Adama Traore

mwj

18 hours ago, Ginko said:

Utter, utter bollocks of the highest order. It was absolutely intentional. Methinks you have an agenda if you're willing to make up such bullshit to emphasise your opinion.

Rest of your post I fully agree with, but I think you're wrong here.  The only player bursting into the box (from recollection, granted) was Gestede, who had made a near-post run ahead of the defender.  I think Traore was aiming to wrap his foot around the cross and aim for Gestede's head - the movement was there after all.  However, the cross was overhit and Gil managed to resurrect it all with a sublime volley.

Irrespective of where the ball was meant to go, though, Traore still had the ability to run fully 70 yards and put the ball "in an area" that allowed players to attack it.  Whilst I don't think the actual delivery was intended, no-one else in our team can produce that.

Edited by bobzy

So Gingo, you think Traore and Gil, if given freedom, will rip teams apart.

Tell me where would you play them, difficult I know, as both are basically right wingers. Different types of winger it's true but, basically right wingers none the less.

For example, Gil is a left footed right winger, so he continually cuts inside, right into the traffic, thus cutting down on his ability to create chances for the attackers. He also loses chances to create by holding on to the ball for too long. He isn't strong enough either, being easy to knock off the ball.

Traore on the other hand, is more reminiscent of a young Aiden McGeady, running with the ball into dead-ends, keeping the ball for so long, that the intelligent and non-intelligent runs from the forwards will be negated.

Traore in particular, needs an awful lot of work, before he will be a productive member of any team.

In the championship, no team can afford to carry a passenger and that is what both Gil and Traore will be, none contributing passengers, for probably somewhere between 90-95% of games they play.

Gil is a number 10 not a winger.

He needs to be played in that position behind a pair of intelligent strikers and in front of a dynamic midfield who can supply him and you would see a different player.

Traore has hardly been given an opportunity. His selfishness creates space for teammates and scoring opportunities. If it comes off only once every four or five attempts I would take that. I think you would see him sharing the ball more often when he settles in more with the right system and good players around him.  

If they are holding onto the ball too long it would be because of the lack of movement and options ahead of them. Our strikers last season were Gestede, an unfit Gabby and Sinclair and Ayew who aren't really strikers.

Gil and Traore are anything but passengers. They are our most important players with a frightening amount of potential if we utilize them properly. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I've not spotted him in any of the training pics yet. 

I hope he stays and tears the Championship a new one!!

'Rip it up'...'tear em a new one'...'tear em apart'...grown men getting a stiffy?!!

I haven't heard overreaction on such a grand scale since reading the EU thread.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I've not spotted him in any of the training pics yet. 

I hope he stays and tears the Championship a new one!!

Yeah neither have I. There has been quite a few photos.. i am sure ive seen everyone at least once but not Adama. I think i read an article a few weeks back that he had an injury. 

On 6/30/2016 at 18:34, kurtsimonw said:

Agreed. Both of his assists against Palace/Sunderland were like watching an 18 year old playing against 11 year olds.

When he came on against Arsenal (home game) he ran from the half way line, past at least 3 of their players into the box and had a shot on goal, I guess they were "11 year olds" too? 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Adama is one of those players that can change the game in the blink of an eye. He is a raw talent with bags of pace and great upper body strength. That's not to say he is perfect, as he is far from it. He holds onto the ball for too long and lacks that bit of quality that comes from experience and good coaching. That's why this season will be make or break form Adama in my opinion. If our coaching staff can get the best out of him then we will have one hell of a player on our hands. If not then we can let him go next summer. I really don't see the logic in letting him go right now though. Despite his flaws he is a very promising player and he could play a big part in getting us promoted. Let's just hope we can keep hold of him and that he can stay fit...

Seems to be mostly about whether he'll play for Spain or not. They ask how long his contract with Villa is - he says two years. They ask if he'll play for Villa in the Championship and he says we'll see in the coming days.

Edited by El-Reacho
  • Like 1

Â