Starting Lineup....

GeordieVillan

----------------------Bunn--------------------------

Crespo------Okore-------Baker-------Richardson

--------------Sanchez---Westwood---------------

Sinclair---------------Gil----------------N'Zogbia

----------------------Kozak------------------------

I think that's as good a second eleven as we've had for a while.

I've been away for bit, I hear there was quite a bit going on.

Ironic thing is a few weeks ago that was looking like an 11 we'd have to field in the prem and now it's the virtual reserve team!

It looks good except that Richards is a starting CB in to many lineups. I would like to see an upgrade there and then I will be sure we will not be in a relegation battle. 

Before I get slated for putting down a player who haven't even played for us yet. I do dislike this argument. I have seen a lot of football. I believe I can rate a player. I have seen Richards play a lot of times. He is not magically going to improve just because he puts on a claret & blue shirt. Not against us signing him but as a starter. Just NO.

• Like 1

-----------------Guzan---------------------

-----------Richards---Clark--------------

Bacuna---------------------------Amavi--

-------Gueye-Veretout-(Praet?)--------

-------------------Gil------------------------

------------------------Ayew----------------

------------Gestede------------------------

Probably too small in the middle and a little exposed out wide, though, unless we're going for our take on tiki-taka. Think it'll more likely be Sanchez in front of the defenders. Will surely see a classic 4-3-3 at some point, too, with Gresford and/or Sinclair.

It looks good except that Richards is a starting CB in to many lineups.

Not ideal, but inevitable, I think.

It looks good except that Richards is a starting CB in to many lineups. I would like to see an upgrade there and then I will be sure we will not be in a relegation battle.

Before I get slated for putting down a player who haven't even played for us yet. I do dislike this argument. I have seen a lot of football. I believe I can rate a player. I have seen Richards play a lot of times. He is not magically going to improve just because he puts on a claret & blue shirt. Not against us signing him but as a starter. Just NO.

I have a feeling that Sherwood has signed him to play centre-back, which is why most people are putting him in their teams.

He's played in the middle in all the friendlies, so I find it hard to believe that Sherwood will suddenly switch him to right-back.

What could be likely though, is Sherwood bringing in a better player to partner him in the middle, leaving Clark, Okore and Baker as back-ups.

We've gone from buying bargain bucket players to potentially very good, very very good players. Yes they will need time to find their feet, but this will bean exciting journey.

Guzan

Hutton Richards Clark Amavi

Veretout Gueye

Gil Grealish Sinclair

Gestede

Against Bournemouth

Genuine haven't got a clue how he'll set the team up and keep all these players happy. Really excited for 2pm next Saturday!

Very much this but 3pm ;)

I was guessing he was talking about the team being announced at 2pm ;)
  • Like 1

Yes they will need time to find their feet, but this will bean exciting journey

We've certainly signed a few quality runners, and that's based on my broad knowledge of players, not just heinz-sight.

Genuine haven't got a clue how he'll set the team up and keep all these players happy. Really excited for 2pm next Saturday!

True, But I'm more excited about seeing them on the grass than on twitter  ;)

*edit, and thats not the cheese either  :D

Edited by Kingman

-----------Guzan

Hutton Richards Clark Amavi

Well, I get that far and...

I sort of expect

-----------Westwood

--------Gueye-----Veretout

with

----------Gil-----Grealish

-------------Gestede

But if Adebayor comes, should I replace Gestede...

Or play both and drop Grealish for lack of preseason?

Or maybe leave out Veretout, as he's just arrived and leave Grealish in...

But maybe I should play Ayew just ahead of Gil instead and running off one of Gestede or Adebayor...

But one big man leaves us short of height and there's Kozak to consider and... Oh... I haven't got much width, so what about Sinclair?

Or maybe Bacuna for Hutton?

And where am I playing Berbatov!

I think my head might explode...

We're Aston Villa.

We're not supposed to have choices, are we?

True, But I'm more excited about seeing them on the grass than on twitter ;)

*edit, and thats not the cheese either :D

Oh stop wishing your life away Kingman...

We've got huge squad currently. Could pretty much field three different themed teams:

Premier league veterans:

Guzan

Hutton-Richards-Senderos-Richardson

Sinclair-Westwood-Cole-N'Zogbia

Agbonlahor-Adebayor(?)

The Franco-Spanish crew (+Bacuna & Okore):

GK*

Bacuna-Crespo-Okore-Amavi

Gueye-Sanchez-Vertout

Ayew-Gestede-Gil

Young/homegrown Brits:

Steer

Donacien-Baker-Clark-Bennett

Gardner-Calder-Mason

Sellars-Robinson-Grealish

plus I couldn't fit Kozak, Cissokho or Tonev..

*we need to sign De Gea or Lloris ;)

As i read somewhere else it's a bit like BFR first season after selling Platt, and totally ripping up a side that has just come 17th. As long as we end up 7th  and then 2nd I will be happy.

And in the first game of that season 91/92 we played Sheffield Wednesday (BFR having just left them). SW fans really laid into BFR as a "Judas".

He bought in nine new players, 6 made their debut. We were 2-0 down till the 42nd, the SW fans were having a field day and we were playing like a bunch of misfits. Then Cyrille Regis pulled one back just before the end of the half. In the 2nd we played out of our skins with Paul Mortimer equalising and Dalian Atkinson getting the winner. So 3 of our new players scored!! Great game!

Would accept same result against Bournemouth!! Wouldn't be great for the nerves though!