Starting Lineup....

GeordieVillan

Sinclair and Gil in a lot of teams - back ups for Ayew and Grealish those two I'd have thought.

Did you not see Sinclairs performance yesterday? That might have something to do with it...

The clue is in the timestamp on my post Dem. 

However, even given yesterday's hat trick and him looking sharp, I'm still not convinced he'll start many games. I still think it'll be Gabby down the left and Ayew down the right when fit.

Also Gil is better than Grelish in almost every respect in my eyes if its based on ability alone then Grealish is backup to gil

Based on the few games he played? Lmao

Well, both haven't really played all that many games for anyone to make a fair judgement on, but personally I'd be okay with Gil starting ahead of Grealish. I think he's shown just as much promise if not a little more than Jack has.

I'm happy for either one of them to start and I'm glad we have them in the squad. Both of them will have very important uses this season if utilised correctly. Looking forward to seeing them both get a lot of game time.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

Also Gil is better than Grelish in almost every respect in my eyes if its based on ability alone then Grealish is backup to gil

As opposed to basing it on what?

In case you haven't noticed, the thread is entitled "starting line up" There are numerous options and opinions will vary.

One person may prefer Gil to Grealish but ultimately this can only be based on what that person will have seen, be it a handful of games or over 100 games. Many people are picking most of the French signings ahead of last seasons players-This is based on even less games.

Instead of hovering around criticising others opinions, why not tell us who YOU would start?

In case you haven't noticed, the thread is entitled "starting line up" There are numerous options and opinions will vary.

One person may prefer Gil to Grealish but ultimately this can only be based on what that person will have seen, be it a handful of games or over 100 games. Many people are picking most of the French signings ahead of last seasons players-This is based on even less games.

Instead of hovering around criticising others opinions, why not tell us who YOU would start?

Id pick Grealish over Gil, based on Grealish being superb for us towards the end of the season and Gil barely playing any games.

Instead of hovering around criticising others opinions, why not tell us who YOU would start?

Id pick Grealish over Gil, based on Grealish being superb for us towards the end of the season and Gil barely playing any games.

Neither will play at Bournemouth.

Strictly speaking, that's based on your opinion alone, not "ability".

I do agree however that Grealish needs to be used carefully this season and Gil looks handy backup for when he's rested.

I would probably pick Jack in my starting 11. However, he has virtually missed an entire pre-season. This can have serious consequences in the coming months. I doubt he'll be involved on Saturday (or Gil for that matter). This paves the way for Sinclair and Awye to start and from then onwards, it will be their place to loose. I just hope to God he doesn't start Gabby.

I would probably pick Jack in my starting 11. However, he has virtually missed an entire pre-season. This can have serious consequences in the coming months. I doubt he'll be involved on Saturday (or Gil for that matter). This paves the way for Sinclair and Awye to start and from then onwards, it will be their place to loose. I just hope to God he doesn't start Gabby.

To be honest I think Gabby has a big part to play at Bournemouth. I would start him with Sinclaire and Ayew either side. Can't see Gestede getting the call up just yet, so it would be between him and Kozak for me. Gabby pips him with PL experience, which could be important against the new boys.

Pffft, Gil over Jacky my arse. Based on what we have seen Grealish is a more accomplished player and, well, he's one of our own.

First name on my team sheet.

Jack has played more than twice as many games in a Villa shirt than Gil has. Gil has a goal (and what a goal), Jack hasn't. Jack has an assist and Gil hasn't. I don't really know how anyone can claim Grealish is more accomplished than Gil at this point considering Gil has a couple of years of first team football more than Grealish has and has pretty much achieved as much as he has in a Villa shirt despite playing less games.

They're both great and we're lucky to have them.

• Like 1

Pffft, Gil over Jacky my arse. Based on what we have seen Grealish is a more accomplished player and, well, he's one of our own.

First name on my team sheet.

Jack has played more than twice as many games in a Villa shirt than Gil has. Gil has a goal (and what a goal), Jack hasn't. Jack has an assist and Gil hasn't. I don't really know how anyone can claim Grealish is more accomplished than Gil at this point considering Gil has a couple of years of first team football more than Grealish has and has pretty much achieved as much as he has in a Villa shirt despite playing less games.

They're both great and we're lucky to have them.

Gil got a great assist vs Chelsea last season for Okore, think we hadn't scored in a month or something close to that at the time.

Guzan

Hutton - Richards - Clark - Amavi

------------ Westwood ------------

------- Veretout -- Gueye --------

-- Gil --------------------- Sinclair --

------------ Gestede --------------

Would not like Richards at CB but Okore is injured so would probably have to make do. Would presume Ayew or Grealish could go in for either of the wingers.