Starting Lineup....

GeordieVillan

I'd probably go something like;

Marshall

Lowton Lichaj Stevens Luna

Tonev Sylla El Ahmadi Holman

Bowery Dawkins

I know what you're thinking though... 442 is dead isn't it?

Swap Stevens for Baker and you may have the poorest group of premierhsip players in the league right there.

Surely we have had worse right backs than Lowton

Yeah this is totally off topic, but I couldn't bring myself to put Lowton in that team. His sunderland performance alone puts him above those players.

Back on topic, I think Guzan, Richards, Clark, Amavi, Westwood, Gueye and Veretout are amongst the definite starters. After that I'm struggling, too many options. Love it.

---------------Guzan----------------

Hutton---Richards-----Clark-----Amavi

--------Gueye----Westwood---------

-----------------Cole--------------------

------Ayew-------------Sinclair-----

---------------Gestede--------------

This, and it will be exciting too. Its evens that Cole will be injured before Saturday though!

This....

Or possibly with Bunn in nets as Guzan still not sharp. Tim has played 4-4-2/ 4-4-1-1 all preseason. Pushing Cole and Sinclair wide and Ayew and Kozak up top

So for AFC Bournemouth game

...............Bunn..............

.......Richards.....Clark .......

Hutton......................Amavi

.......Westwood.....Gueye........

Cole.....................Sinclair

............Ayew.................

..................Kozak..........

Expecting to see Veretout and Gestede to get a run out after 60/65 mins

Edited by Boumasbabies

Assuming we sign Gestede, Veretout and Adebayor, how does everyone see us lining up on the first day of season?? Not the team you would pick, the team that you think will start the match, and no hedging your bets, just pick 11 players and a formation....

I think as follows -

Bunn

Hutton

Richards

Clark

Amavi

Gueye

Veretout

Sinclair

Grealish

Ayew

Adebayor

Pretty much This!

Only Sanchez for Veretout and Guzan for Bunn. Once Okore is fit probably bring him into central defense for Hutton and push Richards to RB. Would be tempted to play Gabby (if he is is fit) ahead of Ayew also as I think Ayew and Veretout need more time to settle (hence Sanchez in for Veretout). Its not a good idea to play too many new players at the start of the season as we need good TEAM first and foremost, a bunch of good individuals that haven't gelled is not smart even Bournemouth could beat us then!

Edited by Philosopher

Throw Veretout and Gestede in. Quicker they play and get up to speed the better.

Guzan

Hutton

Richards

Clark

Amavi

Westwood

Gueye

Veretout

Sinclair

Gestede

Ayew

That starting 11 actually looks pretty good.

I would like to see this for the first game:

Guzan

Crespo

Richards

Clark

Amavi

Veretout

Gueye

Gil or Grealish

Ayew

Gestede

Sinclair

If we can fit Grealish and Gil into the same starting eleven, surely we need a song for them that can go to the nursery rhyme Jack and Jill? I am sure some clever folks out there can beat this effort!

Jack and Gil are Villa's best and they both walk on water.

They'll put your defence to the test before they go and slaughter.

Gestede has to be a starter this weekend. Will know Bournemouth and how they play and, crucially, they will know what a scary big thunderbastard he is. Imagine having to win a header against him if he has a run on you and attacking the ball. nightmare

For my money also Westwood has to start. Keeps things ticking over and I think will thrive with better, more intelligent midfielders around him. And yes that is snipey wee comment aimed at Cleverly and Delph.

Also, while im on a roll here, get Richards into right back. Doesn't appear to have the wit or discipline for a centre back and frankly makes me nervous. 

• Like 1

I would like to see this for the first game:

Guzan

Crespo

Richards

Clark

Amavi

Veretout

Gueye

Gil or Grealish

Ayew

Gestede

Sinclair

If we can fit Grealish and Gil into the same starting eleven, surely we need a song for them that can go to the nursery rhyme Jack and Jill? I am sure some clever folks out there can beat this effort!

Jack and Gil are Villa's best and they both walk on water.

They'll put your defence to the test before they go and slaughter.

Jack and Gil went up the pitch to to produce a thriller

Gestede latched on, hit the net...

1-0 to the Villa.

I'm so sorry that is sooooo bad.

I think picking the starting 11 is going to be a really hard call. With just 8 days to go till the Bournemouth game can Sherwood put out a team featuring 5-7 new players as many suggest, who will have played very little together?

Can't be any worse than last season (as a whole).

I am not questioning the quality of the new players and am quite excited by some of them. My point is whether they can function as a team after so little time together. I don't know of any PL team that has ever started with 5-7 new players from the off - do you?
Last years Southampton squad?

--------------Guzan

Hutton-----Vlaar-----Senderos----Bennett

------Delph------Westwood----Richardson

Weimann--------------------------------Agbonlahor

--------------------Holt

in for Lord Holt again are we?