home.png
Gil
home.png
Ginko

home.png
StefanAVFC

759.gif

Sorry, it was Gil or you and if I left Gil out I would have been lynched

Pretty exciting to have this much choice, that is for sure. I would go with this, if we sign all we are linked with today and if everyone was fit. 

GK - Guzan

RB - Hutton

CB- Richards

CB - Clark

LB - Amavi

CM - Veretout

CM - Westwood

CM - Gueye

AM - Gill

RW - Ayew

LW - Grealish

CF - Adebayor

With a bench of Bunn, Okore,  Richardson, Gardner, Sanchez, Kozak, Gabby. 

Leaves the following not even in the match day squad

Steer, Bacuna, Senderos, Baker, Cissokho, Bennett, Kinsella, Calder, Mason, Cole, Tonev, N'Zogbia, Robinson, Gestede, Sellers and probably some others I forgot about. 

Although hopefully some of those will be sold and some are just kids. But all are potential match day squad players this season currently. 

What it does show me is that if we do play 4.3.3 and not 4.4.2 which I hope we do, we are maybe one light in CM as you are looking at Cole, Richardson or a kid top be 6th choice. But not terrible. 

Pretty exciting to have this much choice, that is for sure. I would go with this, if we sign all we are linked with today and if everyone was fit. 

GK - Guzan

RB - Hutton

CB- Richards

CB - Clark

LB - Amavi

CM - Veretout

CM - Westwood

CM - Gueye

AM - Gill

RW - Ayew

LW - Grealish

CF - Adebayor

If they let us play with 12 men we'd survive easily!

GK - Guzan

RB - Hutton

CB- Richards

CB - Clark

LB - Amavi

CM - Veretout

CM - Westwood

CM - Gueye

AM - Gill

RW - Ayew

LW - Grealish

CF - Adebayor

With a bench of Bunn, Okore,  Richardson, Gardner, Sanchez, Kozak, Gabby. 

Leaves the following not even in the match day squad

Steer, Bacuna, Senderos, Baker, Cissokho, Bennett, Kinsella, Calder, Mason, Cole, Tonev, N'Zogbia, Robinson, Gestede, Sellers and probably some others I forgot about. 

Although hopefully some of those will be sold and some are just kids. But all are potential match day squad players this season currently. 

What it does show me is that if we do play 4.3.3 and not 4.4.2 which I hope we do, we are maybe one light in CM as you are looking at Cole, Richardson or a kid top be 6th choice. But not terrible. 

A nice 4-3-3-1 formation there. The extra man, a bit unorthodox, but would help immensely.

• Like 1

I believe Gill, Adebayor and Ayew wont be 100% match fit and therefore will only be in contention for the bench. TS has also stated he sees Gueye as playing a more advanced attacking role, so with the imminent arrival of Veretout I can see Gueye moving forward, at least until Gill is back up to speed. Guzan is still no.1 but he's still not back from the Gold Cup & having a Summer break. With KO only a week away so I expect him to be given a little before being back in the team.

.......................................................Bunn..............................................

Hutton...............Richardson.................................Clark..................Amavi

...........................Veretout....................................Westwood.........................

....Sinclair......................................Gueye..................................Grealish....

....................................................Getsede..............................................

4-4-2 first game I'd expect:

.......................................................Bunn..............................................

Hutton...............Richardson.................................Clark..................Amavi

.Sinclair.............Veretout....................................Gueye................Grealish / New Winger 

......................................Getsede..............Kozak................................

Ha yeah, good point! harder to pick our 11 thatn I thought, Who would you drop from that 11/12! Ayew I guess then Gabby doesn't even make the bench. 

Ayew did say when he joined he was 85% match fit and will probably get decent game time in the last warm up. So I think we 2 weeks training and being involved in 2 games he will be 100% 

Oh, forgot Crespo too!

Cant see us buying anyone else after this 3, We need to trim more fat and we have got rid of 13 already. Crazy transfer window. 

When will Guzan be back? he will be 100% match fit, so surely he will just walk into the team. Although he wont have met 2 of our back 4, 2 of our midfield, and potential either of our front line, so I guess they may hold him back!

Its dangerous playing too many new players at one time, as you have no idea what your going to get. the team will require time to gel

True, worked for Saints last season and Amavi, Gueye, Richards, Bunn, Sinclair and Ayew will all have been involved in at least 2 pre-season friendlies. Richards knows the league well, Sinclair has been with us for a while, and Amavi and Gueye simly looks class. So yeah, maybe just the 3 we buy today may have to be eased in.