Starting Lineup....

GeordieVillan

We've gone from buying bargain bucket players to potentially very good, very very good players. Yes they will need time to find their feet, but this will bean exciting journey.

Guzan

Hutton Richards Clark Amavi

Veretout Gueye

Gil Grealish Sinclair

Gestede

Against Bournemouth

Jordan Against and Jordan Bournemouth from Ligue 1?

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 1

As i read somewhere else it's a bit like BFR first season after selling Platt, and totally ripping up a side that has just come 17th. As long as we end up 7th  and then 2nd I will be happy.

And in the first game of that season 91/92 we played Sheffield Wednesday (BFR having just left them). SW fans really laid into BFR as a "Judas".

He bought in nine new players, 6 made their debut. We were 2-0 down till the 42nd, the SW fans were having a field day and we were playing like a bunch of misfits. Then Cyrille Regis pulled one back just before the end of the half. In the 2nd we played out of our skins with Paul Mortimer equalising and Dalian Atkinson getting the winner. So 3 of our new players scored!! Great game!

Would accept same result against Bournemouth!! Wouldn't be great for the nerves though!

Mortimer should have scored tbf but Atkinson mopped up the pieces. Staunton ftw on his debut Luna stylee :D :D :D

Where's your Ronny gone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1KdG5FmIls

If no one else signed within the week against Bournemouth I reckon we'll line up:

Bunn

Hutton (crespo if fit), Richards, Clark, Amavi

Gueye Westwood Veretoute

Ayew Gestede Sinclair

Bench

Gabby, Cole, Baker, Hutton (if crespo starts), Gil, Grealish, Guzan

I think if it's going to be three in the middle, with Westwood starting, that's probably bad news for Grealish. He's not as effective asa wide man as he is when he play's behind a single striker as the central man in a 4-2-3-1. 

I personally think 4-2-3-1 suits us best given the players we have, we played it a lot last season under Sherwood and I think it'll work for us. However, we haven't really used it in pre-season and quite frankly, I haven't got a clue how he'll line us up this year.

• Like 1

If no one else signed within the week against Bournemouth I reckon we'll line up:

Bunn

Hutton (crespo if fit), Richards, Clark, Amavi

Gueye Westwood Veretoute

Ayew Gestede Sinclair

Bench

Gabby, Cole, Baker, Hutton (if crespo starts), Gil, Grealish, Guzan

I'd go with that, with the exception of Hutton. I'd play Bacuna, purely for his crossing ability. With a fit Grealish, I would probably have gone for him ahead of Ayew.

------------Guzan-------------

Richards-Okore-Clark-Amavi

-------Westwood/Sanchez

-------Gueye--Vertout

--Ayew---------------Sinclar

-----------Gestede------------

------------Guzan----------------

Richards-Okore-clark-Amavi

-------Gueye--Vertout.........

--Ayew--- Grealish/Gil----Sinclar

-----------Gestede------------

Or move Richards to CB and put Crespo/Hutton at RB.

Edited by Skruff

27wyg6g.jpg

What are the green, yellow, and red lines? Is that who's allowed to pass to whom? Like, green—go, yellow—if you discuss it beforehand and the manager approves it, red—absolutely not. Because if it is, we're going to have some problems getting the ball out of our half.

Edited by JamieZ