid then surely we can tell them to get lost with bs clauses?...this obviously isnt the case but why?

Edited by gharperr

im confused...its required for a player in spain to have a "release clause" right? So how are barcelona able to dictact whether they include a buy back clause or not? If they have to accept our bid then surely we can tell them to get lost with bs clauses?...this obviously isnt the case but why?

If we met the release-clause then there would be no buy-back clause. I don't think it is as low as stated above, the Spanish papers said it was €15m (~£10.5m) but the fee would be lowered if a buy-back clause was included.

Yes, I believe it is law in Spain that all contracts include a buy-out clause, not just football contracts. As for the buy-back clause, I believe that's because we allegedly don't want to pay the full amount for the clause.

Â